PDA

View Full Version : Sweet comebacks

CrispyFish
05-28-2003, 12:26 PM
Came back from 0-3 to win a race to 4 in 8-ball last night. The fourth game was down to the wire; I ended up playing several safeties to keep my opponent away from a clean shot on the 8, just long enough to take it myself. The next 3 were real nail-biters, too!

My nerves were definitely getting the best of me last night. I should have cleaned up much sooner, but my hands literally get shaky in tournament situations. It's very hard for me to get into a comfortable zone.

I told my opponent he played very well, because he really did -- he just happened to be losing his edge as I was gaining mine. Anyway, it was a real confidence booster to come back like that!

Anybody else have some good comeback tales?

Aboo
05-28-2003, 12:52 PM
Hmmm, not as glamorous, but I had a guy down 4 games (8 ball)in a race to five last night...
He came back and won 4 games on me, broke and made nothing, and I ran the rack to win the 5th game! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
I considered that to be a come-back, because he had ALL the momentum going into that game. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

9 Ball Girl
05-28-2003, 01:24 PM
I was in the first round of an 8 ball league. It was the finals. The guy I was playing is notorious for taking his time. We started at 6:30 PM and he and I were done at 9 PM--a race to 4!!!! Anyway, he had me 3-0. This was because the slower he took to shoot, the faster I shot. Anyway, he practically had the whole place rootin' for him and that just made me rush even more. Finally, Wendy stepped aside and 9 Ball Girl came in and I just started to bear down. The rootin' quieted down and it was on. The next 3 games he'd run 6 and miss, and I'd clear the table til we both were on the hill. He was pi$$ed! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Anyway, I broke the last game, didn't make anything, and as he was running out, I'm thinking "good, get your balls out of the way so that when you miss, I'll pocket mine with ease". Sure enough, he missed on his 5th ball, and I finished it off. Whew!

Predator314
05-28-2003, 01:38 PM
Last Wed. night I was playing a guy a race to 5 for $50. The first set he had me down 4-0. I came back and won. I didn't play that great. He just beat himself. I took that opportunity and $200 from him that night.

UWPoolGod
05-28-2003, 03:11 PM
The best I think I ever did, I came back on my friend being down 6-1 race to 7. Got control of the table and kept him from having a good shot.

dg-in-centralpa
05-28-2003, 03:31 PM
My best comeback was at Valley Forge this year. I lost my first set 5 - 2, and was losing my second set 4 - 2. I got a lucky break and won that set 5 - 2 and I won the tie breaker set 5 - 1. Momentum went my way and my opponent couldn't make a shot to save his life. But my luck ran out there as I lost the next round.

05-28-2003, 03:40 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dg-in-centralpa:</font><hr> I lost my first set 5 - 2, and was losing my second set 4 - 2. I got a lucky break and won that set 5 - 2 ... <hr /></blockquote>Umm, I'm assuming you meant you won that 2nd set 5-4?

You left skidmarks on my poor brain with that one... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

dg-in-centralpa
05-28-2003, 04:02 PM
Yep.. you're right , it was 5 - 4 my win. Today was a rough day.

DG - counting the days until the Belmont!