PDA

View Full Version : BCA in Vegas- sex, lies and videotape

Eric.
05-19-2003, 10:54 PM
Actually, I'll spare you the sex, try not to lie and hopefully, there wasn't any videotaping...

I got a couple of stories for those interested:

First of all, 10 days in Vegas is WAY too long(you can really get used to the lifestyle /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif). I was planning on leaving a day earlier, but missed my flight. Sheet happens.

The Pool- 8000+ poolplayers 200-250 tables and that doesn't include the Pro's. There is something going of almost 24 hours a day. Between the singles, team and mini tournies, there was something to keep you busy. On top of that, there were enough vendors to sell you whatever it was that you needed. Cues, supplies, accessories, clothes and hell, even one 9 ft table for raffle.

The Action- as with any big pool event, there is always action. One of the more interesting shows is the Bobby Pickle Show. I don't want to steal Fred Agnir's thunder(I think he is gonna post this years episode) but this is good entertainment. What is the Bobby Pickle show? Well, it's a comedy starring a tall ever-talkin, Southern guy that is putting Budweiser's kids thru college. The story goes like this; lots of wisecracks, talk to the crowd, pick on a "fish", then get robbed. It's amazing how a Roadie like Bobby, doesn't know other players! I was talking to Kid Delicious, catching up on things, when I mentioned Bobby Pickle to him. Kid mentioned that he already "met" Bobby. He and Bobby were playing 'even' /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Bobby, bobby, bobby...(Do you spell Bob with (1) O or (2) O's?!

Another interesting site is the Cue Club. The Las Vegas Cue Club is your average poolhall that always gets some good action during one of these events.
The place has an interesting story. It has been co-owned the last 15 years by Henry(whom Spidey and I had a chance to chat with while sweating Nick Varner's action) and his son-in-law Toby. Toby is a local shortstop with a respectable One Pocket game. Toby is the guy that beat Archie the Greek for $750,000 after Archie had that legendary Poker/Roulette winning streak. He bought into the club with the winnings.

Also in action was Neils Feijen. Neils was giving the Wild 7 to a local player and winding up on top. This guy plays strong 9 ball-look for him to place in more Pro Tournies. 'Terminator' indeed.

Then there was this Nit and Anna Kostanian. Now, I'm not gonna get into 'what was a 15 yr old doing in a poolhall til sunrise', I'll just tell the story. These 2 wander in around 2-3 a.m. looking to play. The Nit, who sounded like a 20 yr old Mc Cready with a more abrasive personality(if that's possible) walks in, scopes out the room, then begins to woof at people. At one point, he goes over to 2 guys on a table and starts woofing about playing Scotch Doubles. The one guy recognizes her and says "us against you and Anna?" The Nit says "AAANA, her name is AAANA". They walk over and the Nit starts with his ramble. He walks over and asks them what their playing for, which the one guy mentioned that they were just having fun practicing. At that point, the Nit decides to start calling the 2 guys "Champions" and at one point was trying to show what point on the cushion to kick to while the one guy was shooting. I thought the one guys was gonna drill the Nits finger with the cueball! After awhile of being ignored, the Nit and the girl go away, but keep an eye on the 2 guys playing. Meanwhile, the 2 guys realize they are being clocked and stall some. Later, after seeing that the Nit (who was Anna's "manager/backer") couldn't find a game, the one guy approaches him and says "I'll tell you what. My buddy doesn't want to play doubles, but I'll play her."
Nit- 20 a set, 50 a set?

guy- how about race to 15 for 1000, she get's the breaks.

Nit- Ummmm

guy- hey, you wanted to play, she's playing in the WPBA event, I'm just a regular guy. What's the problem?

Nit- hey, I don't know how you play and I thought you guys didn't want to play, anyway.

guy-I'm sure you were clocking me and besides, Anna plays in the Pro event.

Nit- I gotta talk to her...

eventually, they came by to let the guys know that they have a flight out the next day. Later on, the Nit and Anna find a doubles game and one of the kids winds up getting into a fight, getting beat up and thrown out of the Cue Club. Nice.

I'll post some on the CCB'ers in part 2. Gotta get some sleep.

Eric >Jimmy Olsen, signing off

nAz
05-19-2003, 11:04 PM
Har har good story dude! Im glad you all had a good time, Makes me really want to get there next year.
I better start saving now /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Ok now did anyone get any images?
if so post them i'd would really enjoyseeing them.

Oh yeah did anyone hit the slots?

eg8r
05-20-2003, 05:43 AM
Nice story. I second Naz, where are the pics. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Voodoo Daddy
05-20-2003, 05:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr> Actually, I'll spare you the sex, try not to lie and hopefully, there wasn't any videotaping...

