PDA

View Full Version : Francophobia.-boycotting.

Qtec
05-30-2003, 08:42 AM
Is it right to persecute somebody just because they dont agree with you.?Do you hold individual citizens responsible for their governments actions.? Lets hear it.

eg8r
05-30-2003, 09:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Is it right to persecute somebody just because they dont agree with you.? Do you hold individual citizens responsible for their governments actions.? Lets hear it. <hr /></blockquote> I would like to say No, however the questions seem a little too vague. Would this individual be trying to kill you, and since you do not agree to die, you defend yourself. The attacker might look at that as persecution (I am fishing here /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif ). Now to the second question, if you are talking about an individual person that is not the leader of the government, I think the answer is obvious. However, if you are referring to an "individual" like Hitler, Milosevic, Saddam, etc then yes, you can hold them responsible based on their governments action.

eg8r

Qtec
05-31-2003, 07:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Is it right to persecute somebody just because they dont agree with you.? Do you hold individual citizens responsible for their governments actions.? Lets hear it. <hr /></blockquote> I would like to say No, however the questions seem a little too vague. Would this individual be trying to kill you, and since you do not agree to die, you defend yourself. The attacker might look at that as persecution (I am fishing here /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif ). Now to the second question, if you are talking about an individual person that is not the leader of the government, I think the answer is obvious. However, if you are referring to an "individual" like Hitler, Milosevic, Saddam, etc then yes, you can hold them responsible based on their governments action.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>Right now ,all across the USA, people with French restaurants, are going bust. These are mostly American citizens ,not French. Its cool to hate the French. A shrink might say that this mass hysteria is a subconcious manifestation of the realisation that they, the people had been lied to and that the French goverment were right to oppose. eg8r,we disagree on almost everthing, but i dont consider you as my enemy.The lack of response to my post gives me impression that people are afraid to voice their opinion for fear of being called""unpatriotic"".This ""with us or against us""attitude can only be bad for democracy.Thanks anyway for your response Ed[?],even if you can talk a load of S--T sometimes. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato
05-31-2003, 08:11 AM
I don't boycott French Resturaunts. However, I have no desire to go to France and no desire to drive a Pueguet (sp), I've never been a fan of French food and I don't like French coffee. However, I am watching the French Open.

Kato~~~~last name is Benoit but family is not French, long story.

Kato

Wally_in_Cincy
05-31-2003, 08:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr>

Right now ,all across the USA, people with French restaurants, are going bust. These are mostly American citizens ,not French.

<font color="blue">Just proves how stupid some Americans can be. They're probably boycottong French toast too.</font color>

The lack of response to my post gives me impression that people are afraid to voice their opinion for fear of being called""unpatriotic"".

<font color="blue">No. Your questions were too vague. </font color>

This ""with us or against us""attitude can only be bad for democracy.

<font color="blue">Americans tend to stick together against a common foe. After 9/11 don't be surprised at anything. That really pissed us off /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif. You just don't f**k with the Eagle and get away with it. </font color>

<font color="red">We will not tire.
We will not falter.
And we will not fail. </font color>

<hr /></blockquote>

<font color="red">May God continue to bless </font color><font color="red">The </font color><font color="blue">United </font color><font color="red">States </font color><font color="blue">of America </font color>

Voodoo Daddy
05-31-2003, 11:57 AM
I seen a t-shirt that read "I'm so FRENCH, I hate myself"...HAHAHAAHAHA.

Voodoo~~~only thing French I still love is the kiss

Hopster
05-31-2003, 12:42 PM
I dont blame the french for what Chirac and his party did, but on the other hand i have no plans to go to france either and wouldnt recommend anyone else going. I have also met a lot of Americans who have gone to france and have gotten tons of attitude over there so that right there is another reason not to spend any money over there.
I mean if Bush makes a bad call, would that give people from other countries the right to hate all of us as individuals ?? Not that a lot dont anyway. lol
Tough situation.

eg8r
05-31-2003, 04:13 PM
No problem. The board has more color if we disagree anyways.

eg8r

Qtec
05-31-2003, 09:49 PM
Ever thought about why Americans are not liked by so many people around the world.? Q

Hopster
05-31-2003, 10:12 PM
Ever thought about why Americans are not liked by so many people around the world.? &lt;--Qtec

Want to know something buddy ?? I could really care less who likes us and who doesnt. This i know : When theres trouble or tragedy, whos the first nation to stpe in and help with money or manpower ?
This country has helped tons and tons of people out, but you cant make everyone happy all the time, so naturally youre going to have sour grapes by some but thats the way it is.

eg8r
05-31-2003, 10:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When theres trouble or tragedy, whos the first nation to stpe in and help with money or manpower ?
<hr /></blockquote> We are also expected of this, however they will continue to hate us. What to do?

eg8r

bluewolf
06-01-2003, 06:15 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> Is it right to persecute somebody just because they dont agree with you.?Do you hold individual citizens responsible for their governments actions.? Lets hear it. <hr /></blockquote>

If I wanted something, I would buy it. Not into all of that political statement stuff.

Laura

Qtec
06-01-2003, 07:21 AM
http://www.redherring.com/vc/2002/0111/947.html

eg8r
06-01-2003, 07:32 AM
That is all old news. What about the expectations of all the other countries that are in need. Are they going to call on their neighbor/friend/ally? Nope, they will call to the US. Maybe make a pitstop on the way and call the UN, but who is the caregiver of the UN? The US.

