PDA

View Full Version : Lucasi Pronunciation

Icon of Sin
05-20-2003, 10:55 AM
I have been hearing it pronounced 2 different ways...

I have always said it like: loo-cah-see

I have heard other players say it like: loo-kay-see

Just wondering, my father is probably gonna get there sneaky pete and i was wondering how its pronounced

Cueless Joey
05-20-2003, 11:07 AM
Low Kay See I think.
Then again if you want to pronounce it the Italian way, I think you pronounce it Loo Kah See.

05-20-2003, 11:12 AM
I'm pretty sure it's Loo-Kay-See or Loo-Kay-Zee...

pooltchr
05-20-2003, 11:33 AM
From what I understand, the cue is named for Jim Lucas, founder of Cue & Case sales. Loo-kah-see

05-20-2003, 11:48 AM
Oh well, if true, it wouldn't be the first time that a mispronunciation has take on a life of it's own. I've always heard it pronounced Loo-Kay-See, but then again there have been other words that I and others have gone about happily mispronouncing for years.

Think I'll write my congressman about sponsoring new legislation requiring all post-3rd-grade vocabulary words to include phonetic spelling keys. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Fred Agnir
05-20-2003, 12:02 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Icon of Sin:</font><hr> I have been hearing it pronounced 2 different ways...

I have always said it like: loo-cah-see

I have heard other players say it like: loo-kay-see

Just wondering, my father is probably gonna get there sneaky pete and i was wondering how its pronounced
<hr /></blockquote>The guy's name is Jim Lucas. So, I just put an "ee" at the end of his name. LOO cah see. But, I'm probably the minority.

Fred

Pizza Bob
05-20-2003, 12:52 PM
I don't think they care how you pronounce it, as long as you buy their cue!

Adios,

Pizza Bob

9 Ball Girl
05-20-2003, 01:05 PM
Lucasi is an Italian name, I think, so it has to be Lou-Kah-See. Italian is one of the Romance Languages so there are no long sounding vowels.