PDA

View Full Version : Brunswick Gold Crown

05-19-2003, 06:50 PM
I recently purchased what I was told was a Brunswick Gold Crown 9 ft pool table. I have tried several resources and not had much success. My main question is this: Are there any identifying marks, date stamps, serial numbers or anything whatsoever that would prove this table to be an authentic Brunswick Gold Crown table. The previous owner could only approximate the date of the table to be about circa 1965 which would make it about 38 yrs old and a possible Gold Crown I table. Again how can I authenticate the table????

UTAddb
05-19-2003, 07:06 PM
I don't know much about the GC's but I'm sure someone here does. Did you try Brunswick's website?

05-19-2003, 07:14 PM
Yes I did try Brunswick's web site and they were a great help to get me where I am now but never really answered the burning question of which I ask. How can I identify the table as a true Gold Crown table?

UWPoolGod
05-19-2003, 07:33 PM
Get a free website and post some pictures on there for us to check out

Todd

cheesemouse
05-19-2003, 07:51 PM
I beleive this is a picture of a GCI.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=www.hollandsentinel.com/feature/hexpo01/images/021401/relsports.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.hollandsentinel.com/feature/hexpo01/feature/&h=324&w=500&prev=/images%3Fq%3DGold%2BCrown%2BI%2Btable%26svnum%3D10 %26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8%26sa%3DN

Ken
05-19-2003, 08:01 PM
That guy looks like he's appreciating something other than her stroke. Also, why does a woman who is 7 feet tall need to stand on a platform when she shoots?
KenCT

snook
05-19-2003, 08:09 PM
um...that girls a manican.......

05-19-2003, 08:17 PM
Hey, Hey can we get back on track here please. Let's stick to the question at hand.

UWPoolGod
05-19-2003, 08:23 PM
Well there's a picture...is that it or not?

05-19-2003, 08:44 PM
well as much as I'd love to look at the picture, i can't right now because i'm at work and they automaticilly block out certin web sites so i'll have to wait till i get home in the morning.

Fred Agnir
05-20-2003, 07:09 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dwh:</font><hr> I recently purchased what I was told was a Brunswick Gold Crown 9 ft pool table. I have tried several resources and not had much success. My main question is this: Are there any identifying marks, date stamps, serial numbers or anything whatsoever that would prove this table to be an authentic Brunswick Gold Crown table. The previous owner could only approximate the date of the table to be about circa 1965 which would make it about 38 yrs old and a possible Gold Crown I table. Again how can I authenticate the table???? <hr /></blockquote>Get a picture of it and put it online. I'm pretty sure that a GCI has every telltale sign of being a Brunswick. My old Brunswick had it stamped or written on a support member underneath. But even with that, the Brunswick name was all over it.

The original GCI I believe had painted aprons, as did the GCII. The GCIII had stained aprons, and copper castings. The GCI and II had more of a silver color. And some had ashtrays built into the corners. Yikes. I don't believe the slate on GCI's were pinned. The rail bolt disk assembly would be the "old style" like the old Anniversary tables. Figure 8 style.

BTW, I can't tell for sure, but that picture on the link looks like a GCIII or even a IV. The pockets look flush as far as I can tell on the resolution. That would indicate a IV.

Fred &lt;~~~ probably all wrong

Anonamus
05-20-2003, 07:13 AM
If it's a Gold Crown it will look like a newer Gold Crown at the pool hall. They all look the same with minor differences. Go out on the Brunswick web site and look at the picture of the table and pay close attention to the base that the table sits on. No othe table has a base like that. But the way you can tell for sure is by looking at the bridge on the base. The bridge is the piece of wood that runs the length of the table and connects the two legs together. In one of the top corners of the bridge should be a sticker that says AR 6100. I'm going by memory here, so I think that's what it says. I don't believe it actually says Gold Crown on it. The other way to check is to look on the bottom of each rail for a stamp. The stamp is a date and model code. If you write that code down and call Brunswick they will look it up and tell you the month and year it was made.

If you have determined it's a Gold Crown but can't access the bottom of the rail because it is already set up then you can tell if it's a GC I,II or III by the metal pocket castings and the size of the scoring wheels. The pocket castings on the GC1 should be solid aluminum pieces and they should be silver. They are real meaty pieces of metal, not the stamped out kind like on the newer. The scoring wheels are also much bigger than the newer models. The notches on the wheels are spaced farther apart and they have bigger numbers on them.

Also, the GC1's came in three colors; off white, baby blue and tangerine. The GC1's also have shorter rail skirts than the other models and due to this they have plastic extenders that screw to the bottom of the skirt and curve inward to hide the underside of the table a little. You may not have those becasue they get broken up and get tossed out. So if you don't have them attached you should be able to see the plastic pockets hanging down past the skirts.

Hope this helps.

Anonamus
05-20-2003, 07:17 AM
Fred,

The GC1's had pinned slate. They also have a much more pronounced bevel on the slate at the pocket opening which causes the ball to fall in easier than the newer tables.

05-20-2003, 07:57 AM
This is excellent information and has helped me tremendously. I greatly appreciate it. After seeing the table in person and talking to Brunswick direct along with everyone on here's help I can confirm without question that it is indeed a 1963 Brunswick Gold Crown I table. All told I say its in very good condition considering its 40 years old. I believe I've really come across something and am so glad to have found it. Again thanks for everyone's input.

travin
05-20-2003, 09:50 AM
I have a photo of the sticker referred to, I can email it if anyone is interested. It says...

Gold Crown Table
Brunswick
Model AR-6100 Series
U.S.A Pat. Des. No. 192,086

Todd

05-20-2003, 03:17 PM
Todd, I have learned that you can also look under one of the four corner plates and you will find an engraved date. Have you looked at yours? I wonder if the AR-6100 number represents 1961.