PDA

View Full Version : Perfect pool Bluewolf style

bluewolf
05-24-2003, 04:49 AM
Just a disclaimer- The below method is what seems to work for me and what seems to suit my brain,also in general, what things are worked on in practice. I have not tried out this method in a match yet, so it is a new idea.

When practicing or shooting this way, I have found that I achieve much relaxation. It doesnt matter if all the balls go in or not (although many of them do). As with any new method, there is a period of adjustment.

Here it goes:

1 Very good fundamentals ie stroke, stance, personal eye pattern, alignment, address etc. These are assumed to be in place.

2 Have already drilled to have ball speed control and to know what speed is required for shape in different situations.

3 Have already drilled to find out what eng, top, bottom centerball and at what ball speed results in what shape, ie what zone it ends up in and how many rails it goes , how much the player can 'cheat the pocket' on certain shots to pot the ball and still get shape ie-<1/4 hit, 1/2 ball hit, etc.

All this has been done in practice. It is now in the person's cpu and there is no need to search for it every time a player is shooting outside of the drill situation, ie a match, except for very delicate shots such as long straight ins, which require perfect accuracy

When Playing pool-

Standing up, see the angle line, see where you want the cb to end up.

Get down over the ball and shoot.

Since the player has already learned in practice what happens with various spins and ball speeds, etc, the player does not need to think about this stuff while standing because the brain already knows how to do these things and generally in what situations. The brain can adapt to situations which are a different shot than practiced, because all of the required techniques are learned and stored in the CPU.

Granted, I have not played pool long, but this seems to be working for me for me and I wanted to share this to see if anyone else plays pool this way. And to others who are always lookings for new things to experiment with.. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Right-brained Laura

"It works if you work it"

Kato
05-24-2003, 06:53 AM
I just play by sense of smell.

As far as all that "stuff" you just mentioned. I just throw all that "stuff" in a pot, stir it up and call it "feel".

Kato~~~is not sure which side of his brain plays pool but can guarantee the other side is smarter.

Sid_Vicious
05-24-2003, 07:46 AM
"Since the player has already learned in practice what happens with various spins
and ball speeds, etc, the player does not need to think about this stuff while
standing because the brain already knows how to do these things and generally in
what situations. The brain can adapt to situations which are a different shot than
practiced, because all of the required techniques are learned and stored in the
CPU."

That's a good analogy BW, I'd say it summarizes the execution very well. What you wrote above...this is true and yet I've found out that your CPU "blurrs" in time. How you will find this out for yourself is to take on a student, pro-bono, and begin to explain the "what happens when you hit this" and "you're really feeling it when you do this" types of explanations. This may sound like BS, maybe just works for me, but I've re-learned more about my fundamentals by trying to instill the game's mechanics into a raw player than by anything else. Like I said, the brain gets a mind of it's own over time, and needs to be reminded, damed if that doesn't sounds deep ;-)

All in all a nicely written post Laura...sid

05-24-2003, 10:19 AM
Laura, U said 1 year ago that you are learning and improving so fast that after 1 year,you were going to be a force to be reckoned with. Well,it's 1 year later,what's the word, Champ??

DebraLiStarr
05-29-2003, 12:29 PM
I think this girl is a ding dong. Why have the moderators of this board allowed this looney toon to pollute this site with all this garbage? I am of the belief that she is not trying to learn anything. Is it just me, or is she passing along advice now? I understand that the message boards are a place to express yourself, but this woman is ridiculous. What makes matters worse, is that her typing assault continues on other message boards. She actually makes me miss Fast Larry.

Deeman
05-29-2003, 12:59 PM
Debra,

You are not being politically correct here! Many may jump on you for this note but many will also silently give you a couple of "Taps".

DebraLiStarr
05-29-2003, 01:13 PM
I'm not trying to be politically correct, nor am I trying to be mean. I just find the volume of her rambling to be a bit overwhelming on a daily basis. It is getting much more difficult to filter through her posts, and it is starting to look like its a sick joke. If that hurts someone's feelings, so be it. The length, frequency, and content of her ramblings speak volumes for my case. I really think it has gotten out of hand lately and that something should be done about it. I feel as though I have been nice for long enough. This is a problem that has grown worse over time, and I think it is time that somebody said something. I'm sure we have all noticed this, and thought about saying something, but enough is enough. She does the same thing over at the azbilliards forum (which I have stopped reading because of her incessant rambling) and the recent arrival of Fast Larry to assist her in prolonging her ramblings. When is enough - enough?

