PDA

View Full Version : Poolhalls in Arlington, TX area

UTAddb
05-19-2003, 04:01 PM
I'm going to UTA next year and need some good poolhalls (and billiard shops) to go to. Consider price, tournaments, leagues, and the closer to UTA the better. Also keep in mind that I'm under 21. Thanks.

SpiderMan
05-19-2003, 04:06 PM
Where are you living now?

For Arlington information, send private mail to Rackmup, onepocketchamp, or eg8r.

If you're underage, I'll bet there are tables in the rec center on campus also.

SpiderMan

UTAddb
05-19-2003, 04:43 PM
Right now I'm living in Leander (just outside of Austin). Yeah, I've heard they have a pretty good rec center and billiards club.

caedos
05-19-2003, 08:05 PM
Most of the rooms in Arlington didn't have problems with under 21's in them when I was living there about three years ago. Wilt's is one block south of campus on Cooper St. Much further south on Cooper St. (south of Arkansas but north of I-20) is Rack Daddy's and Rusty's, and Cooper and I-20 has a Bowling and Billiards (I think it's in the Southeast corner of the interchange). Wizard's on N.Collins (south of Brown Blvd. and north of Lamar??) is nice, and Fox&Hound at N.Collins and N.Green Oaks is a bit more upscale. On Hwy.360 at Randol Mill on the northbound service road is Speeds, and just up the service road on Majesty drive is Clicks (south of I-30).

Shop your tournaments, they change seasonally at some locations. Rusty's used to have an all day special and an all night special during certain hours, and Click's used to have $5 tables on Sundays (all day). Most of them have leagues of some sort.

If your personal safety and general health are not priorities in your life, there are a number of bars sporting bar table pool on Division just west of Cooper St. If you must, start with Fast Freddie's on Division if the place is still open.

Good luck,

Carl

UTAddb
05-19-2003, 08:10 PM
Thanks for all of the good info. Hopefully I'll get a chance to book a few days at Cue Tech too.

SPetty
05-20-2003, 11:12 AM
Are you the poster formerly known as "9 ball junior"? Why the name change?

Michelle
05-20-2003, 01:16 PM
I actually played out there once...it's been a couple years, but I think they have about 12 tables, in decent shape for a college rec room. I was there middle oif the day, and it was about half full. And, UTA has a very friendly campus, so finding other people to play with should be easy. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

UTAddb
05-20-2003, 01:46 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> Are you the poster formerly known as "9 ball junior"? Why the name change? <hr /></blockquote>
yes, I am the poster formerly known as 9 ball jr and my new name will be an unpronouncable symbol. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I figured my name couldn't be 9 ball junior forever.