PDA

View Full Version : Gerda/Wooden Rack

slim
05-26-2003, 08:44 PM
I am glad to see the women are going to use the "triangle", as I once heard one the the top "3" women in the world say, "all the rule books say to rack the headball on the spot" now what part of "RULES" do the manufacturers not understand. Thank god the NFL doesn't spot the kickoff ball in a different spot. Maybe the LPGA should tee off from the back tees because "hale mary" has a new "Womens" only driver. Manufacturers, leave well enough alone.
Slim /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Slim

JDB
05-27-2003, 12:18 AM
The NFL did change the kickoff spot within the last few years. They are now kicking off from the 30 yard line instead of the 35.

Rules change with technology or advancements in athletes... That is not necessarily bad.

qSHAFT
05-28-2003, 03:06 AM
I don't understand how it was the manuafactures that were responsible for moving the racking spot.

I think the problem was with the rules, which basically said that the one goes on the spot and all the balls in the rack must be touching their neighbouring balls.

The problem was when they wrote them they didn't realise that if they were actually implemented then 80% of the time the wing balls would pot on the break.

The problem is that they really don't want all the neibouring balls to be touching, just very close to it. You can't really impelement that as a rule though (when is a gap too big?).

The manufacturer merely created the mechanism that allowed a legal rack under the rules, and the rules were revealed as faulty in tourneys. So they changed them. I don't think it is fair to blame the manufacturers for that.

Please do not see this as a pro-sardo post as it is not, just an observation. I am fundamentally against the sardo becasue of the divots. If they could make a perfect rack with out the divots then I might reconsider.

10 Ball: "the only true answer" - qSHAFT.