Wally_in_Cincy
05-29-2003, 01:16 PM
Oh what the hell. I'll jump in.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DebraLiStarr:</font><hr> I think this girl is a ding dong. Why have the moderators of this board allowed this looney toon to pollute this site with all this garbage? <hr /></blockquote>

She does not post anything offensive. She does post too much and she has been told that. She just can't help it.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DebraLiStarr:</font><hr> I am of the belief that she is not trying to learn anything. Is it just me, or is she passing along advice now? <hr /></blockquote>

I agree she should not be giving advice. But she's sincerely trying to help. I just wish she would listen to the advice she receives.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DebraLiStarr:</font><hr> She actually makes me miss Fast Larry.
<hr /></blockquote>

Wow I wouldn't go that far. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

eg8r
05-29-2003, 02:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think this girl is a ding dong. Why have the moderators of this board allowed this looney toon to pollute this site with all this garbage? <hr /></blockquote> Well aren't you the perfect example of good member. If I rememeber correctly I have never seen Laura "attack" another member, and it seems your quote is doing just that. If you don't like it, then send a message to the mod and see what happens. Other than that, this type of post is more garbage than anything I have seen from Laura.

eg8r

DSAPOLIS
05-29-2003, 02:57 PM
Debra
you make some excellent points but as usual lack the tact needed to express you thoughts constructively. While Laura does post excessively I believe that she has a sincere desire to learn. In this forum it is easy to scroll past her posts and ignore them. I believe that you are reading your posts in flat mode, and you can alter that in your preferences quite easily. After you have changed that you can ignore all the posts by not opening them up. That should alleviate the problem. The only problem you will then have is the 90 repsonses she gets from her questions. So, with that, I tend to disagree with Ed's opinion that your type of post is "garbage" or that you attacked her. Your post is less than tactful and could have been worded so that you did not resort to name calling, but you do make a point nonetheless. I believe that many people will agree with you on several points at varying degrees, but that does not at all insinuate that you are correct in your approach.

eg8r
05-29-2003, 03:04 PM
Agree or not, Debra's has the tact of Fast Larry. Maybe you could do a one on one session with Debra and teach her how to act in public with other adults. It is quite hypocritical to ask for the removal of a member when you are acting more childish that the person you are requesting to be removed.

eg8r

Ward
05-29-2003, 03:53 PM
If you don't like the posts don't read them...

Later

DebraLiStarr
05-29-2003, 04:06 PM
eg8r,
I don't think I asked for her to be removed from the board. As far as my tactfulness goes, I remember that you used a similar approach when describing my family's pool hall and had no apologies for it whatsoever, and smugly shrugged off the idea that you needed to apologize, re-word your statement, or explain the reasons of why you would make such statements with little or no knowledge of subject. You were rude, crass, and pigheaded in your approach during that thread, so save the lessons in manners for someone who actually cares about any opinion you may have. I could see if if Bluewolf posted twice per day on varying subjects, but she posts 3-4 times a day on about ten subjects, and her posts never seem to end or stop, and they breed themselves overnight. As David pointed out (in his all knowing, condescending way I might add) it would be easy to ignore her posts, but they come attached with 5 million responses, only for her to respond back to each one of the responses for her initial posts. Get my point? It's really not funny anymore, and it not interesting. Whether or not she is a nice person, or polite is not the issue. When I was in college, I had a lady like this in one of my classes. Nobody was able to learn anything because she raised her hand constantly asking questions to the point that the entire class was for her benefit and nobody else's. She was oblivious to the rude sighs and eye rolling every time she raised her hand. Eventually, many people dropped the class because we were tired of listening to her "not getting it". This is the same situation. She does come across as a little ditzy, which is why I referred to her as a "ding dong". Perhaps that was a poor choice of words, but it's very accurate, and everybody has already noticed, they just haven't said it out loud. I did. And... I waited for over 2300 posts before I said something, so I'm not jumping the gun here.

05-29-2003, 05:13 PM
1) Without her lead-ins and set-ups, Rod, Jake, Popcorn etc wouldn't post half as much. DASPOLIS would have no natural lead in to 2/3 of his verbose, 300 words-paragraph compendiums.

2) Wally, Ed Newman wouldn't have a natural second banana to play off of. Hey anybody can look sane and normal next to her. She is the proverbial "Village idiot" in a hick town. Most everyone want to kick her, save her (or sermonize to her), or patronize her for their own laughable reasons, from Walloon in hillybillyland to Tom "Bob Jewett wannabe" Suarez to Fred "newly abrasive and personal" Agnir.

3) She has learned to navigated the fine line of CCB acceptable posting etiquette, laughable as they are, much like the inimitable Ed "eg8r" Newman - appearing in turns cloying, sarcastic, condescending, or in full out attack modes, depending on the lay of the land and retreating just as they are about to cross the line.

4) Just like aftercaddy's line about "We all get the government that we deserve...", I think it is also a truism that we all get the pool forum that we deserve. Enough regulars here are coddling, even encouraging an attention whore like bw, and she and her likes are certainly contributing to raising the pageview counts here. So no critical mass to discourage ker kind, the board will turn more and more in her directions.

An embarrassed regular

rackmup
05-29-2003, 06:07 PM
Could someone please repeat the question?

Regards,

Ken

eg8r
05-29-2003, 06:26 PM
Hey, glad you made your first post. I know this is not your first post, but since you want to be a child about it, go ahead and keep your secret name. It is easier to throw stones when you are hiding.

eg8r

eg8r
05-29-2003, 06:34 PM
I am not sure you wanna bring the ph thing up again. I really see nothing wrong in telling a person on vacation to watch out for legendary trouble spots in town. If your family pool hall was beach billiards, then "Was I wrong" in stating that is not a hot spot anymore?

