PDA

View Full Version : Meucci ....... Finally returned my shaft ......

05-20-2003, 02:24 PM
Previously I had written to show my displeasure with warranty service being required for my Black Dot shaft . I sent it to Meucci in late January 2003 ..... It has finally been returned , May 20,2003 , along with a letter of apology for the delay . Apparently Meucci had a problem with the shafts they recieved from their manufacturer . The letter stated them having to replace 1000's of shafts , and having to reorganize the service department . SO , if anyone requires warranty service , be prepared for quite possibly a long delay . Initially , I was told a two week turn-around ..... Such was not the case ...... Regardless , I am finally happy once again !!!!! Let's hope this shaft will survive !!!!

tateuts
05-20-2003, 04:36 PM
I had Meucci change out a joint and shaft collar for me last December. They did a beautiful job at a reasonable price. They were about 2 months backlogged but they can basically fix almost anything on almost any cue they've ever made - simply amazing! They can even re-roll the old logo after a refinish or damage.

In their defense, I called them one day to buy a rubber bumper for an older cue. The woman in the repair department grabbed three different types and mailed them to me - at no charge.

They may be damn slow. But damn, they're good.

Chris

Cueless Joey
05-20-2003, 05:01 PM
I know a lot of people love Meucci cues.
Cue repair people that is. They make a good living fixing Meuccis. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nostroke
05-21-2003, 05:12 PM
In Vegas, one outfit was making anyone who bought a Meucci sign a release. Here it is with retailers name omitted:

"The cue you are purchasing was purchased directly from Meuccci Originals Inc for resale by ...... in good faith and was purchased as a quality product.We do not purchase seconds nor are we aware of Meucci even making such available. The cue you are buying is the quality the Meucci company is building and selling to dealers such as us. Therefore we have drasticaly reduced the price of our Meucci cue inventory for liquidation purposes. By signing this form you are acknowledging that you received the discount and agree to the following conditions:

Cue is purchased AS IS. ALL sales are final NO warranty is expressed or implied by ........... Any manufacturing defects are wwith Meucci Originals Inc. and not with ........

Guess they have had a bit of trouble with Meucci cues huh?

05-21-2003, 05:49 PM
sheesh, i have been shooting with meucci's since 97 and i've never had a problem with them. but i was just getting ready to send my cue to meucci to have my intials engraved on the butt of the cue, but reading this am kind of scared. that's a long time not to have the most important part of your cue.

05-21-2003, 06:29 PM
A Meucci *used to be* a fine cue, IMO, particularly back when they were a custom cue. Back then Meucci was a major sponsor and many pro's proudly sported Meucci cues -- now you're hard pressed to find a top player with one and rarely if ever see their sponsorship anymore. Since going mass-production 10-12 or so years ago, the quality seems to have deteriorated to the point of being a running joke in the industry, as you can tell by the posts here.

A buddy has a recent vintage Freshman model that I don't care for at all -- it feels and hits nothing like my Meucci Original 84-5 with 2 shafts that I bought new in the late 80's. It's one of the best-hitting cues I've ever played with, and still one of my favorites. The shafts are really starting to show their age and have very slight warps in them, so I recently decided to put a Predator shaft on it (still on backorder due to the shortage, who knows when it will arrive). I know it's going to be a drastic change from the original whippy "no-dot" Meucci shafts I have, but I really love this cue and want to keep it alive. If I don't like the Predator shaft on it, I'll see about maybe getting some shafts custom made for it when I decide on a new custom cue later this year (hopefully).

And yes, my new custom cue (whoever makes it), will have a sprayed wrap -- I like the wrapped look but hate the naked linen feel... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
05-22-2003, 06:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dmorris68:</font><hr> A Meucci *used to be* a fine cue, IMO,......<hr /></blockquote>

Here in Hamiltucky most of the long time league players play with Meucci's. Just ask TomCincy, he has witnessed our annual tournament. It's like a Meucci-fest /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I guess it's a holdover from the 80's and early 90's when the Meucci was the cue to own.

Mark Twain said "When the world ends I want to be in Cincinnati. Everything happens there 20 years later than everywhere else" LOL

later....