PDA

View Full Version : How often do you play?

Yuppie
05-28-2003, 10:16 AM
I can't say that I've seen anyone ask this yet. # of hours/days a week, etc.

If money permits, I'll play 5 hours a day 3 - 5 days a week.

I don't gamble, so pool DOES NOT pay for itself. SUCK!

Predator314
05-28-2003, 10:25 AM
I pay $35/year for Moose Dues that allows me to shoot on 6 4x8 Bruswick Centurions covered with Simonis 860. During the colder months, I will shoot there about 4-5 days a week for a couple hours a night. During the warmer weather, maybe 1-2 times a week. This is my practice area.

I also shoot in tournaments at some of the local (and not so local) pool halls.

During the winter, I would say I shoot 12-15 hours/week. During the summer, I spend most of that time on the golf course.

travellerdl2
05-28-2003, 10:59 AM
I play at our lodge 2 to 4 hours aday. It costs $1 per hour using the honor system. Great deal. The only deal that I've ever heard of that's better is Rackmup's 40 bucks a month. We also have three tounaments a week to keep us tough!! Haha, I don't know if it's working or not.
Mark, Headed for Lynchbug next week.

Fred Agnir
05-28-2003, 11:03 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote travellerdl2:</font><hr> I play at our lodge 2 to 4 hours aday. It costs $1 per hour using the honor system. Great deal. The only deal that I've ever heard of that's better is Rackmup's 40 bucks a month. <hr /></blockquote>I'm a member of the local Eagles. We have two 9' Olhausen Pros, re-covered yearly with Simonis. Other than my yearly dues ($20), I pay nothing.

Of course, since I have my own table...

Fred

pooldaddy9
05-28-2003, 11:11 AM
I play 3 hours on Tues. 3-4 hours on sat. and 4-5 hours on sun. Not nearly as much as I would like.

Aboo
05-28-2003, 11:24 AM
On a perfect week...
On my crappy bar table with tiny pockets at home.
1hr a day drills
30min - 1hr play time.

Wed.
2-3 hrs at the pool hall on 9 footers or the bar boxes, depends on who's there and who's playing.

Thurs.
5-7hrs on the bar boxes.

Sundays.
7pm - midnight is free pool at one of the local halls, so I usually play there. If I get there early enough it's a 9 footer, if not it's a bar box.

Kato
05-28-2003, 11:34 AM
Somewhere between 3 and 10 hours per week. I need about 25 hours per week to play decently.

Kato

Rod
05-28-2003, 11:35 AM
Once in a while, LOL nothing I deem as regular

MarkUrsel
05-28-2003, 01:40 PM
Simple answer. Not enough!

During the fall/winter/spring I'll play two league nights a week and tournaments about once every three weeks. With other practice nights and weekends thrown in, probably average about 10-12 hours a week. Like I said, not enough!

In the summer, I hardly play at all. By the time the fall league rolls around, I'm very eager to play again and have my head screwed on straight for the season.

pooltchr
05-28-2003, 01:42 PM
Since I own a pro shop in a room, I play just about every night. League is 4 nights a week, tournaments usually twice a week, and an awful lot of pick-up games. (everybody wants to try me)
Table time is free.

Brent
05-28-2003, 01:56 PM
Well earlier this year and in the autumn I used to play about 4 times a week, but now I can only afford 2 times a week /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

05-28-2003, 03:01 PM
For last few months, I've been playing maybe 3-4 hours a day, 4-5 days a week. But at $4/hr to $5.25/hr for day rates at 2 halls I frequent, I must be dropping nearly $100 a week!?! Need to find my speed and win some money fast, it looks like. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Still, I'm almost dreading that this lousy Seattle-type weather we've had for past few months is going to clear and I'll start feeling guilty about not playing tennis. Nothing like seeing a lousy forecast on my day off and plunking down $22 for the all-day special.

UWPoolGod
05-28-2003, 03:04 PM
I go pretty much 2 to 3 times a week to the pool hall, and also play in tourneys on 2 or 3 other days of the week. Usually only playing at the poolhall for 2 hours unless I am playing seriously.

dg-in-centralpa
05-28-2003, 03:24 PM
Fall,winter, and early spring I try to practice 1/2 hour to an hour a day. Late spring and summer not as much as I'd like to, because that is my busy season at work. I have Tuesday and Thursday league nights in the fall/winter and Thursday in the summer for an inhouse league. Although I have a bar box, I don't get to my local ph as much as I want.

Tom_In_Cincy
05-28-2003, 03:31 PM
Not as often as I would like (everyday 4-6 hours)
Not as often as I need to (everyday 8+hours) to get to then next level.

I average around 14 hours a week, with some weeks being more like 20 hours. AND I still want to play more.

Two tournaments a week on average. At least 3 matchup games a week. Between the two events, I usually have my pool time paid for.

OnePocketChamp
05-28-2003, 03:54 PM
I play leagues on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday nights all on 4x8's, I usually play one pocket on Friday nights and for about 8 to 19 hours on Saturdays. I guess I'am putting in around 25 to 30 hours aweek.

bluewolf
05-28-2003, 03:54 PM
1-2 hours six days a week. On the day that I have league, I just pop a few balls to check out my stroke.

Laura--&gt;never did study right before a test

socrates
05-28-2003, 04:04 PM
Since starting to play agiain in 1990 I play 325+ days per year. Average session is one hour to ninty minutes with some long ones thrown in.

I also keep a journal of all of and how my time is spent at the table. I review it each month to make sure my efforts are consistent with my perception of what I should be working on to continue to make those incremental steps in improvement.

I have found keeping this journal very insightful and helpful in that it allows me to evaluate if my time is productive and producing results.

Remember Results take time to measure.

For anyone that is interested you can print this excel spreadsheet practice journal/log free directly from my web page. It can be found under the instruction tab.

pooljunkie73
05-28-2003, 04:04 PM
2-3 times a week,6 hours each time.plus,tournaments /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Scott Lee
05-28-2003, 04:08 PM
Just about every day...sometimes only for an hour or two, sometimes for several hours. Even when I am driving cross country, I will take breaks from driving at a poolroom. For me, it is better than taking a nap, to revive me, so I can keep driving. I play mostly on 9 footers, but I'll play on anything, with cloth and balls! LOL

Scott Lee

Karatemom
05-28-2003, 04:29 PM
Nowhere near enough! Right now, the only time I get to shoot is on league night for about 2 hours. Once in a great while, we make it up to the ph on Friday or Saturday evening to just hit some around. I'd love to be able to shoot at least an hour a day, but there just isn't enough hours in the day.

Heide ~ will find the time to shoot when Scott visits