Here is sentence that I was referring to when stating you were calling for her to be removed...<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Debra:</font><hr>Why have the moderators of this board allowed this looney toon to pollute this site with all this garbage?<hr /></blockquote> Maybe that is not what you meant, but then, why should the board keep her quiet. It is a public forum.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Debra:</font><hr>Perhaps that was a poor choice of words, but it's very accurate, and everybody has already noticed, they just haven't said it out loud. I did. <hr /></blockquote> And I am still wondering why you thought that should be your job.

eg8r

05-29-2003, 07:19 PM
The problems I have seen with most boards are people start getting stupid and getting childish by attacking the person and not the subject. A post about someone posting should have been done in a new post and let others post about a posterís posting. Now that I slung that bs. Stick with the subject and donít attack the person. Itís pretty simple. Called common decency. Hell you people still refer to Fast Larry. I know for a fact he doesnít post on here anymore. Itís one thing to cowardly threaten an old man face to face at his place of business but it worse to backstab when he isnít here to defend himself. Show some respect people. I donít see anything wrong with Lauraís post here. You can always learn something, and it damn possible to learn something from someone who doesnít know as much as you. I work on computers and I have picked up a several tips and shortcuts from people who canít so a quarter of what I do. But they had the knowledge and I didnít and I learned.

Qtec
05-29-2003, 08:32 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> I am not sure you wanna bring the ph thing up again. I really see nothing wrong in telling a person on vacation to watch out for legendary trouble spots in town. If your family pool hall was beach billiards, then "Was I wrong" in stating that is not a hot spot anymore?

Here is sentence that I was referring to when stating you were calling for her to be removed...<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Debra:</font><hr>Why have the moderators of this board allowed this looney toon to pollute this site with all this garbage?<hr /></blockquote> Maybe that is not what you meant, but then, why should the board keep her quiet. It is a public forum.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Debra:</font><hr>Perhaps that was a poor choice of words, but it's very accurate, and everybody has already noticed, they just haven't said it out loud. I did. <hr /></blockquote> And I am still wondering why you thought that should be your job.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>First you defend your right to say what you want,then you defend BWs right to post what she wants and in the same breath you criticise Debra for speaking her mind.Dont you think thats maybe just a little hypocritical?Debra made her point and backed it up with facts,which is more than some people do on this forum.Lets try and keep it friendly,just because somebody doesnt agree whith you,doesnt automatically make them the enemy.

eg8r
05-29-2003, 08:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dont you think thats maybe just a little hypocritical?Debra made her point and backed it up with facts,which is more than some people do on this forum. <hr /></blockquote> Could you please paste the facts you speak of? There were no facts.

[ QUOTE ]
Lets try and keep it friendly <hr /></blockquote> Since you decided to add this to your reply to me, would you clarify it. I am trying to keep it friendly (I don't know why, it certainly is not my position to do either). We have a woman that posts like crazy, almost to the point of people ignoring the posts or snickering through the PM. Then we have another person who came on and attacked her. I asked that the attacks not happen. It is perfectly fine to post in disagreement, I just don't think it is personally fine to belittle someone. We had a recent member removed from the board for doing some of the same. I guess I was being critical of what Debra said, because it is unecessary. That would not happen in public place, so why do it here. Like you said, "Lets keep it friendly."

eg8r (I have done my part, no political posts in awhile. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif)

Ralph S.
05-30-2003, 12:42 AM
Debra, I usually try to stay out of this petty type of [censored], but I need to point out the obvious since I dont recall seeing it mentioned yet. You say that you have suffered or waded through Laura's 2300+ posts. I beg to differ with you on that. She has been registered for quite a long time now. You on the other hand have only been registered since April of 2003. You also dont have a hundered posts to your credit either.

So, can you tell us again how you have endured her incessant rambling, as you call it, even though you dont have but maybe and I mean maybe, one fourth the time on this board like she and many others here do have? I am all ears and waiting for your response. That is, if you can come up with a logical one.

dddd
05-30-2003, 01:19 AM
show some respect for the people here please!
if you are without flaw you be the first to stone them, but if your not without flaw, all you have done is show your (?)
you, i am sure did not want to show your less than stellar skills, so the ball is in your court and make yourself feel better, relent and let it go...

she is who she is
you are who you are dont reduce yourself to such a low

Hopster
05-30-2003, 02:37 AM
I think this girl is a ding dong. Why have the moderators of this board allowed this looney toon to pollute this site with all this garbage? &lt;--Debra

And what the hell have you brought around here thats so interesting ???

You could have did this in a PM with Laura and avoided all this so all youre looking for is attention,period.

Then the other one No Tact who is obviously a reg jumps in with a few more slams cause he/she has no balls to do it under its own name.

You dont like her posts ? Dont read them.
You dont like the board or the way its handled ? Dont come here.

Life is simple, people make things hard.

TomBrooklyn
05-30-2003, 06:43 AM
The more descriptive and accurate the subject is, the more it helps the busy reader decide what they want and don't want to spend their time opening up to look at.

Also, the option to change or modify the subject in mid-thread can be used to reflect and distinguish the multifaceted comments and ideas that occasionaly branch out from the original line of thought.

Accordingly and for instance, I therefore suggest changing the subject of some of these posts from "Perfect Pool Bluewolf Style" to "Perfect Posting Bluewolf Style".

