PDA

View Full Version : Organize a local Pool Tournament

05-20-2003, 06:42 PM
I have been playing pool for a few years and some friends of mine own our local bar and want to set up a pool tournament. It has been a while since I played in a tournament and have not had much hands on in sitting up a tournament, anyone have any suggestions???

Rod
05-20-2003, 06:55 PM
You should have posted this in the CCB forum, you would get more replies. Such things as entry fees, handicap, if any, pay outs etc should be considered. For a tournament chart go here. Chart (http://www.playpool.com/) Look on the left under downloads.

Rod

05-28-2003, 09:09 AM
Another local pool tourny is exactly what we need here, I think. If you just start with a small, say, $5 entry fee for an 8 or 9-ball tourny once a week, word will get around. Throw in a little extra incentive like prizes or better yet, extra money once a month. Then you could throw in a higher stake tourny for the serious players on another day. Pretty soon enough people will be gathering every tourny day and not only will you have a tournament to have fun with, but you have a lot of customers that maybe you wouldn't have had before. You could even offer discount prices on bar items on tournament days too.