PDA

View Full Version : Predator Break cue or just a shaft for my old Hueb

05-24-2003, 01:42 PM
I am curios as to if the butt on the predator break cue will make that much of a diffrence when being used? I recently purchased a 314 Shaft for my old Huebler and I am planning on using that for my break cue.

Do you think I made an ok decision, or should I have just bought the Predator Break cue?

bluewolf
05-25-2003, 06:35 AM
My husband apa 7 thinks the predator bk is really a good break stick, better than a regular break stick.

We initially bought it for me but he is the one who uses it because I cant tell the difference between it and my pred sneaky pete. I have a blackheart too and it also breaks good.

Personally, I think it is technigue. I dont have much experience but my break is pretty good now and it just seems to me to be more technique than the stick I am using.

For a woman, I break pretty good. The balls split and go all over the table in 8 ball, in 9 ball 1-2 balls drop.

I break mostly with a sneaky pete which has a soft moori tip to get the above results.

So is it hype in the case of the BK or is it, in my case lack of expereince? I really don't know?

Laura

cheesemouse
05-25-2003, 06:37 AM
Nice&Steady,
While I'm confident Predator has built in some improvements into their break stick just having the 314 on your break log will improve your break. After you get the feel with your 314 and crush a 100 racks with it other normal shafted break sticks will feel like balsa wood....LOL

Fred Agnir
05-25-2003, 07:22 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote NiceandSteady:</font><hr> I am curios as to if the butt on the predator break cue will make that much of a diffrence when being used? I recently purchased a 314 Shaft for my old Huebler and I am planning on using that for my break cue.

Do you think I made an ok decision, or should I have just bought the Predator Break cue?
<hr /></blockquote>
The Predator BK Cue, though it uses a 314 shaft, the BK 314 shaft is tapered differently. It's tapered stiffer, and the tip diameter is a shade larger. The tip itself is a very hard layered tip, as opposed to the LePRo that comes standard on a regular 314 shaft.

The BK butt is weight-balanced farther back than most other playing cues. There are good theories on this, mostly that the weight at the grip hand tend to reduce the tendency to waggle your stroke.

Fred

05-25-2003, 09:27 AM
I've been playing about 1 year and I break pretty good too.

griffith_d
05-25-2003, 09:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote NiceandSteady:</font><hr> I am curios as to if the butt on the predator break cue will make that much of a diffrence when being used? I recently purchased a 314 Shaft for my old Huebler and I am planning on using that for my break cue.

<hr /></blockquote>

I have had both situations,...I bought the Pred BK(now sold) and then got the 314 for my Meucci,..now my breaking cue.

The BK does break better than the current combo, but not much. Actually, I broke well with Red Dot,...but for a dedicated break cue,...the BK will give you the edge,...as could a lot of break cues, most of them more expensive.

For $300, the BK is a bargain and you get the 314 too.

You did not go wrong, but if you are going to by another cue to play with,...I would say you should have got the BK.

Griff

dooziexx
05-25-2003, 10:49 AM

<hr /></blockquote>

If you are interested in buying a Preadator break cue, I can get you a brand new one for cheap. Contact me at doziexx@yahoo.com if you are interested. Thanks.

bluewolf
05-25-2003, 12:57 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote YappingWolf:</font><hr> I've been playing about 1 year and I break pretty good too. <hr /></blockquote>

My breaking is way better than my potting.

ceebee
05-26-2003, 09:53 AM
the Predator Cue folks were kind enough to give us a Predator Break Cue, for customers to try our product. Very seldom does a player NOT compliment this Break Cue made by the Predator Cue Co.

I used to have a Huebler Break/Jump Cue, then I designed an amazing JUMP CUE, so I sold it. The Predator BK came along &amp; I gladly use it. It is a fantastic piece of equipment for the use intended. If it didn't have a different radius on the tip, it would be fairly good for playing too.

Personally, I don't feel that the butt of any cue can do anything, but add a good balance to the assembled Cue. All the fancy stuff is there for our vanity. But as previously stated, the shaft on the Predator BK might offer different characteristics.

Good Luck with your Break shot... cb

05-26-2003, 05:39 PM
All in all in doesnt sound like I made to bad of a decision considering I did save 200 bucks and I will have an extra cue if I lose a tip or something.

Thanks for the info everyone.

Fred Agnir
05-27-2003, 06:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ceebee:</font><hr> If it didn't have a different radius on the tip, it would be fairly good for playing too.<hr /></blockquote>Mine was brand new and had a decent curvature to it. Are you saying you flatten yours?

I played a couple of tournaments with mine, and won one of them. I also saw at VF and Vegas several people shooting with the BK.

Fred