PDA

View Full Version : Earl and Takahashi...for Nostroke

Wally_in_Cincy
05-24-2003, 09:05 AM
I did not want to extend the already leggy UPA thread.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Nostroke:</font><hr> Were u there Wally? Im not saying your wrong but just wondering if you witnessed it.

<font color="blue">No I was not there. I merely parroted the report as written last July at www.worldpoolchampionship.com (http://www.worldpoolchampionship.com)

Thanks for the eyewitness account. Are you going this year? If so can I hide in your suitcase like those old folks in that TV commercial? /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif </font color>

I was there and neither i nor any of the people i was with saw it go down quite that way although that is the common story. Maybe somehow i/we missed him saying "Be a man".

The way i saw it Earl made a good safe, the crowd applauded but on the way back to his seat he gestured to the crowd by making a "jump motion" indicating that the safe was useless because Takahashi was just going to use his jump cue which he had used earlier. Then he sat down and pointed to his own stick indicating that one should jump with their playing stick or not at all. With this Takahashi slammed his jump cue back in the case, glaring at Earl and clearly rattled. AT THIS POINT, Earl said "oh so your gonna play like a man huh'? Takahashi missed the kick and couldnt make a ball after that.

Basically Takahashi let himself get intimidated by Earl who was still dead out of line as usual with his antics to that point.

I might point out that one or two matches later (the finals) On the opening break Earl made nothing and Bustamente PUSHED OUT TO A JUMP SHOT, which he then made or at least hit USING A JUMP STICK, sending a clear message to Earl that he would not be intimidated. To no avail however as his break was not working that well and he lost anyway.

<hr /></blockquote>

Vagabond
05-24-2003, 09:25 AM
Howdy Folks,
It is a well known fact that Earl does not like to use jump cues.He was instrumental for the ban of jump cue in the pro tournaments when the tour was under the name of MPBA which later changed to PBT(Pro Billiard tour).Every Pro knows about Earl`s position.Cheers
Vagabond /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif <font color="red"> </font color>