Nit- 20 a set, 50 a set?

guy- how about race to 15 for 1000, she get's the breaks.

Nit- Ummmm

guy- hey, you wanted to play, she's playing in the WPBA event, I'm just a regular guy. What's the problem?

Nit- hey, I don't know how you play and I thought you guys didn't want to play, anyway.

guy-I'm sure you were clocking me and besides, Anna plays in the Pro event.

Nit- I gotta talk to her...

eventually, they came by to let the guys know that they have a flight out the next day. Later on, the Nit and Anna find a doubles game and one of the kids winds up getting into a fight, getting beat up and thrown out of the Cue Club. Nice.

I'll post some on the CCB'ers in part 2. Gotta get some sleep.

Eric &gt;Jimmy Olsen, signing off <hr /></blockquote>

I wonder who "guy" was?...HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Eric.
05-20-2003, 12:31 PM
O.k., Part II.

I've never met a CCb'er I didn't like. Really. I think the difference is that you already know that person, even if you have no clue what they look like. I had a chance to run into a few CCB'ers:

CarolNYC- the poolplaying version of the Energizer bunny! This woman is always up and on the go. Always fun to hang with and I enjoyed the time spent with her.

Fred Agnir- all around good guy. Quick wit and good for B Pickle updates /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Mr. Ingrate- taller than expected (about 6'3) and was the only one that wore his damn CCB keytag to the Dinner

Rip- after hearing descriptions about his perfect hair and perfect teeth, etc. I was expecting Wayne Newton. Although not quite Wayne (actually nothing like Wayne), he did live up to his rep. BTW Rip plans on cornering the market in "Pool Beanies".

SPetty- or "Spetty", Rip's partner in "Pool Beanies". Enjoyed sweating matches with her. Loves to laugh and makes a SERIOUS Marguerita.

Spiderman- enjoyed the scotch doubles(smack talk allowed) with your teammates. This guy knows his way around the Buffets. He has the ability to open King Crab legs like they had a zipper on them! I probably spent the most time with him.

Fran Crimi- the consummate Professional and loves a good laugh when she's not in a match.

Michelle- had a chance to chat briefly while sweating her/SPetty's team playing. Very nice girl and has a nice game.

Thierry Layani- don't let his quiet demeanor fool you. This guy is a barrell of monkey's!

Steve Lipsky- didn't spend much time but had a chance to sweat one of his matches. Steve's got game.

Did I forget anyone? Hopefully not. Although staying out til 5-6 am too many nights in a row took it's toll. Hell, the Vegas lifestyle...

Eric &gt;your poolplaying Jimmy Olsen

Tom_In_Cincy
05-20-2003, 01:11 PM
Eric,
Going from memory (you must have not killed those brain cells).. great posting.

All the folks there must have had a good time..

I hope to be able to spend some time in Vegas in August (very HOT from what I hear) Maybe a long weekend. I've got some friends that will be in the APA tournament (Wally's significant other) and I just might tag along and join in the experience.

Hopster
05-20-2003, 01:57 PM
Another interesting site is the Cue Club. The Las Vegas Cue Club is your average poolhall that always gets some good action during one of these events.
The place has an interesting story. It has been co-owned the last 15 years by Henry(whom Spidey and I had a chance to chat with while sweating Nick Varner's action) and his son-in-law Toby. Toby is a local shortstop with a respectable One Pocket game. Toby is the guy that beat Archie the Greek for $750,000 after Archie had that legendary Poker/Roulette winning streak. He bought into the club with the winnings. &lt;--Eric

Damm, i am sorry i didnt run into you. I tried looking for people but didnt find anyone. Im glad you had a good time at the cue club, real good place, Henry and Toby are good people. Toby is a real tough one pocket player.
I am usually there in the daytime cause i cant stand the music at night. The story with the nit getting beat up was good, im sorry i missed it.
Anyway, maybe we will meet up next time hopefully, we can terrorize the rio seafood buffet together.

Hopster
05-20-2003, 02:00 PM
I hope to be able to spend some time in Vegas in August (very HOT from what I hear) Maybe a long weekend. &lt;--Tom

Well it all depends if you consider from 110-120 degrees hot or not. lol Yes, its tough in august and july, i cant stand it at times. I shoot a lot of handguns at an outdoor facility we have here and if i dont get out there at 6 am in the morning to start, forget it.
Go to take the good with the bad i guess.

SPetty
05-20-2003, 02:10 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr>Rip- ...BTW Rip plans on cornering the market in "Pool Beanies".

