PDA

View Full Version : CX Schons

bott1637
05-28-2003, 04:52 PM
Is there any difference in a CX Schon vs a line from Schon itself? Why would Schon have a line solely for selling through Cuestix?

Scott Lee
05-28-2003, 11:45 PM
They don't! Cuestix just buys certain models to sell through their own catalog. Some of them are discontinued models, and some are regular line cues. Schon is not making cues specifically for Cuestix, or any other wholesaler.

Scott Lee

Pizza Bob
05-29-2003, 07:58 AM
Scott:
I'm not sure that is 100% correct. It may be now, but in the past my friend had a Schon he couldn't identify and we talked to Evan at Schon and he said this stick was a model exclusive to Muellers. As I said, it may be different now, but at one time they did exclusives.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

bott1637
05-29-2003, 03:15 PM
To clear up any confusion. I wrote Schon and asked them about a CX02 and a direct quote from that email was "I make the CX cues for Cuestix International excluseively and they prefer to do their own marketing." So I guess they still do exclusives.

05-29-2003, 04:21 PM
But many vendors sell the Schon CX line. Or is CueStix a wholesaler or distributor for all of these vendors?

bott1637
05-29-2003, 05:54 PM
That is exactly it. Cuestix can't even sell directly to a customer. So Schon is making a cue line just for Cuestix to market. Just makes me wonder about those cues vs their other cues. It seems like the availability of the CX cues is much greater than the actual Schon lines. So are the CX cues "more production" than their other cues?

05-29-2003, 05:59 PM
Don't know if they're "more production" or not, but they certainly aren't any cheaper. They run up in price virtually side-by-side with the STL series.

Scott Lee
05-29-2003, 06:26 PM
David...Cuestix is a huge distributor, who wholesales to vendors all over (myself included). That's one reason why you might see these Schon "exclusives". The last time I talked to Kathy McFarland (Cuestix owner), she told me she usually buys discontinued lines, and overstocks, regardless of the brand. I guess this Schon deal is different. Maybe she has negotiated with all of the cuemakers, whose cues she sells, to have them make cues just for Cuestix.

Scott Lee

bott1637
05-29-2003, 07:42 PM
They may not be any cheaper, but with one more company needed a profit off their sale the price would have to be inflated a little more. So side by side an equal stick from Schon to Company X to you should be cheaper than a stick from Schon to Cuestix to Company X to you.