Tom

Wally_in_Cincy
05-30-2003, 06:51 AM
You managed to slam just about everybody. Is there anybody here that commands any respect from you oh great, gutless one?

Qtec
05-30-2003, 06:55 AM
Ok, Fred, my mistake. Delete the word ""facts"" and insert ""argument."" Will you now answer the question?

pooltchr
05-30-2003, 06:57 AM
Tap Tap Tap! If you don't like 'em, don't read 'em.

IMHO, based on the number of posts, her time could probably be better spent at the table rather than the keyboard if she really wants to improve. Knowledge is great, but nothing beats practice. She is an S/L 2 in league, but probably an S/L 8 in posting. You get better at the things you spend the most time working on. Where is the majority of her time spent?

Fred Agnir
05-30-2003, 06:59 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote no tact required:</font><hr>

Fred "newly abrasive and personal" Agnir.<hr /></blockquote>Some regular you are. I've been abrasive and personal since I started posting on the internet.

Fred &lt;~~~ veteran abrasive and personal poster who doesn't hide behind a screen name to make a point

bluewolf
05-30-2003, 07:01 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Hopster:</font><hr> I think this girl is a ding dong. Why have the moderators of this board allowed this looney toon to pollute this site with all this garbage? &lt;--Debra

And what the hell have you brought around here thats so interesting ???

You could have did this in a PM with Laura and avoided all this so all youre looking for is attention,period.

You dont like her posts ? Dont read them.
You dont like the board or the way its handled ? Dont come here.

Life is simple, people make things hard.
<hr /></blockquote>

I appreciate everyone's comments.

I cannot discount what anyone says. I can read between the lines. The words 'loony tune,village idiot', etc, mean nothing to me, nor do they have any real impact on me.

I posted too much. That is the bottom line.

Sorry for bothering people with my posts.

Laura

Fred Agnir
05-30-2003, 07:06 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> Ok, Fred, my mistake. Delete the word ""facts"" and insert ""argument."" Will you now answer the question? <hr /></blockquote>I mostly stay out of these type of posts, so please keep me out of it this time.

Fred &lt;~~~ not Ed

DebraLiStarr
05-30-2003, 07:47 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ralph S.:</font><hr>

So, can you tell us again how you have endured her incessant rambling, as you call it, even though you dont have but maybe and I mean maybe, one fourth the time on this board like she and many others here do have? <hr /></blockquote>

I was unable to log in one day and needed to re-register. Unsure why, but unlike some, I don't really care about how many posts I have generated or not generated.

I said something about this because Laura's posts are excessive, repetitive, nonsensical, and to some, time consuming. I've been told to ignore them, but that is impossible. Try it sometime. Many find this entertaining, but if you look at the big picture, its quite sad that she does this. Excusing her behavior because she can't help it, or because she's always "sincere" does not help the situation, mainly because to some of you this is entertaining. I'm sure you would not feel the same if some of the clowns over at Playpool.com stopped by for a visit and did the same thing. I'm pretty sure that situation would get taken care of quickly. I'm not saying she is on their level, but she is equally annoying.

Laura, I am not attacking you. You need to understand that anybody that posts up to 50 times a day - 7 days a week is perceived as excessive compulsive, or extremely lonely. The content and volume of your posts are annoying to me and others, and that might not sound nice, but its true and someone needs to tell you that.

eg8r
05-30-2003, 07:48 AM
Yup, I think Qtec has the name confused.

Well, what do you really think they were, "facts" or arguments. The only argument Debra had, I agree to, and that is Bluewolf posts too much. Do you even understand why I replied originally? Go back and read and see for yourself. I did not dispute the fact that Laura does post, however, I did say that Laura has not attacked anyone.

If you are replying to me, then reply to what I said not what you think I said. If you are in support of what happened, then reply that way. It is too easy to get things confused. I did not think it was necessary to attack another member on the board. I then mentioned it would have been better to just send an email to the mods.

eg8r

eg8r
05-30-2003, 07:50 AM
LOL, Fred I thought the same thing when I read it. I knew though that you would reply just fine. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Fred Agnir
05-30-2003, 09:27 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluewolf:</font><hr> The words 'loony tune,village idiot', etc, mean nothing to me, ...<hr /></blockquote>Well, they sure mean something to me:

Fred's Profile (http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showprofile.php?Cat=&amp;User=Fred%20Agnir&amp;Number=8055 4&amp;Board=ccb&amp;what=showflat&amp;page=0&amp;view=collapsed&amp;sb =5&amp;o=14&amp;fpart=2&amp;vc=1)

HTH,

FA

Kato
05-30-2003, 09:33 AM
Please see my new updated profile. Village Idiot is something I've learned about.

Kato

Popcorn
05-30-2003, 09:39 AM
Check out Debra's home page. Stick with talking about pool Debra. Just so this is pool related, what kind of cue do you play with?
http://profiles.yahoo.com/deathstardxs

Hopster
05-30-2003, 09:57 AM
I posted too much. That is the bottom line.
Sorry for bothering people with my posts. &lt;--Laura

You dont owe anyone an apology for anything. You havent disrespected anyone at any time here so do what you want to do and pay no attention to the two critics. And im using a nice word here for the two of them. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

heater451
05-30-2003, 10:08 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote no tact required:</font><hr> 1) Without her lead-ins and set-ups, Rod, Jake, Popcorn etc wouldn't post half as much. DASPOLIS would have no natural lead in to 2/3 of his verbose, 300 words-paragraph compendiums.<hr /></blockquote>If a discussion progresses, regardless of who/what started it, then it has become it's own 'living' thing. This is neither good nor bad, but may appear so, depending on your perspective. Forum life can be "Live, and Let Live," or as Paul put it, "Live, and Let Die".

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote no tact required:</font><hr> 2) Wally, Ed Newman wouldn't have a natural second banana to play off of. Hey anybody can look sane and normal next to her. She is the proverbial "Village idiot" in a hick town. Most everyone want to kick her, save her (or sermonize to her), or patronize her for their own laughable reasons, from Walloon in hillybillyland to Tom "Bob Jewett wannabe" Suarez to Fred "newly abrasive and personal" Agnir.<hr /></blockquote>Just curious, would a "village idiot" in a non-hick town be different, in your opinion? Futhermore, would there at some point be a "city idiot" instead? (Sorry, that just struck me as funny). . . .As for Wally, Tom (I have an idea to whom you might be referring, since I don't recognize "Suarez"), and Fred. We each bring to the board what and who we are, and you will find that those who stay tend to add more than they detract (assuming there's an issue). None of us are beyond reproach, but we should remember to keep our sense(s) of humor--it's critical.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote no tact required:</font><hr>3) She has learned to navigated the fine line of CCB acceptable posting etiquette, laughable as they are, much like the inimitable Ed "eg8r" Newman - appearing in turns cloying, sarcastic, condescending, or in full out attack modes, depending on the lay of the land and retreating just as they are about to cross the line.<hr /></blockquote>This could be true or not, in regards to the individuals, but this seems to be the nature of "anonymous" human interaction. Or perhaps I should use the term "tele-interaction" (differentiating from "tele-communication" by it's goal--or lack of one). Online forums, chatrooms, those telephone "partylines", and Citizens Band radio all share the same allowance, for people to check their etiquette at the door, should they desire. Of course, there's always the fact that someone who is an ass online will be an ass in person, but I think you will find that most people are 'better' in person. (This is not in the least due to the fact that type-written communication is often mistaken--not wrong, but taken wrongly. . .see, an example in itself. . . .)

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote no tact required:</font><hr>4) Just like aftercaddy's line about "We all get the government that we deserve...", I think it is also a truism that we all get the pool forum that we deserve. Enough regulars here are coddling, even encouraging an attention whore like bw, and she and her likes are certainly contributing to raising the pageview counts here. So no critical mass to discourage ker kind, the board will turn more and more in her directions.

An embarrassed regular<hr /></blockquote>I understand the sentiment, but I believe that we all get the government (and the pool forum) that we allow. However, the standards for a government are, and should be, a LOT higher than those for an online bulletin board. In the case of government, we have a right to vote--not quite the same for the forum. Unfortunately for both areas, we are dependent upon each other to understand all viewpoints, which is nearly as unlikely as to be impossible.

Now, while I am not responding to chastise or criticize you, I can understand where you are coming from, whether I agree with you or not.

And, although I think it's good for you to say what you feel, but if you wish to complain to those who are 'in charge', then you need to go directly to them. On the board itself, taking a side only shows that you've taken a side. If there wasn't enough tolerance in place for a particular person, then they would have already been gone (ex., d0wnt0wn, Fast Larry, and to some extent Patrick).

Remember, you always have the power of choice in your own level of participation.

~~considering applying for "city idiot" position, if it pays enough.
=============================

eg8r
05-30-2003, 10:13 AM
Agreed. Do what you want. It is no one here to say if you are allowed to post a million times a day.

eg8r

eg8r
05-30-2003, 10:25 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote heater451:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote ntr:</font><hr> 2) Wally, Ed Newman wouldn't have a natural second banana to play off of. Hey anybody can look sane and normal next to her. She is the proverbial "Village idiot" in a hick town. Most everyone want to kick her, save her (or sermonize to her), or patronize her for their own laughable reasons, from Walloon in hillybillyland to Tom "Bob Jewett wannabe" Suarez to Fred "newly abrasive and personal" Agnir <hr /></blockquote> As for Wally, Tom (I have an idea to whom you might be referring, since I don't recognize "Suarez"), and Fred. We each bring to the board what and who we are, and you will find that those who stay tend to add more than they detract (assuming there's an issue). None of us are beyond reproach, but we should remember to keep our sense(s) of humor--it's critical. <hr /></blockquote> Awww, heater you forgot me. LOL

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote heater:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote ntr:</font><hr> 3) She has learned to navigated the fine line of CCB acceptable posting etiquette, laughable as they are, much like the inimitable Ed "eg8r" Newman - appearing in turns cloying, sarcastic, condescending, or in full out attack modes, depending on the lay of the land and retreating just as they are about to cross the line. <hr /></blockquote>
Heater, what exactly is anonymous in the example he gave? This could be true or not, in regards to the individuals, but this seems to be the nature of "anonymous" human interaction. <hr /></blockquote> Yep, it could be true, however I conduct myself on the board just as I do in person. "appearing in turns cloying, sarcastic, condescending, or in full out attack modes, depending on the lay of the land and retreating just as they are about to cross the line". I guess I do change depending on the way the thread was headed (but I do not change my stance on the subject, I just change my approach). Sarcastic and condescending are definitely words I have been accused of, however I do not feel I attack. I also, do not remember retreating. There are many times when I will question another member and do not get a reply. If you stay silent that is reply enough, and I let it die. I do not remember a point in which I have been the one to retreat. You can ask the members of the board if I am sarcastic and most will agree. I hide nothing.

