PDA

View Full Version : I Did Spidey's Super Glue Burnish

Sid_Vicious
05-28-2003, 07:41 PM
I installed a black WB and decided to try the super glue trick,,,it worked perfectly. Leaving a tail on the scotch tape for fasr removal was a neat hint, thanks Spiderman...sid

SpiderMan
05-28-2003, 09:48 PM
That's right, and I think I forgot to mention the tail in my other post to Cycopath:

Fold one corner of the tape over on itself so you'll have a spot (away from the tip) that doesn't stick. That makes it easy to quickly zip it off before the glue starts to dissolve it.

SpiderMan

HalSmith
05-29-2003, 03:41 AM
WIshed I had read the first post.---Smitty

Predator314
05-29-2003, 06:07 AM
How much super glue do you use? Are you using regular super glue or gel or does it matter?

Fred Agnir
05-29-2003, 06:11 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> I installed a black WB and decided to try the super glue trick,,,it worked perfectly. Leaving a tail on the scotch tape for fasr removal was a neat hint, thanks Spiderman...sid <hr /></blockquote>I've been doing this for years, but only on softer tips like Elk Masters.

For the harder tips, they really don't need much burnishing, but to make them look nice, I use cue wax.

Fred

Fred Agnir
05-29-2003, 06:13 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Predator314:</font><hr> How much super glue do you use? Are you using regular super glue or gel or does it matter? <hr /></blockquote>Either, but if you use gel, you need to wipe it quickly to smooth it out before it starts to cure. Don't wipe twice. Personally, I have found using regular super glue (non-gel) is easier for this application.

Fred

Sid_Vicious
05-29-2003, 07:09 AM
I used the gel I had already, but I can imagine that regular might be safer to use. I may have gotten lucky on the first try, or maybe mine could be done better with more practice. It seemed easy, especially with the spinning shaft and the tail on the tape...sid

heater451
05-29-2003, 09:59 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote HalSmith:</font><hr> WIshed I had read the first post.---Smitty <hr /></blockquote> Click Me (http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Board=ccb&amp;Number=79900&amp;page= 0&amp;view=expanded&amp;sb=5&amp;o=7&amp;vc=1)

=====================

Wally_in_Cincy
05-29-2003, 10:13 AM
Heater,

Would nAz classify these guys as "tip geeks" ?

heater451
05-29-2003, 10:40 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> Heater,

Would nAz classify these guys as "tip geeks" ?
<hr /></blockquote>Certainly could--but I would say they are a sub-class of the pool geeks, with possibly a "cue geek" group between. Although, a cue geek would actually be an "equipment geek", which is broader, but I think a more likely label--"cue geek" would specify someone who is passionate about cues only, and not all of their (sports) equipment. An assumption is made that a tip/equipment geek is most likely a golf geek as well, relating specifically to golf equipment.

The pool geek label may include pool equipment geeks, but is more directly applicable to us who overanalyze shooting styles and techniques, and study and/or produce shot diagrams. Oh yeah, and post to on-line forums about pool--which begins to border on the classic "computer geek" group, which is a 'mainstream' construct, created by those who are ignorant of their own particular geek ranking. (I suppose that there are "mainstreamers" which would be geeks of a sort, and retain a paradoxical simularities to those that conform to non-conformity--despite that "mainstreamers" and "non-conformists" are (supposedly) diametrically opposites.)

To somewhat compartmentalize, all tip geeks are cue geeks, but not all cue geeks are tip geeks, while both tip and cue geeks are equipment geeks. Moreover, you might also put them in another superclass of sports geeks. . .or game geeks--the committee is still deadlocked on where pool fits into the hierarchy. (Note: "pool geek" may be somewhat interchangeable with "billiard geek", provided that "pool" and "pocket billiards" are equivalent.)

*Take notes, there will be a quiz at the end of the week

====================================

HalSmith
05-29-2003, 05:02 PM
Thanks , I went looking for your original post and found it sounds like a good idea.---Smitty