PDA

View Full Version : Texas better get on the ball...

nAz
05-25-2003, 04:35 PM
Utahs got you beat with their Firing-Squad Executions

Ready Aim Fire! (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20030522/ap_on_re_us/firing_squad_executions_6)

eg8r
05-25-2003, 04:52 PM
Wow, the inmates get a choice. LOL. Well I surely would not be crazy enough to choose firing squad.

eg8r

nAz
05-25-2003, 04:55 PM
why not? it only burns for a few seconds /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I think I would like the guillotine, or better yet a heroine over dose /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

TomBrooklyn
05-25-2003, 06:08 PM
If I had to be executed, I think I would rather do it standing on my feet, with my shoes on, definately without a blindfold, and with my hands not shackled if it would be allowed. Live like a man. Die like a man.

To some people, it is more cruel and unusual to be treated like a wossie.

rackmup
05-25-2003, 06:51 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote TomBrooklyn:</font><hr>Live like a man. Die like a man.

<hr /></blockquote>

If you did something...committed a crime like murder for instance, as in this case, I'm sorry to say they were not "living like a man."

Instead, they chose to live like animals so if it is their choice, let them die like one too.

Regards,

Ken (they should pin the target over their genitals.)

eg8r
05-26-2003, 12:07 AM
Nope. I would not choose getting shot. That is insane. Only a fool would ask for such a death, but look who we are talking about. I really don't think they should get a choice. If we know beyond a shadow of a doubt they are guilty, then we should remove them the same way the chose for their victim.

For myself, I want the least pain.

eg8r

rackmup
05-26-2003, 05:56 AM
They should get the "Death Row Punishment Buffet":

Seat them in an electric chair with a noose around their necks. Next, administer a lethal injection. Just as the injection starts to hit 'em, hit the switch and give 'em the juice. Now pull open the gallows door and let 'em drop. While they're dangling there, let the firing squad loose.

If they're still kicking, lop off their heads with an axe.

This should be standard fare for rapists and child molesters.

Regards,

Ken (the Marksman with the most rounds in the condemned wins a large stuffed teddy bear)

nAz
05-26-2003, 07:32 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote rackmup:</font><hr> They should get the "Death Row Punishment Buffet":

Seat them in an electric chair with a noose around their necks. Next, administer a lethal injection. Just as the injection starts to hit 'em, hit the switch and give 'em the juice. Now pull open the gallows door and let 'em drop. While they're dangling there, let the firing squad loose.

If they're still kicking, lop off their heads with an axe.

This should be standard fare for rapists and child molesters.

Regards,

Ken (the Marksman with the most rounds in the condemned wins a large stuffed teddy bear) <hr /></blockquote>

LOL you Sadist /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hopster
05-27-2003, 01:42 PM
Firing squad aint a bad way to go. Its quick and you never know what hit you. Theyre using high power rifles, its like shock and boom, done.
I remember hearing somewhere a while ago that only one guy had a live round in the gun, the rest had blanks. They were all good shots and they were only shooting at 25 yards or so, cake shot. So no one knew who the shooter was, except the guy who lets off the live round and he only knows after its done.
Anyone else ever hear this before ?

WaltVA
05-27-2003, 02:19 PM
Hopster - I always heard that everybody had live rounds except for one rifle loaded with a blank - the idea was that each firing squad member could think that he had drawn the blank-loaded rifle and was not responible for the death. Of course, anybody familiar with firearms would know the difference in recoil from a blank.

IIRC, Utah used to use Winchester Model 71's in .348 Win. caliber. That would definitely be "shock, boom, and done."

Walt in VA

Rod
05-27-2003, 02:20 PM
I thought it was only one live round. I imagine the guy that made the fatal shot would know. but what do I know

Rod
05-27-2003, 02:36 PM
One site said there is no standard by firing squad, could be one or more blanks.

This site tells how Gilmore died. firing squad and costs of execution, LOL (http://www.thecrimeweb.com/death_row.htm)

Hopster
05-27-2003, 03:26 PM
Walt-- youre probably right and i had it backwards. And a Win .348 would be Way more than adequate.lol
I did a lot of bench shooting and reloading till about a year ago, now i stick mainly to handgun shooting. I burned out on all the different work i was doing. It was getting to be i had to be a scientist what with all the loads and the different brass i was working on.
A bench rester will know what i mean. Too much work.

Hopster
05-27-2003, 03:28 PM
Rod, thats what i was originally thinking of was Gilmore. I had it backwards.

Aboo
05-27-2003, 04:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hurry up you Hoosier bastard, I could hang a dozen men while you're fooling around - Carl Panzram - Hanged September 5, 1930. <hr /></blockquote>

LOLOL

Hopster
05-27-2003, 04:44 PM
Naz, the guy Troy Kell who is scheduled to die, they had it on video on HBO of him stabbing that guy 67 times or whatever it was. It was on not too long ago, gruesome stuff. They pretty much showed the whole attack. I think he also killed somebody here in Vegas.

