PDA

View Full Version : Recovering from a mental hiatus.

Voodoo Daddy
05-30-2003, 12:27 PM
I stayed away from pool for months, just trying to clear my head of all of life's /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif petty BS. During that time I sold "ALL" my cues...really releasing myself from all ties concerning pool, except my friends of course. After almost 6 months I find that my parole for the life sentance we call pool is almost over. Once again I face the drudgury of practice, late night action and tournament play. Life is good but there is one problem...no cue. Taking suggestions from reliable sources on any new cuemakers units...Thanks

eg8r
05-30-2003, 12:29 PM
Welcome back. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I thought you liked the Omen cues. Are you just looking to play with a different cue this time?

eg8r

Kato
05-30-2003, 12:33 PM
Duh, I told you to give me "Toby". You woulda been sittin' pretty bro. But oh no, what do I know anyway?

I've cast my lot with Pete Ohman but you already know that.

Kato~~~isn't exactly reliable when it comes to cue knowledge but is happy Voodoo is coming back.

Eric.
05-30-2003, 12:46 PM
Hey man,

welcome home.

I love my Capone. It hits great, and has a nice balance. Best way to describe the hit-medium to medium-stiff. