PDA

View Full Version : 600 max, nice cue

snook
05-19-2003, 03:22 PM
yea, thanks in advance if anybody will actually reply to this, i'm looking for a new cue and want to spend about 600 at the most, preferable 3-5. any advice? thanks alot

Tom_In_Cincy
05-19-2003, 03:37 PM
You can have one made from Pete Omen (www.omencues.com) for that price.
You can buy most production cues for that price.
All kinds of well known procution cues have very good selections in this price range.

What are you looking for in a cue?

cycopath
05-19-2003, 03:51 PM
You can do an advanced search on eBay and put the amounts 300-600 dollars and see what comes up. It'll kind of give you an idea what's out there.

snook
05-19-2003, 06:19 PM
i'll do the search on ebay, thanks for the idea.

i would like something with two shafts if i can, and i dont like standard points, i would much rather have floating ones, and i'm much more leanant towards light colors. such as the power piston 4 that i have been looking at lately

thanks for your help

John G
05-19-2003, 09:01 PM
My advice would be to find a local cuemaker. Check him and his work out. How does he treat his customers. Does he use quality products to build his cues. Does he build a solid playing cue. Is the finish work good? Believe it or not there are many good cuemakers that build good cues that no one has ever heard of.

Have whoever you find show you how they build them. If they won't do that with pride find someone else. Just remember, pretty is as pretty does. Take your time and do your homework. You'll get more bang for your buck. Good luck

pooltchr
05-20-2003, 07:21 AM
Lucasi model L-SS3 has floating points, Unilock joint. Nice solid cue. MSRP is $219 and an extra shaft is MSRP $110. You can probably get a break ordering both at the same time.