I guess you have some sort of hatred for that group, maybe it is just easier to blame everything on them.

eg8r

Qtec
06-01-2003, 08:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> That is all old news. What about the expectations of all the other countries that are in need. Are they going to call on their neighbor/friend/ally? Nope, they will call to the US. Maybe make a pitstop on the way and call the UN, but who is the caregiver of the UN? The US.

I guess you have some sort of hatred for that group, maybe it is just easier to blame everything on them.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>I do my best not to hate anybody,but sometimes it is difficult.This is not old news ,this is happening right now. Did you see GW sweat last night,after being asked where are the weapons of MD.This was the pretext for invasion, wasnt it.Does it not concern you that your country is being run by people who never ran for office or won a single vote.The world gets smaller everyday,what these guys affects everybody.Believe it or not,most of the world does not live in the USA. As for this idea that we all need your help,[whether we like it or not,] i will ask you this. Who asked you to invade Iraq? Is the world a safer place with GW? I will help you with this one . If you were to answer YES, i would then ask you ""why the EXTRA 40 BILLION"" [ QUOTE ]
THE TRUTH! YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif <hr /></blockquote> [ QUOTE ]
There,s no smoke without fire <hr /></blockquote>

eg8r
06-01-2003, 09:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I do my best not to hate anybody,but sometimes it is difficult.This is not old news ,this is happening right now. Did you see GW sweat last night,after being asked where are the weapons of MD.This was the pretext for invasion, wasnt it.Does it not concern you that your country is being run by people who never ran for office or won a single vote.The world gets smaller everyday,what these guys affects everybody.Believe it or not,most of the world does not live in the USA. As for this idea that we all need your help,[whether we like it or not,] i will ask you this. Who asked you to invade Iraq? Is the world a safer place with GW? I will help you with this one . If you were to answer YES, i would then ask you ""why the EXTRA 40 BILLION"" <hr /></blockquote>

Are you beginning to hate? Over a message board? This shows immaturity. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

You sound like the giant liberal machine. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif First off, do you honestly think you are the first person to mention the Carlyle Group? If you do think so, go to some other forums and read around. Maybe go back a couple years. You sir are not the first. It is old news.

As far as the WMD...The pretext of the war was the original Resolutions filed by the UN that were not upheld or enforced. Yes, WMDs were a large part of them, and no one has given up, except the hopeful Democrats. Now maybe some more impatient liberals and people from other countries might have also, but those were also the countries that wanted to sit around and wait in the first place.

Your most of the world sentence seems a bit obvious, but that is all you have pointed out lately.

What ""EXTRA 40 BILLION""? Are you talking about the price to fight the war? I don't remember what you attributed this cost to, but I am guessing the price to go to war. Enlighten me.

eg8r

Qtec
06-01-2003, 09:50 AM
Dont believe everything you read in the ''Texan,Stars and Stripes,Republican[hang em high]Gun club monthly''

Wally_in_Cincy
06-02-2003, 05:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr>

I do my best not to hate anybody,but sometimes it is difficult.This is not old news ,this is happening right now. Did you see GW sweat last night,after being asked where are the weapons of MD.This was the pretext for invasion, wasnt it...... <hr /></blockquote>

Picture this scenario. On Sept. 2, 2001 Bush says "We gotta invade Afghanistan because there's a bunch of nuts over there who have plans to try to kill 20,000 Americans in one day" Oh the wailing and gnashing of teeth from the Left would have been cacophonous. And if we pre-emtped the 9/11 attack but never found the written plans for it the Left would say "Where's the proof? Where's the proof?" just like they're saying now "Where's the WMD? Where's the WMD"

Sometimes being the President can be a no-win situation. But I honestly think Dubya is doing what he thinks is right.

Wally_in_Cincy
06-02-2003, 05:42 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> Ever thought about why Americans are not liked by so many people around the world.? Q <hr /></blockquote>

Yeah. I've thought about it a lot.

It's jealousy pure and simple.

If they hate us so bad why do they all want to move here?

cheesemouse
06-02-2003, 06:45 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> Ever thought about why Americans are not liked by so many people around the world.? Q <hr /></blockquote>

Yes, I've thought about it and I think the simple basic answer is: In a world of diminishing resourses we Americans use a very high or disproportionate amount of those resources and most of us are fat...LOL.. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Qtec
06-02-2003, 07:44 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> Ever thought about why Americans are not liked by so many people around the world.? Q <hr /></blockquote>

Yeah. I've thought about it a lot.....No you havent.

It's jealousy pure and simple.......No it isnt.

If they hate us so bad why do they all want to move here? .......No they dont /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Kato
06-02-2003, 07:50 AM
Maybe people from the Netherlands don't want to move here. I'm pretty sure everyone else does /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato~~~loves living in the good 'ole U.S.A. even if he hates where he lives now.

PS. Have we ever invaded the Netherlands? Don't they have good weed there? That's probably a good enough reason to take over. Do the Netherlands have Weapons of Mass Destruction? If so we may have to put a stop to the insanity. I'll call my buddy Eg8r, he's got a hotline to the President of the U.S.A. and Rackmup. This issue will be resolved quickly.