PDA

View Full Version : Blackjack's Seminar

ArtMetcalf
05-29-2003, 11:48 AM
This past weekend, our area had the pleasure of having "Blackjack" David Sapolis provide his teaching and insight with his Be the Best Seminar. I would like to thank David for putting in overtime on Saturday and Sunday evening to ensure that all questions were answered to all players. We violated his student limit with 25 attendees, but this did not deter him from providing a very prepared, very informative class on both days. We had some scheduling problems, and a last minute change of location, but it all worked out. David spent time with each player individually on both nights, and . David was like the Energizer Bunny, putting in 18 hour days Friday through Sunday, regardless of time constraints and travel fatigue. This seminar shows the player how to manage their game, develop an organized pattern of practice, and shows how to build upon your knowledge of the game on a daily basis. Above all, it teaches the lesson that to be the best, there is a lot of hard work involved. Many of the lessons covered in this seminar translate over into other areas of life as well, not only pool. David and his wife Yvonne, (Mrs. Blackjack) did a fine job putting this material together, and I recommend this seminar to anybody wishing to add invaluable knowledge to their skills as a player.

UTAddb
05-29-2003, 02:00 PM
BJ- do you ever come around Austin?

DSAPOLIS
05-29-2003, 02:25 PM
Anybody else think I should pay Art for that? Thanks Art, especially for all of your help in setting up what turned out to be a great weekend. Believe me, I learned more than anybody else there!

As far as getting to Austin, I was there just a few months back around St. Patty's Day. In September I plan on taking a trip up I35 from San Antinio to Minneapolis and back. If you would like to schedule something during that time period (or if you would like to schedule it sooner), just give me a call, or e-mail me and we'll see what we can do. Information about the seminar is at the following link.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BlackjackDavidSapolis/