PDA

View Full Version : Focus - Just an Idea

Bassn7
05-27-2003, 02:59 PM
A friend of mine asked me why I never get "shook", and how he can apply my method to his dart game. I said, "The only reason you get nervous is because you have a concern for winning or losing. I play pool with NO concern over the outcome. I play to look and feel mechanically perfect with a high paced rhythm. The game outcome means nothing, but my FORM means everything." Just a thought. Play to be awesome on the shot you are on . . . and the opponents will just keep racking.

Wally_in_Cincy
05-28-2003, 06:07 AM
Interesting thought. All you have to do is completely overcome human nature to achieve it. Easier said than done.

bluewolf
05-28-2003, 06:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Bassn7:</font><hr> A friend of mine asked me why I never get "shook", and how he can apply my method to his dart game. I said, "The only reason you get nervous is because you have a concern for winning or losing. I play pool with NO concern over the outcome. I play to look and feel mechanically perfect with a high paced rhythm. The game outcome means nothing, but my FORM means everything." Just a thought. Play to be awesome on the shot you are on . . . and the opponents will just keep racking. <hr /></blockquote>

I used to worry about winning and losing and was a nervous wreck and lost almost all my matches, the first 10. Then something clicked and winning or losing was not important anymore. Just playing my best. I also did not think much about the shot, just strategy and the table, when I was standing. When down on the shot, I was not thinking except just seeing the angle line. Past games won or lost became unimportant and so I did not fold or feel the pressure anymore.

So i guess that is about the same.

Laura

Sid_Vicious
05-28-2003, 06:34 AM
"All you have to do is completely overcome human nature to achieve it"

You got that right! sid