PDA

View Full Version : Can't please everyone

Q-guy
02-18-2002, 01:17 PM
I find the new board interesting and different. Has more options, (how can that be bad). I like the flat option. I like the idea of adding pictures. Although some will be showing crap they are trying to sell. Can do better cue ID,ing now, something many posters often ask. Posters can message privately, (the way I understand it) without the board looking like a chat room anymore. If it does not suit some and they choose to go to other boards, what is the deal with "I am never coming back, or reading this board again." I go to every poolroom in town. although I tend to go to the one closest to me most often. I also find it interesting that some posters feel the need to make this some kind of a competition between boards, where you must take sides. I don't take sides. I read most of the boards now, always have, and will continue to do so. People will go mostly where the action is, and that will remain to be seen. But I find the general attitude very childish today.

cuechick
02-18-2002, 01:27 PM
I agree!! I also can not see a reason to take sides pool needs all the support it can get! I have added 3 forums to my toolbar favs and plan to visit them all regularly. Those who just jumped ship so fast with out giving the new board a fair shot, well what can you do? I am an optimist, I always look for the good in something. I hope the Powers that be take heart I love the new board!
I love it, I love it I love it!!!

cheesemouse
02-18-2002, 03:15 PM
I'm in my second day on this board and I learn something new about navigating on it every few minutes just by playing with the features. I hope it works as I agree with Q-guy & cuechick. If you gave up on game of pool after a few trys you wouldn't be very good would you? Everybody here is a player not a quiter. The players will remain, no problem-ooohhh!!!!!!!

Q-guy
02-18-2002, 03:56 PM
I think the other board was actually dumbed down a bit for the beginning Internet user. People saying they can't figure out what is happening, are just going to have to get up to speed with everyone else. How many times does someone post " Can I please get the website for Tim Scruggs" or some other information that could be found with any search engine. They don't even want to try, they just want to be spoon fed, what can I say. Rather talk pool.

cheesemouse
02-18-2002, 05:08 PM
Q-guy,
I don't want to be accused of painting with the perverbal broad brush but I used to make statements without thinking past the moment, I outgrew it. When these people who vented in their posts come back they can just sit quietly in the back of the room for a day or two and if they don't mention anything about what they said before I won't either /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

Rod
02-18-2002, 05:56 PM
Q-guy no you can't please everyone. I really feel the same
as you do on this topic. I've only made a few posts and I am
trying to use all the features to suit my taste. But pack up and leave town because of a change is kind of silly.
I'm sure when everyone bought a computer, they didn't
say to hell with this thing, I'm going to do it all by hand,
and then discard it. It may not be the same, but it does have a lot of whistles and bells and is the unit that we use to communicate with. Well call me blind but as I am
typing this I just noticed the text below from your post.
Which I thought I had to remember. This is a little better than the old board because I can
read most of it without having to scroll. Anyway change
happens, some will pout and others will adapt. And like you
many of us will visit different sites, for their content.

Rod

Vagabond
09-10-2002, 11:12 PM
Hi cue chick,
Me too.
Vagabond