eg8r

heater451
05-30-2003, 10:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote heater:</font><hr>This could be true or not, in regards to the individuals, but this seems to be the nature of "anonymous" human interaction. <hr /></blockquote>Heater, what exactly is anonymous in the example he gave? <hr /></blockquote>I wasn't quoting "anonymous" from NTR, I was trying to set it off. As I added afterwards, it's more correct to say "tele-interaction". That is, whether we know each others names is inconsequential, there is still a layer of anonymosity (is that a word?) separating us all on the board. This layer begins to break down, as we meet each other in person, but that may never happen, between those who see themselves opposed online, may never wish to meet. I am reminded of the post by Ken (rackmup), where he informed the board that d0wnt0wn wasn't such a bad guy. . . .

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> Yep, it could be true, however I conduct myself on the board just as I do in person. "appearing in turns cloying, sarcastic, condescending, or in full out attack modes, depending on the lay of the land and retreating just as they are about to cross the line". I guess I do change depending on the way the thread was headed (but I do not change my stance on the subject, I just change my approach). Sarcastic and condescending are definitely words I have been accused of, however I do not feel I attack. I also, do not remember retreating. There are many times when I will question another member and do not get a reply. If you stay silent that is reply enough, and I let it die. I do not remember a point in which I have been the one to retreat. You can ask the members of the board if I am sarcastic and most will agree. I hide nothing.

eg8r<hr /></blockquote>Actually, I don't think I knew that Newman was your last name. I had a better idea w/ "Tom Suarez".

And, I wasn't even thinking of anyone in particular, when talking about the division in on-line and off-line personalities. Some people are nice, some are mixed, and some are not. (Using the term loosely, if you feel that you're in the "ass/ass" category, that's you're perogative. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

===================

eg8r
05-30-2003, 11:07 AM
All is fine, however whether you personally know someone's last name or not, that person is no longer anonymous when the name is given. I personally do not care that my name is shown. I have used this screen name since late 80s early 90s on the BB's (I was already a Gator fan so that is how the name came about, I just ended up going to school there).

eg8r

Fred Agnir
05-30-2003, 11:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote no tact required:</font><hr> Tom "Bob Jewett wannabe" Suarez <hr /></blockquote>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote heater:</font><hr>As for...Tom (I have an idea to whom you might be referring, since I don't recognize "Suarez"), <hr /></blockquote>This struck me as funny from NTR. I think it would strike Tom Suarez funny too. I've been reading Tom's posts for, what, seven or eight years now? (Sad, but true) Not once did I think he was a Jewett-wannabe.

Fred &lt;~~~ Never wants to be Bob either. Sorry, Bob.

Wally_in_Cincy
05-30-2003, 11:41 AM
Well at least "no tact" got the name right this time. Last time he ripped on Tom he called him "Tom Lopez" /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Kato
05-30-2003, 11:47 AM
Tom Suarez. One man that I like making fun of. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Kato

heater451
05-30-2003, 03:20 PM
Just wanted to have a last word. . . .(made you look, too)

/ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

~~normally tries not to post crap like this (at least, not on the "related" board)
=====================

DSAPOLIS
05-30-2003, 04:21 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> Maybe you could do a one on one session with Debra and teach her how to act in public with other adults.
eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

Ed,
Honestly, I would rather jump into a pit of rattle snakes. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

TomBrooklyn
05-31-2003, 12:03 AM
A water bearer in China had two large pots, each hung on the ends of a pole which he carried across his neck. One of the pots had a crack in it while the other pot was perfect and always delivered a full portion of water. At the end of the long walk from the stream to the house, the cracked pot arrived only half full. For a full two years this went on daily, with the bearer delivering only one and a half pots of water to his house.

Of course, the perfect pot was proud of its accomplishments, for which it was made. But the poor cracked pot was ashamed of its own imperfection, and miserable that it was able to accomplish only half of what it had been made to do.

After 2 years of what it perceived to be bitter failure, it spoke to the water bearer one day by the stream, "I am ashamed of myself, because this crack in my side causes me to leak out all the way back to your house."

The bearer said to the pot, "Did you notice that there are flowers on your side of the path, but not on the other pot's side? That's because I have always known about your flaw, so I planted flower seeds on your side of the path, and every day while we walk back, you water them. For two years I have been able to pick these beautiful flowers to decorate the table. Without you being just the way you are, there would not be this beauty to grace the house."

Each of us has our own unique flaws. But it's the cracks and flaws we each have that make our lives together so very interesting and rewarding. You've just got to take each person for what they are and look for the good in them.

bluewolf
05-31-2003, 04:03 AM
Tom,

That was a beautiful post. Thanks for sharing it.

