PDA

View Full Version : Predator Shafts

L.S. Dennis
05-28-2003, 08:11 AM
I've been surfing around looking for the best prices on predator shafts. The best I've come up with so far is $201.00 for the predator shafr with a moori tip shipping included. Anyone know of anything better?

Predator314
05-28-2003, 08:26 AM
That's about as good as it gets with a Moori. I recommend Seybert's (http://www.seyberts.com). I think they run $192 plus the cost of a Moori. They do a great job on the tips, plus they have awesome service.

WaltVA
05-28-2003, 08:28 AM
That sounds about like the www.billiardsexpress.com (http://www.billiardsexpress.com) price - Shaft is $176 + 25.50 for the moori tip w/free shipping over $200 and a 5% disount for APA members.

Walt in VA

05-28-2003, 08:39 AM
$176 with the stock LePro tip WAS the standard price just about everywhere. However, given the shortage of Predator's right now, some vendors are going up on the prices. I've seen prices raised to $200 and up at some places.

I've had a Predator shaft on backorder at Mueller's now for a few weeks, and was told I *might* get it in June, but no promises. I've been contacting other vendors to see if they had stock, and so far none do. I have seen a few supposedly new 314's on eBay, but they're $200+. Supply & demand, and all that...

I did get a reply on Friday from another big vendor who said they still had a few left but they were going fast. He was going to check for stock for me -- if they had it he said they would honor the discounted price I got at Mueller's ($149 after 15% discount), but I haven't heard back from them yet. Not holding my breath...

TheChump
05-28-2003, 12:22 PM
Anything is better than a Predator Shaft! I just cannot comprehend how some people have fallen for this type of hype crappy product. It is all mental you guys! How in the hell can 10 pieces of bull$[censored] 3rd class maple be such a freaking hot item!

...And that stupid story of Predator shafts being scarce, what a freaking cone head! Predator just wanted to jack up the price of that $hitty piece of junk, and have held the shafts in back-order to all dealers, creating an artificial shortage of the junky product!

I know that all those stupid posters who believe in this $hit will give their "testimonials" on how Predator's have done this, that, improve their game so much that they are winning 99 percent more games and have even beaten Efren Reyes, Earl Strickland, and whatever bunch of stupid stories they could come up with. What a bunch of Hogwash! Anyone spending $200 for a crappy Predator should have their freaking head examined!

Predators are for stupid people......

Anyone willing to put some money on the line? You can play with whatever Predator piece of junk you want. I will play you with a broomstick. One handed, and with a patch over any freaking eye you may want. Once you lose, your Predator cue is mine for me to use as firewood.

smfsrca
05-28-2003, 12:55 PM
Well, there you have it. Man, have I been a chump. The Predator protectors have had me convinced. Now, you've shown me the light. I'm not stupid. I'm going to go burn my Predators, NOW!!! I'm going to get a couple of broomsticks and an eye patch. Can you recommend a brand?

pooljunkie73
05-28-2003, 12:59 PM
who went pee in your cornflakes,chump? /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

DLB
05-28-2003, 02:21 PM
I know this is not the forum to sell something and I apologize now, but based on the seemingly lack of supply, if any one is interested I have a Predator 314 shaft in excellent condition that I will sell. Probably only 15+ hours playing time. No dings, looks new. I never liked it and just donít use it. Fits a Pechauer (piloted 5/16-14 joint) cue and has the silver ring around the joint and a Le Pro tip. Also includes maple joint protector. $150 plus you pay shipping and insurance. This is not a second. I purchased direct from Predator at $220 plus shipping. Email me if interested.

05-28-2003, 02:42 PM
Fast Larry ring a bell with you, Chump? /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

cheesemouse
05-28-2003, 02:49 PM
Chump,

Nice second post. Your ignorance proceeds you I'm sure.......LOL...I'll take you up on that bet and don't forget the wheel barrel full of money.....LoL... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ward
05-28-2003, 03:49 PM
Chump

I have used Predator shafts for a few years and I love them... If you don't like them, don't use them. I don't think I solicited (sp) your opinion before I purchased them and I really don't want it now...

Later

Later

Later

TheChump
05-28-2003, 07:04 PM
Wheaties, not cornflakes.

TheChump
05-28-2003, 07:07 PM
He couldn't hack it and left for someplace else. So now I'm the reigning Champ, I mean Chump! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

TheChump
05-28-2003, 07:15 PM
Did you feel aluded and had to make such a pitty post?

Or is this one of those post to jack up your numbers so you can qualify for the next CCB Tourny?

Ward
05-29-2003, 05:57 AM
Chump

If you want to woof long distance go to playpool...

Later

jjinfla
05-29-2003, 07:45 AM
I bought a Pred over a year ago and have come to believe that it is not the shaft but the tip and the player. I have since switched to LePro tips (very inexpensive too). I purchased the 314 from a local dealer for 20 bucks more than I could have bought it over the internet just to help the local guy out. One thing to keep in mind if you do buy the shaft is that there is no guarantee that the joints will be the same diameter. My 314 joint has a noticeable smaller diameter than my butt joint. That not only detracts from the look of the stick but I have found that I have actually caught the edge of the butt on the pool table when I stroke. But if I was to do it over, I would try a LePro tip before I would spend the money on a 314. I get a LePro tip installed for only $10. Jake~~~often feel like a chump/sucker when I am sitting in the chair and I feel the bump in the stick. A $200 chump.

