PDA

View Full Version : Sucking Hind Tit in the Big One

SpiderMan
05-19-2003, 04:33 PM
After our 49-64 ($750) open finish last year, and another strong lineup ready in 'Vegas last week, we expected to bring home lots more cash.

Instead, we lost a close match to a strong team in the first round, and our second-best shooter dejectedly noted that he lost five in a row and asked me to sub him out. We only had one sub, good solid guy from another team but not quite the skill of our regular. We won one round on the losers' side, then lost again and we were out.

My regular player never showed up again, and never returned any of the calls I left on his cell phone. Anyway, I'm not sure what to say when I finally get hold of him. I hope he didn't hang himself with a bedsheet out the hotel window, but still I'm irked over being deserted. What if one of my other players had gotten sick?

Just venting, I guess, but it was a disappointing performance for my team. We tried the second chance, but by the time we decided to sign up our best shooter had gone to Phoenix for a golf matchup and we had to pick up another last-minute sub. No money for us /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Luckily Eric (CCB) was there and not entered in teams, we had a great time running around, shooting pool, sweating action, and overeating all up and down the strip /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SpiderMan

Eric.
05-19-2003, 09:52 PM
Spidey,

I had a blast! Gotta do that again!

Eric

05-20-2003, 10:16 AM

Kato
05-20-2003, 10:36 AM
These days when I play bad (happens quite a bit since I don't work at my game) I ask my captain Phil to sit me. I do not however leave my team.

As a team captain I just try to calm the troops and keep things light. Luckily, my team just blew through the APA 9-ball season and I'm dropping my captaincy in my next available heart beat. Keeping over grown children in line, even my own friends is not my idea of a good time.

Kato~~~over grown child

Rod
05-20-2003, 10:48 AM
WW,
I've had similar happen, and one guy got sick, in Vegas. Fortunately we had a back up that played the same speed on both occasions.

One time up there our captain suggested we go watch two teams play. We would play the winner the next day. One team was from Dallas and the other from back east. The team from Dallas creamed the other team. Some bystander's said two were champs in college and a host other wins to each one's credit. Our Captain said, man these guys play strong it going to be tough to beat them. What!!! I said, how can you say that? How negative, they haven't even played us yet. If you had your eyes open you would have noticed the other team was weak. They got beat because their not good players. We would steam roll them too. I had more to say but you get the idea.

The next day we beat them as bad as they beat the other team! No negative vibes man. AKA Donald Southerland LOL

Rod

Predator314
05-20-2003, 11:52 AM
team play is aggravating. i went through this at our state tourney this year. i had to play on of the teammates mommy and make sure he got out of bed on time and crap like that. i refuse to do it anymore. if he doesn't want to wake himself up next year or make it his responsibility to get to the tournaments on time, he can find another team.