Laura

Qtec
05-31-2003, 04:09 AM
Quote,eg8r [ QUOTE ]
I guess I do change depending on the way the thread was headed (but I do not change my stance on the subject, I just change my approach<hr /></blockquote> If i dont like the question i wont answer it or i will answer it by asking another question and even if i am wrong i wont admit it!!!Q

cheesemouse
05-31-2003, 04:11 AM
Tom,
A very fitting post to a delicate subject....LOL...grasshopper.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

05-31-2003, 06:54 AM
I guess your not interested in sharing your progress to SL7?

05-31-2003, 09:32 AM
Nice post ... thought the cruelty factor was getting high, but didn't want to jump in and say the wrong thing. Well put.

Sid_Vicious
05-31-2003, 10:44 AM
Tap Tap Tap. I said nearly the same thing to a bud at breakfast after bringing up a topic about a less liked soul or two he and I both know, put without the pot ;-) Sorry Sid Vicious couldn't resist. But ya know, if pot wasn't illegal, many people's nature would probably be nicer. I figure to rile up the ultra conservatives with this, and yet I assume several here will also probably agree,,,silently, but agree none the less.

That was a very god story Tom, thanks for sharing it, really. I'm passing this along to someone I know, a true "Flower" of life's watering...sid

Qtec
05-31-2003, 12:53 PM
LEAGALIZE..................Cy.Hill. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

eg8r
05-31-2003, 04:08 PM
Tom, that was a great post.

Thank you,

eg8r

eg8r
05-31-2003, 04:10 PM
Could you offer some examples?

eg8r

rukiddingme
06-01-2003, 03:10 AM
Ms Starr,
Since you seem to be in a "criticising other members posts mode" maybe you might want to know that I find your post crass and offensive. /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif Calling people a ding dong, a looney tune is GARBAGE don't ya think...or do ya think? /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif
I'm just going to assume that you had a bad day/week and that you really are a able to be civil to other human beings but simply
"forgot" to do so in this thread. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
ruk

DebraLiStarr
06-01-2003, 03:36 AM
Mr. rukiddingme,
No, I did not have a bad day or week. I believe I said what many have thought (and kept to themselves) for quite some time. It was not crass or offensive, it was honest, to the point, and painfully accurate. I didn't "forget" to be civil or polite, nor do I see where it was "offensive". I was blunt, and I got my point across. I've seen others use harsher language, and worse names than "Looney Toon" and "Ding-Dong" so give me a break. Everybody has said they didn't like me saying that, yet I haven't heard anyone say that the description didn't fit. Are you so sensitive that the words "looney toon" and "ding dong" actually offended you, or are you just condemning my post so that everybody will think you're a swell guy for criticizing me? Makes me wonder whoiskiddingwho

bigbro6060
06-01-2003, 08:54 AM
Geez i goto Malaysia for a week and come back to this rubbish!

This attack on Laura is totally unacceptable

This isn't a w*nkstain like Patrick or someone controversial like Fast Larry

this is sweet Laura who just wants to learn more about the game ! sure she gets a bit 'enthusiastic' at times but a personal attack was totally uncalled for!

and who the f**k are you Debra ? what the f**k have u contributed to this forum ??

to me you just come accross as a two bit hoe !

as i said before i never start a fire, but f**k with me or a friend of mine and be ready for flame war 101 !

9 Ball Girl
06-01-2003, 12:06 PM
I don't usually *respond* to these kinds of threads unless I read something that really irks me. Bigbro, I like you dude, but the name calling was unnecessary. To call a woman a hoe and you don't know the first thing about her just sets me on fire! Maybe it's 'cause I'm from NY and I don't put up with that kind of $hit, I don't know. Now I understand where you're coming from defending Laura and all, and that is way too cool. However, I've noticed that a majority of the ones that have said that Laura is "sweet" and "innocent" and that she's never done any wrong to anyone here registered after

*Laura, toting herself as the Flame Queen, started one of the biggest Flame Wars in CCB History against someone here that I unfortunately took part in too. Mini flame wars ensued from her part but*

she has improved, and that's good, albeit with 100 posts a day (exaggerating here), but I prefer that Laura than the Flame Queen Laura. Now, I like Debra too. Okay, so she shouldn't have called Laura a Ding Dong, but what Debra posted is nothing new to a whole bunch of us. I've been PMed and have been told in person by several the same thing that Debra posted. It's not the first time someone did.

Wendy&lt;---likes Debra, Laura, and BigBro /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

06-01-2003, 03:18 PM

bigbro6060
06-01-2003, 05:04 PM
9 Ball girl, your cute /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

DebraLiStarr
06-01-2003, 05:39 PM
From bigbro6060 - and who the f**k are you Debra ? what the f**k have u contributed to this forum ??

to me you just come accross as a two bit hoe !

as i said before i never start a fire, but f**k with me or a friend of mine and be ready for flame war 101 !

Okay, you know some bad words and have a gift for being overly dramatic. It doesn't help the fact that you come across as a drunk retard. Perhaps if I was to start posting 50+ posts per day filled with nonsensical rambling, responding to posts just for the sake raising my post count, you'd love me too. What if I responded to every single post on the board three or four times - a day, never saying anything, just rambling and babbling. Would you come at me with your obscenities, or would you defend me in the same manner and tone that you defend Bluewolf? Think about that real hard without hurting yourself, then get back with me, okay?

