PDA

View Full Version : ebay verses store cases

snook
05-25-2003, 03:54 PM
seeing as how i kind of won my first good money in the pool hall the other night (around 150) im looking at buying a new case instead of the suitcase i use now. i can either buy this case

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3610194188&category=21 211

this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3609319486&category=21 211

or a guissippe (sp?) from a local store for 230. i think i would be happy with any of these cases, i'm just curious what you all think of actually buying a case of ebay and which would be safer.

thanks for reading and sorry for all the links.

05-25-2003, 08:01 PM
MY WIFE WON AN AUCTION LAST JAN 2002 ON E-BAY, SHE BOUGHT ME A VERY BEAUTIFUL LUCASI 2015 CUE(new), FOR THE FRACTION OF WHAT A NEW ONE IN ANY STORE ON-LINE SELLS THEM FOR AND SHE BUYS DIFFERENT STUFF OFF OF E-BAY ALL THE TIME, NEVER A PROBLEM..
I RAN OUT AND BOUGHT A NEW BENTLY 2X2 LEATHER CASE FOR THE LUCASI AND MY OLD BREAK CUE..AND I HAVE ALWAYS HAD TO POUND THE LUCASI DOWN IN THE CASE TO GET IT CLOSED..(didn't tell me this in the store) I BELIEVE IT IS CAUSED BY THE JOINT PROTECTORS...AFTER A YEAR OF TRYING TO PLAY WITH THE LUCASI..I HAVE COME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT IT IS WORTHLESS AS A PLAYING CUE..
SO.I BOUGHT A SCHON cx-03 AND WITH THE STANDARD JOINT CAP THAT COMES ON IT THERE IS NO WAY TO EVEN THINK ABOUT CLOSING THE BENTLY 2X2.. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif I HAD ACTUALLY TRADED MY 2X2 guissippe TO GET THIS NEW BENTLY /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif..
I HAVE HAD SEVERAL CUE CASES SINCE 1993 AND HAVE ALWAYS LIKED THE JOE PORPER SQUARE CASE /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif I CURRENTLY USE A 4X4 JUST SO I CAN SHOW THAT LUCASI OFF..ONCE IN A WHILE, IT IS BEAUTIFUL...

ceebee
05-26-2003, 09:29 AM
I have purchased dozens of Cues & several cases off eBay. The only returned items were two (2) Bentley Cue Cases. Poor assembly quality was the reason (the base of the Case was falling out) & the gentleman that purchased it was pretty fussy about his equipment, so I know he didn't create the problem.

I prefer the Instroke Case, the leather has a better feel which is probably from a better tanning process. I believe the holes for the Butt & Shaft are larger too. The Instrokes Cases are also very stylish.

My experience with the Lucasi Cue was this... I had the taper modified & then it played well. The Lucasi is a good starter Cue that looks nice. For the price paid on ebay, the Lucasi is a great Break Cue, right off the shelf.