PDA

View Full Version : Stickland vrs. Hopkins Challange Match

Tom_In_Cincy
05-23-2003, 10:43 AM
From the AZBilliards news letter (recvd. today)
[ QUOTE ]
Also announced this week is a $3000 challenge match between Allen Hopkins and Earl Strickland at Great Slates Billiards in Cambridge, MD on May 31st.

Both players will be doing trick shot exhibitions, and playing challenge matches with the fans for charity before they get down to business with a race to 11 9-ball match for $3000.
<hr /></blockquote>

You lucky MD folks.... love to see a CCB anttendee give a rack by rack report..

Michelle
05-23-2003, 01:18 PM
I hear Earl has been rather calm lately...anbd soft-breaking.
Is this a monumental life change for him??

nAz
05-23-2003, 01:26 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Michelle:</font><hr> I hear Earl has been rather calm lately...anbd soft-breaking.
Is this a monumental life change for him?? <hr /></blockquote>

Zoloft Can Help you too /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Deeman
05-23-2003, 02:05 PM
<hr /></blockquote>

You lucky MD folks.... love to see a CCB anttendee give a rack by rack report.. <hr /></blockquote>

Tom,

If it's not too far from York, I may go see this and, of course, give you all the low down. Just as a note, after Earl had his "stones" removed, it may have slowed him down a bit, who knows?

cycopath
05-23-2003, 02:09 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman:</font><hr>
Just as a note, after Earl had his "stones" removed, it may have slowed him down a bit, who knows? <hr /></blockquote>Is "having your stones removed" pool terminology for a real bad lose?

Just kidding. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Deeman
05-23-2003, 02:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cycopath:</font><hr>Just as a note, after Earl had his "stones" removed, it may have slowed him down a bit, who knows? <hr /></blockquote>Is "having your stones removed" pool terminology for a real bad lose?

Just kidding. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Cycopath,

Hey, I guess that does have a double meaning but I was referring to having Kidney stones. I would never say Earl doesn't have the "Stones" but, then again, maybe you're on to something there....

ted harris
05-23-2003, 03:01 PM
For those of you that are considering coming, I would suggest you do. After travelling coast to coast , and from room to room, this is by far the nicest Billiard establishment I have ever seen. The room is equipped with 14 Gabriel's Vector tables, and also 9 Gabriel's bar tables, and also a 10,000 sq' restaurant and lounge, a stage and dance floor with the best live bands the East Coast has to offer. Also included is over 100 TV's, and lots of friendly staff. Check out the chandeliers in this joint. It is truly a sight to be seen. Hope to see you all there. Any questions? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Great Slates (http://www.greatslates.com)

dg-in-centralpa
05-23-2003, 06:57 PM
Wish I could make it /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif I'm placing my money on Allen Hopkins. Good Luck to both!

DG - only two weeks until the Belmont!

pooljunkie73
05-23-2003, 08:15 PM
Earl hasn't calmed down that much.He was up to his old tricks at the BCA OPEN.First round against my hometown boy Jeff Kennedy.Jeff had to call in an official to tell him to sit down and get away from the table.Earl decides to freak out!Tell's him he has no right to tell the World Champ to sit down,he can still be a clown.

eg8r
05-23-2003, 10:56 PM
Wow, sounds real nice. I like my pool halls without all the other racket a restaurant might bring, but it does sound like a nice place.

Some people have all the luck. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I just wish I could get to any pool hall more often then 2 times a month. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

eg8r

ted harris
05-24-2003, 01:17 AM
The "eatertainment" area is separated from the pool side. There is even a room in the back that contains all the seating for "sweaters row" and 3 or 4 tables with its own bathroom, for all the action seekers. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

arn3
05-25-2003, 05:41 PM
sounds more like an entertainment room than a billiard room. somehow, i don't see dance floors/live bands mixing with billiards.:)