JPB
05-27-2003, 05:41 PM
"I think I would like the guillotine, or better yet a heroine over dose"

Yes, a heroine overdose could be interesting. It would not be painless like a heroin overdose, but it would be interesting and you might go out like a man. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

My understanding is that Utah allows the firing squad because of some Mormon belief or another. So when you get religious irrationality meeting the criminal mind, whacked out stuff will happen. Not totally sure on the religious thing, but I'm pretty sure it has to do with blood atonement.

nAz
05-27-2003, 07:16 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Hopster:</font><hr> Naz, the guy Troy Kell who is scheduled to die, they had it on video on HBO of him stabbing that guy 67 times or whatever it was. It was on not too long ago, gruesome stuff. They pretty much showed the whole attack. I think he also killed somebody here in Vegas. <hr /></blockquote>

Wow I missed that. 67 times sick bastard, when will they repeat that i wanna see it.

nAz
05-27-2003, 07:18 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Aboo:</font><hr>
Hurry up you Hoosier bastard, I could hang a dozen men while you're fooling around - Carl Panzram - Hanged September 5, 1930. <hr /></blockquote>

LOLOL <hr /></blockquote>

I concur Bahahahaha

nAz
05-27-2003, 07:18 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote JPB:</font><hr>

"I think I would like the guillotine, or better yet a heroine over dose"

Yes, a heroine overdose could be interesting. It would not be painless like a heroin overdose, but it would be interesting and you might go out like a man. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

My understanding is that Utah allows the firing squad because of some Mormon belief or another. So when you get religious irrationality meeting the criminal mind, whacked out stuff will happen. Not totally sure on the religious thing, but I'm pretty sure it has to do with blood atonement. <hr /></blockquote>

JPB your the only one that got that /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Hopster
05-27-2003, 07:27 PM
Wow I missed that. 67 times sick bastard, when will they repeat that i wanna see it. &lt;--Naz

Hbo usually runs it once a month, something about prisons, i forget the name. If i see it i will pm you.
Guy will hopefully get what he deserves the end of june. They interviewed the black guys brother who was killed. It was sad. The guy was in for theft or something and this guy did that to him for practically nothing. White power crap or something.

nAz
05-27-2003, 07:29 PM
Thanks Hop. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

nAz
05-27-2003, 07:33 PM
read this at this site: http://www.angelfire.com/ca6/frenchrevolution89/guillotine.html ouch

A Heady Business
When the executioner's assistant slapped Charlotte Corday's head after her guillotining, the crowd swore they saw her blush.
Antoine Lavoisier, the famous chemist, had a friend record the times he blinked after he was beheaded-the friend recorded 11.
It is true that for a few seconds if the head is not properly shaken, blood remains going to the brain the person is still alive after they have been guillotined. This was one of the reasons why the death penalty was abolished in France.

SPetty
05-27-2003, 07:38 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> JPB you're the only one that got that /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif <hr /></blockquote>Oh, others got it - they just didn't comment on it... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

nAz
05-27-2003, 07:43 PM
Spetty why don't you go and shot pool in your gorgeous in house pool table /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Naz~~ not jealous of Spetty just wanna put my head in a guillotine. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

eg8r
05-27-2003, 08:00 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Naz:</font><hr> Wow I missed that. 67 times sick bastard, when will they repeat that i wanna see it. <hr /></blockquote>

Ummm. Psycho!!!!!!

eg8r

Hopster
05-27-2003, 08:33 PM
It is true that for a few seconds if the head is not properly shaken, blood remains going to the brain the person is still alive after they have been guillotined. This was one of the reasons why the death penalty was abolished in France.

This is what they should do to Chirac.

WaltVA
05-27-2003, 10:15 PM
Know what you mean - I've run the gamut from smallbore thru bigbore target to varmint calibers to blackpowder to handguns - now I just reload for a few handgun calibers, mainly .45 and .44 Mag.and .38/.357 reduced loads for plinking. Superaccurate rifle loads are WAY too much like work.

Walt in VA

Hopster
05-27-2003, 11:12 PM
Superaccurate rifle loads are WAY too much like work. &lt;--Walt

You know it !! My buddy who is still shooting rifle three times a week is constantly busting my chops to get back on the line with him. I told him, im too burned out from just all the work on the brass alone. Never mind the rest, just working on the brass made me nuts. Then the constant cleaning after 10 rounds, first the hoppes, then the sweets, then the hoppes again. I felt like a mad scientist.
Naaaaaaaa, im like you now. 38/357. 9mm, .22 I shoot at different sized steel targets and have a few steel spinners.
Theres a guy out here who is a shooter and a great welder so he puts these things together and is reasonably priced. That and the old paper target stand. lol
I got an old 6.5 x 55 swede thats from 1943, you wouldnt beleive what i did to it or what i went thru with it. But when i was done, this thing puts 5 shots in a dime sized hole at 100 yds, my gunsmith didnt beleive the target that i showed him was shot by that gun. lol
Btw- i still reload on a single stage RCBS rockchuker, im too cheap to go for a dillon. One of these days though. lol

05-28-2003, 01:53 AM

This gruesome interlude of not realizing you are actually dead is frequently extended for several decades in New York, which is one of the reasons why the penalty of having to show up at work, or at least pay taxes, should be abolished.