As far as Bluewolf goes, I have nothing personal against the lady. She posts excessively and everybody knows that. I was told to send a message to the mods, I did, but yet I have recieved no response. That does not surprise me. When I posted something to the suggestion board, I was criticized there as well, and accused of having a "vendetta" against Laura, which I don't. I've been called a "hoe", "white trash" (which is really funny), crass, pissy, bitchy, as well as multiple other descriptors and all I did was merely state the obvious. I don't hide anonymously behind a pseudonym to speak my mind, as several other people have done throughout this thread. Bluewolf stated that she knows that she posted too much, and that she wasn't offended by my remarks. Also, she has refrained from posting 50 times a day, which is great.

Also...yes I do play pool and I shoot with a Viking Cue -

TomBrooklyn
06-01-2003, 06:16 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DebraLiStarr:</font><hr> I was told to send a message to the mods, I did, but yet I have recieved no response.<hr /></blockquote>I hope they don't respond, Debra. I would rather they almost never responded to anyone who asked to have anyone censored or curtailed.

If everyone made a list of who they didn't want to post and sent it to the mods and they honored every request, there would probably be no one left on the board to post, including you and me.

I would rather see people express their views and try to make a convincing argument for them in the open forum rather than seek to have their personal likes, dislikes, prejudices, and opinions enforced by the posting Police, either by open request or by private message to them.

bigbro6060
06-01-2003, 10:38 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DebraLiStarr:</font><hr>

Okay, you know some bad words and have a gift for being overly dramatic. It doesn't help the fact that you come across as a drunk retard.
<hr /></blockquote>

I may be a Drunk retard, but i'm a damm sexy one /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It's your fault Debra, you just drive men to drink /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

rackmup
06-01-2003, 10:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps if I was to start posting 50+ posts per day filled with nonsensical rambling, responding to posts just for the sake raising my post count, you'd love me too. <hr /></blockquote>

I've visited your personal page and this will surely be an unpopular opinion but after looking at your pics, I think I do love you.

Regards,

Ken (call me a hopeless, sappy romantic. Or, simply call me hopeless.)

bluewolf
06-02-2003, 05:31 AM
Post deleted by bluewolf

#### leonard
06-02-2003, 07:17 AM
As the senior member of the board, it was on post 600 when I started and it was on post 150,000 or so when it switch to the new board. If I brag just a little I would match my playing record against anyone who has posted here. This I have found out that just moving to the next post is the only answer. A friend of mine had a saying. I may hate what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Toms beautiful piece made this post worth reading.####

bluewolf
06-02-2003, 08:45 AM
I deleted my post because nothing I say right now pertaining to what has transpired in this thread comes out right and words fail me, I am unable to communicate what I really mean. Also I don't want to be mean.

Sometimes it is better to not defend myself than to retaliate and be meaner to another person than they are to me. It would not be fair to do this.

It is not that i cannot defend myself. It is that I choose not so that I will not be mean or participate in a flame war. I made that mistake before. I learned my lesson. It is better for me to be nice than mean.

Laura

9 Ball Girl
06-02-2003, 09:19 AM
So I'm old and I Can't Remember $hit. All I know is that Debra didn't post anything new and Laura has definitely gotten better. Bygones.

bluewolf
06-02-2003, 12:05 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> So I'm old and I Can't Remember $hit. All I know is that Debra didn't post anything new and Laura has definitely gotten better. Bygones. <hr /></blockquote>
I have given this a good deal of thought:

Everybody has standards. I have to live with myself. Last year I violated my own standards and crossed that line into being what I did not want to be.It does not matter to me who started it. What matters to me is that I was what I did not want to be and do not want to go there again.

That is why I choose not to defend myself so that I will not cross that line again.

Laura

nAz
06-02-2003, 12:17 PM
BW, DStarr (cute girl) and everyone else I like to thank you for this thread its really been a long time since i had a good laugh and this thread has surely provided that laugh, please keep it going just a little longer.
/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

BAHAHAhahahahahahaaaa

Naz~~ My side hurt from laughing

06-22-2003, 11:35 PM
Debra, if you miss the Fast boy so bad, why dont you pass a petition to get him back, then you all can go back to the old days of beatin on him like he wuz a rented mule. wasnt that fun, that waz more fun than the time when you hung that kitten by its tail from the cloths line, but we wont talk about that one, my lips are sealed. Tough to beat up a pool pretty lady like da wolf, is wuz easier to slam and bam dat poor trick shot dude. Ah life wuz simple then, now is complicated.
Alligator Annie,the oldice mons drunk as a skunk and ise gots on da c-pu.

06-23-2003, 12:10 AM
This thread is a classic study of your mob mentality at work, a ho starts a cat fight,you all jump in and on to insure you all embarass her and slam her into the ground.
You do not treat a lady like that, you ignore da ho, you don't encourage da ho. You are all right now just waiting to jump on your next victim. You need to get a life and learn the golden rule, would you like for me to read it to you. The next time you see a flame coming down, remember it, dont jump on the ho's bandwagon, let the slam just die.
Sarah Lee