Deeman
05-29-2003, 01:12 PM
Chump,

How come anyone who offers to play me with a broomstick never gives his location or let's us set up a match? I don't use, but do have a Predator shaft, and will play you if you like. Just step up and let us know where to find you, Chump.

TheChump
05-31-2003, 08:09 AM
Isn't this fun?...the way people take challenges so seriously that they want to prove to the world that they are the best?

Deeman, you really wouldn't want to play me. You wouldn't have a chance.....and it was a joke, about me playing with the broomstick, one handed, and with the patch in an eye. For a true challenge, I would not give you or anyone else that much weight. I just like to demolish people's game, ego's, pride, whatever you may call it. I'm just having some fun in this board.

....and about the Predator products. What trully bother's me is the campaigning by Predator that they have a remarkable product, making people believe that their shafts are so much superior than anything else in the market. Then maybe is not just that. It's the high markup for the product. Maybe if their shafts would be sold for what the are truly valued at (no more than $100.00), people could then try their product to find out for themselves if it has such remarkable properties as claimed. Why would you want to pay $2.00 for a 50 cents Bic pen?

Deeman
05-31-2003, 08:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote TheChump:</font><hr>
Deeman, you really wouldn't want to play me. You wouldn't have a chance.....and it was a joke, about me playing with the broomstick, one handed, and with the patch in an eye. For a true challenge, I would not give you or anyone else that much weight. I just like to demolish people's game, ego's, pride, whatever you may call it. I'm just having some fun in this board.

....and about the Predator products. What trully bother's me is the campaigning by Predator that they have a remarkable product, making people believe that their shafts are so much superior than anything else in the market. Then maybe is not just that. It's the high markup for the product. Maybe if their shafts would be sold for what the are truly valued at (no more than $100.00), people could then try their product to find out for themselves if it has such remarkable properties as claimed. Why would you want to pay $2.00 for a 50 cents Bic pen?

<hr /></blockquote>

Chump,

Well, I guess we never will find out, will we? Don't offer to play strangers when you A) Don't know their game, B) Are not willing to step up, C) Hide behind an appropriate nickname.

As far a Predator shafts. I don't think they are the best thing since sliced bread either. However, they certainly have been successful at marketing. If you think about it, how many of the products we buy really are what they are hyped to be? Not many....as most of us are not the pool players we think or hope to be as well.

If all products were exactly as they claimed, everyone on this board would be running racks. If all manufacturers who made money of the strength of exagerated claims were held to strict guidelines, we might all be in jail. If all people who offered to play anyone on this board as often as they wolf, a lot of Chumps would be broke.

A lot people pay $2.00 for that 50 cent Bic pen...

L.S. Dennis
05-31-2003, 10:15 AM
I've pretty much given up on the idea of a predator shaft for now. I contacted Meuellers and was told not only that I would have to send them my butt to have it matched to the shaft but they're also back-ordered through the end of July.

That ended any thoughts of getting one for the moment. Can these things be that scarce? I did read an interview with Johnny Archer in which he said that he wasn't planning to go with one either anytime soon. I guess I'm in good company!

05-31-2003, 10:32 AM
L.S., I'm in the same boat with Mueller's. I've had a 5/16x18 Predator on backorder for about a month now. They tell me *maybe* I'll get mine in June. I'm not holding my breath...

As of last week, Billiard Fanatic had a few 314's left in stock, but they were going fast. In an e-mail from them last week, they said they would check stock and if they still had one, they would even honor the 15% discount I got from Mueller's (bringing the price down to $149). Unfortunately, I haven't heard back from them, so it's kinda doubtful that they managed to scrounge one up for me.

Figures, I put off trying a 314 for all this time, then when I finally do go for it, this shortage crops up. I truly hope it's not an intentional shortage on Predator's part to drive up the price, as Chump so eloquently accused them. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Nightstalker
05-31-2003, 10:54 AM
Companies have done worse to make extra money. With the economy the way it is, if they are doing what it is rumored it would not come as a surprise to me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

TheChump
05-31-2003, 05:35 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman:</font><hr>

Well, I guess we never will find out, will we? Don't offer to play strangers when you A) Don't know their game, B) Are not willing to step up, C) Hide behind an appropriate nickname.

<hr /></blockquote>

Dear Mr. Vice-President of Engineering:

Let's continue racking up them posts for you...

1). Don't you think Chumps keep making the same mistakes of playing people below and above their own abilities; so why should I know your game?, 2). Does anyone know if "TheChump" is really going to step-up or not? I could be one of more than a thousand Champs in this Globe for all you know.., 3). Does nicknames or real names make any differences? I could be Joe Blow, Joe Cool, Big John, Little John, a recognized pool player, or a "who the hell knows" player. I just elected to be called "The Chump" to keep my identity private, and to read some of those hilarious replies involving my CCBoard name.

Chump...having a ball....