PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Annual CCB Tournament

Mr Ingrate
05-21-2003, 07:31 PM
Now that I'm back home I've been thinking about the upcoming CCB fun tournament at the US open. I've come up with a matrix for assigning players to teams etc. Drawing partners at the end of each round could result in the same players as teammates more than once. I've put up a selection matrix in the following acrobat file:

The CCB Matirx (http://www3.telus.net/syrja/ccb/ccb.pdf)

Player numbers are drawn randomally at the beginning of the tournament and then all assignments are as per the matrix.

I will set up tournament charts and forms using acrobat files so once a name has been entered it will be carried throughout all the necessary documents.

I can build a Summary Sheet to keep track of individual scores and totals, Match score sheets to record the result of each match, and a perhaps a schedule for each player.

If the matrix meets with approval, I'll get to work on the other, if you wish.

9 Ball Girl
05-21-2003, 09:26 PM
Dave, it looks good. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I'm all for it.

MikeM
05-21-2003, 11:22 PM
Thanks Dave. That looks great.

MM

WesK
05-21-2003, 11:32 PM
cool.

Kato
05-22-2003, 07:33 AM
Wow Wes, you're really working on that post count. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato

Rich R.
05-22-2003, 07:46 AM
Dave, your suggested matrix will have to be submitted for approval, in triplicate, to the CEO and the Board of Directors, in charge of the tournament.
This could take many, many months.

An alternative approach, would be to wait until our TD, Tom_in_Ciny, sees your post and says "yes" or "no". /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Personally, I like the idea, but, what do I know? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

MikeM
05-22-2003, 08:59 AM
Isn't he though?!?
/ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
MM /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Tom_In_Cincy
05-22-2003, 10:44 AM
David,

PM me, I have some questions.. but basically I like the idea a lot.

WesK
05-22-2003, 10:47 AM
One word at a time.

WesK
05-22-2003, 10:47 AM
Day by day.

Deeman
05-22-2003, 10:59 AM
Testing 1,2,3

Oh! Sorry, just building up my number of posts!

Will Play, No Matter the Format! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

WesK
05-22-2003, 02:43 PM
Exactly.

Tom_In_Cincy
05-22-2003, 02:53 PM
NEWS... Breaking NEWS....

The 2nd Annual CCB Tournament held in Va. Beach Va. on Saturday Sept. 20th 2003 in conjunction with the 2003 US Open 9 ball tournamet, has a new Tournament Director.

[ QUOTE ]
Dave Syrja in Victoria davespooltools.com <hr /></blockquote>

Mr. Ingrate (aka Dave) has accepted the honor of being the 2003 TD for this tournamet.

Format will be the MATRIX 2003 version. (See Dave's orginal post for more details)

I will focus my attentions on the promotion and donations aspect of this EVENT....

if anyone wants to volunteer to help Dave with the Tournament details (match announcements and/or score keeping and coffee/asprin and drink gopher duties.. please PM Dave or me for committment pre-reqs.. )

Kato
05-22-2003, 08:53 PM
I have no idea what I just saw /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif If you say it works then it must work.

Kato

Karatemom
05-22-2003, 11:31 PM
Glad I'm not the only one, LOL. I understand the format and everything else, but if I read it right, then the first 16 drawn will pair up with the last 16 drawn for partners. And player #1 will not play against player #16, right? I like round robin tourneys and it sure sounds like you've got this one covered, Dave. Nice job!!

Heide

Mr Ingrate
05-23-2003, 10:29 AM
Actually player #1 will play against player #16, he will not play with him. The first 16 will get their partners from the last 16 and visa versa. If you are in the first 16, one opponent in each round will be a player from your group and your partner will always be a player from the second group.

So, if you're not with them, you're against them. You should play with or against almost everyone in the tournament.

Best of all, you're only saddled with me as a partner once if you have the misfortune to be stuck in my group of 16.

Rod
05-23-2003, 12:59 PM
I must be a little slow here today, not unusual. So who wins the tournament? Or I should ask how do you determine the winner/s ? The winners is a group of 16? I'll understand, hit me with it! LOL Dave you did very well in the Geezer's tourney, everyone will want to play with you.

Rod

Deeman
05-23-2003, 01:04 PM
Dave,

As TD, Can you be bought off? I mean, if Tom gets close to beating me, can I cheat? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

9 Ball Girl
05-23-2003, 01:10 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman:</font><hr> Dave,

As TD, Can you be bought off? I mean, if Tom gets close to beating me, can I cheat? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Exactly what do you mean by "cheating"? And can I be in on it? What the hell, I'm already in cahootz with Kato! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wendy&lt;---wouldn't readily trust a guy who rides a quarterhorse named Bo! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Tom_In_Cincy
05-23-2003, 01:16 PM
Rod,

It will be the player with the most wins. You will play 15 matches with a total of 15 different players on your side and 30 players against you..

Tom_In_Cincy
05-23-2003, 01:18 PM
Deeman,
Close.. LOL.. that will be the day.. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Cheating.. If I am close.. it will be, that I have been cheating. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

The sign of a good hustle is the looser feeling good about being beat out of their money...

Deeman
05-23-2003, 01:47 PM
Exactly what do you mean by "cheating"? And can I be in on it? What the hell, I'm already in cahootz with Kato! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wendy&lt;---wouldn't readily trust a guy who rides a quarterhorse named Bo! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Wendy,

Any cheating any of us guys in our right mind are considering will always, and I mean always, be thought of with you in mind. Gee, I hope my wife is not reading this!!! Hey, most of us are just coming to the tournament to get to see you!!!

Hey, old guys gotta dream too! Wendy, please don't insult "Bo". He is very sensitive, like Fast Larry's Dog but not quite as good a pool player. I give him the eight and the break.

Tom, I'll just be happy if I can stand up to playing that many games! I do look forward to playing and seeing everyone.

Everyone have a nice, long weekend!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

9 Ball Girl
05-23-2003, 01:56 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman:</font><hr>
Wendy,

Any cheating any of us guys in our right mind are considering will always, and I mean always, be thought of with you in mind. Gee, I hope my wife is not reading this!!! Hey, most of us are just coming to the tournament to get to see you!!!

<font color="red">Deeman, how you do go on! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
</font color>

Hey, old guys gotta dream too! Wendy, please don't insult "Bo". He is very sensitive, like Fast Larry's Dog but not quite as good a pool player. I give him the eight and the break.

<font color="red">Deeman, I love to ride horses! (Dirty minds out the gutter please) /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif</font color>

Tom, I'll just be happy if I can stand up to playing that many games! I do look forward to playing and seeing everyone.

<font color="red">Hang with us for 7 days and we'll have you so liquored up you wouldn't know if you were standing or sitting! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif </font color>

Everyone have a nice, long weekend!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

<font color="red">[b]Thank you! You too! Every minute of this long weekend will be spent in a poolroom! /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif </font color>
<hr /></blockquote>