SPetty- or "Spetty", Rip's partner in "Pool Beanies". Loves to laugh and makes a SERIOUS Marguerita.<hr /></blockquote>Eric had so much fun with my name. No one (other than coworkers and family) uses my first name (except some of you here, and it makes me cringe every time...) He just couldn't bring himself to pronounce it right! It's just "SPetty", not "EsPetty". "SP" like "spam" or "spunk" or "space cadet"! (BTW - you other guys, and you know who you are, feel free to start using my right name!)

I made the margaritas before I left home and brought them all the way with me to Vegas and kept them on ice until I was knocked out of the singles. Then was the time to bring them out, and Rip and I enjoyed them tremendously. A couple of CCBers had tasted my margaritas while out at PettyPoint Pool Hall awhile back, and the main comment at that time was "gee, they're strong". Rip, wonderful person that he is commented "gee, they're great, got more?" My man!

Here's the pool beanie he's talking about:
http://www.wpba.com/images/BCAKjorsvik02.jpg
This is Line Kjorsvik. Dawn Hopkins wore the same beanie - in every match. A closeup pic of the beanie was put up by Gremlin over on AZBilliards and it shows the spot on the front of the beanie is a kangaroo!

SPetty~~~Met Thierry Layani - he's a hottie! Finally met Steve Lipsky and apologized for almost knocking his head off last year...

MikeM
05-20-2003, 03:28 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr> O.k., Part II.

I've never met a CCb'er I didn't like. Really. I think the difference is that you already know that person, even if you have no clue what they look like. <hr /></blockquote>

Does that include FL? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Sounds like you had a blast. Are you going to the Open as well?

MM

Eric.
05-20-2003, 03:55 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote MikeM:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr> O.k., Part II.

I've never met a CCb'er I didn't like. Really. I think the difference is that you already know that person, even if you have no clue what they look like. <hr /></blockquote>

Does that include FL? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Sounds like you had a blast. Are you going to the Open as well?

MM <hr /></blockquote>

Everyone's a comedian /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The Open? Hell yeah. As usual, I'll be there for the weekend. Friday thru Sun. Give me a call when it gets closer.

Eric &gt;thinks Mike is a commodian-a real pisser

Jimmy Mendoza
05-20-2003, 04:18 PM
The kangaroo is the logo for the brand "Kangol", in case you were wondering /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Rip
05-20-2003, 05:31 PM
Pool Beanies! Get your Pool Beanies HERE! They won't last long! They're going fast so get YOUR FREAKIN' POOL BEANIES NOW!
Whew, this pool beanie business is very tiring. One of SPETTY's world class margarita's would hit the spot right about now!

SPetty and I were watching the pros one night and all of a sudden--kaboom--SPetty whips out the ice, cups and a batch of kick a$$ margaritas. She set up our very own personal bar right there in the VIP section. SPetty definitely wins BCA Bartender of the Year in my book!
After 4 days of sitting and watching the pros, I decided to skip the semis and finals and headed to Utah to torment a few trout. While fishing a beautiful mountain stream I had an idea---FISHING BEANIES! GET YOUR FISHING BEANIES HERE!
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Rip~~

Rod
05-20-2003, 10:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He just couldn't bring himself to pronounce it right! It's just "SPetty", not "EsPetty". "SP" like "spam" or "spunk" or "space cadet"! (BTW - you other guys, and you know who you are, feel free to start using my right name!)
<hr /></blockquote>

No sorry that won't work. LOL When I read a post or use your name it isn't SPetty like you mentioned above. That would be Spetty. When I address you here it sounds like S-Petty. So you see to you, it looks and sounds like Spetty but really I'm calling you S-Petty. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

~~~ rod was lightly scolded for calling SPetty by her real name, beware /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

CarolNYC
05-23-2003, 04:00 AM
Hey there Eric,
It was great seeing you,Fred,Spetty,Rip and meeting Mr. Ingrate-
Eric-Thank you so much for the time we spent together,I
enjoyed every moment with you,although the time was
short,but then again,FRIENDSHIP has no time!:)
SPetty-You are definitely awesome and absolutely a VIP in
my book!Congratulations on your finish!
RIP- You keep that wonderful smile!Love it!
Fred-Family is FAMILY!:)
Mr.Ingrate-It was a pleasure to meet you!Glad your wife is
well:)
Looking forward to next year!
Carol~still doesnt know what RIP's views are on the
PREDATOR shirt-Hmmmmmmmmmm? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rip
05-23-2003, 07:22 AM
Hi Carol, very cool shirt! If you're wearing it--it's even more cool! /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Rip

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr>
Carol~still doesnt know what RIP's views are on the
PREDATOR shirt-Hmmmmmmmmmm? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
<hr /></blockquote>