PDA

View Full Version : Deleting posts.

Popcorn
05-22-2003, 12:47 AM
I delete a lot of posts I write, after just a short time or if I happen to go back and read them. After you write it, later you look at it and think, who cares about this crap and delete it. Am I the only one that does this? I find myself doing it more and more, it seems so meaningless posting most of this junk. I don't know, maybe the novelty is wearing off or something.

nAz
05-22-2003, 01:08 AM
I don't think i have ever deleted a post, maybe edited it. This is probably cause i do not give a damn about what people think /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
However i do think there are some people that should delete some of their repetitive post /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif J/K?

Wally_in_Cincy
05-22-2003, 06:18 AM
I can't remember you ever posting anything which I would consider junk. You have some good advice and some cool stories.

Under the old format (before 2002) you could not delete posts. There were quite a few I wish I could have deleted back then.

later....

Fred Agnir
05-22-2003, 06:25 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> I delete a lot of posts I write, after just a short time or if I happen to go back and read them. After you write it, later you look at it and think, who cares about this crap and delete it. Am I the only one that does this? I find myself doing it more and more, it seems so meaningless posting most of this junk. I don't know, maybe the novelty is wearing off or something. <hr /></blockquote>I answered your post, but I deleted it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Fred &lt;~~~ deletes posts

Kato
05-22-2003, 06:52 AM
I've edited a bunch of posts, deleted a few here and there but not many. On the non-pool side I rarely change anything because it's the goof section of the board. I really try to grind the gears on the pool side because I can't seem to articulate what I know into words.

Kato

Rod
05-22-2003, 10:51 AM
Rarely do I delete a post, edit once in a while. I don't know possibly some I should have. I try not to post something that is not useful information, but I'm sure I have. I am going to back off on the technical side though. I try to make it easy to understand and It's not an easy task to articulate as Kato mentioned. One on one in person is no problem. I feel I need to cover an answer not leaving anything out. Well you can write a chapter on just a simple question. I allready know I left certain things out so now I need add a disclaimer. I was going to delete this because I've left some things out. LOL If I ever get involved with a UPA, US Open dispute, someone just shoot me. That would be a good post to delete, that is one of my posts.

Rod

nAz
05-22-2003, 11:16 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> LOL If I ever get involved with a UPA, US Open dispute, someone just shoot me. That would be a good post to delete, that is one of my posts.

Rod <hr /></blockquote>

Can I just shoot you anyway? /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Rod
05-22-2003, 12:02 PM
What caliber? Only large bores accepted. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Popcorn
05-22-2003, 12:02 PM
I think it's more since I got the high speed connection. I don't think I read that much before, so I commented less. Lately I seem to have a lot more to say and maybe much doesn't need to be said. In person I don't have much to say, I am very quiet. I don't answer the phone, or talk to people, my wife does all that. She refers to herself as my social director. I may just be very selfish with my time and don't like to waste it. So I guess I don't want to waste others time as well.

SPetty
05-22-2003, 01:32 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> I delete a lot of posts I write, after just a short time or if I happen to go back and read them. After you write it, later you look at it and think, who cares about this crap and delete it. ... I don't know, maybe the novelty is wearing off or something. <hr /></blockquote>Hi Popcorn,

I care what you write. I appreciate what you write. You make good posts.

You should do this soul-searching before you press the "Post It" button. Don't go back and delete something that you thought was useful at the time that I might want to read. I sometimes start a post, but then don't finish it because you guys don't always have to know everything I'm thinking. There are certain posters whose posts I never read, but I always read yours.

Yes, the novelty wears off, but that doesn't mean that your knowledge, opinions and stories aren't wanted, needed and appreciated.

Stop deleting your posts! (just my opinion...)

Tom_In_Cincy
05-22-2003, 02:34 PM
Popcorn,

Deleting posts is ok. I don't see anything wrong with what you are doing. I've deleted post on my own and had PMs suggesting that I delete certain posts and have done so.

Its a good option to have, and you seem to be using it as you see fit. That's all that counts.

You comments, replies and stories are always welcome.

Sid_Vicious
05-22-2003, 04:20 PM
I understand what you mean about going back and reading the post again and thinking, "Man that sounds retarded" or just plain worn out, and I've deleted several because of it. I wouldn't say I've gotten more into deleting posts as time goes along, but there's probably been a few I SHOULD have deleted and didn't...sid

cheesemouse
05-22-2003, 05:29 PM
Popcorn,
I find that you and I are on the same page on many things pool related. Many times I have scrolled down reading responces and finally yours shows up and it is right on the money and I don't feel the need to add anything. I say it like this: up you pop and no corn...heehee /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I always like what you offer. You've been there and have a great background in pool and I hope you continue to offer up.....the novelty does wear off though and one becomes more selective in both reading and posting.