PDA

View Full Version : PH,s in Allen/Mckinney/Plano, Texas Area?

Candyman
05-23-2003, 10:35 AM
I will be visiting relatives in the Dallas Burbs this summer and I was seeking a nice place to play without going downtown.
Lock

Sid_Vicious
05-23-2003, 11:36 AM
Plano has 2, and the other cities have none except for bar boxes. it takes very little time to drive past Plano and find any number of pool playing places, the first just over the Plano/Richardson city line off of 75, a Fox & Hound. You'll save money by driving another 15 minutes or so and getting to places charging flat rates, yet Fox and Hound does give free time from 11-2 with lunch purchases. NICE Diamond tables there!

Plano's locations are Parker Road & Alma, about 2 miles off of US75, Austin Avenue is it's name. Then you have Rack Daddys on Coit(might actually be Richardson) and it is 5 miles across Plano down by G. Bush Tollway. Both places are too noisy for me, but if you are looking for eye candy, then go to Austin Avenue. For quiet pool and "a game" if you know what I mean, drive the 15 minutes...sid

Michelle
05-23-2003, 01:13 PM
Yes, the Rack Daddy's is technically located in Plano, which by the way, means they close at midnite, due to so crazy, silly law Plano passed a few months ago.

It's also a little drive, but you can go to the west side of the Tollway at Trinity Mills in Carrollton and check out Carson's or Cape Buffalo. Carson's has 12 really nice Diamond tables, a huge sports bar, restaurant, stage for local bands, and a "techo hall" in the back, and is quite a "happenin'" place on the weekends. Cape Buffalo, across the street, has more tables, has more tables, and is pretty sports-bar-inclined as well. Not cheap places, by any means, but nice to play at.

Candyman
05-24-2003, 02:03 PM
Thanks to you both for the input. Lock