PDA

View Full Version : Master chalk

pooldaddy9
05-23-2003, 07:09 AM
I was wondering if chalk had a shelf life? I bought a box of Master chalk a couple of years ago and I think it was a couple years old when I bought it but it doesn't seem to go on as good as it first did. Anyone know?

Fred Agnir
05-23-2003, 07:31 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooldaddy9:</font><hr> I was wondering if chalk had a shelf life? I bought a box of Master chalk a couple of years ago and I think it was a couple years old when I bought it but it doesn't seem to go on as good as it first did. Anyone know? <hr /></blockquote>I wouldn't think that there's a shelf life, unless it got wet and is now moldy. I think some people microwave or bake their chalk if it's gotten humid.

Fred

Predator314
05-23-2003, 08:03 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fred Agnir:</font><hr> I think some people microwave or bake their chalk if it's gotten humid.

Fred <hr /></blockquote>

I put a little Shake n' bake on mine and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees. It comes out crispy and goes great with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

cycopath
05-23-2003, 11:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Predator314:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fred Agnir:</font><hr> I think some people microwave or bake their chalk if it's gotten humid.

Fred <hr /></blockquote>

I put a little Shake n' bake on mine and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees. It comes out crispy and goes great with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif <hr /></blockquote>Nobody likes a smart-ass Predator314, well except for me... thanks for the laugh. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Rod
05-23-2003, 12:02 PM
I think if it has been exposed to excess humidity it's not as soft and won't cover as well. I guess you could say it gets a little crusty. If your not having any problems with miscue's though then I'd use it.

Rod

Mr. Blonde
05-23-2003, 01:01 PM
I really don't think chalk has a shelf life because I recently found some chalk of mine that has to be like 5 or 6 years old and i haven't had any problem with it.

Tom_In_Cincy
05-23-2003, 01:33 PM
I got a deal on a 'gross' in the early 90s and still have about 50 pieces left. I keep them in a cool dry place, wrapped in a plastic bag.

I usually keep about a dozen in my case. Never know when you need a new piece of chalk.

bluewolf
05-23-2003, 07:53 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> I think if it has been exposed to excess humidity it's not as soft and won't cover as well. I guess you could say it gets a little crusty. If your not having any problems with miscue's though then I'd use it.

Rod <hr /></blockquote>

No problem here. Any chalk fallinng on the floor is perceived as food for the northern dogs. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

pooldaddy9
05-24-2003, 11:41 AM
Thanks, I can use what I have. It just doesn't seem to go on as smooth as it first did. I tried sanding the blocks down a little bit and it seemed to help.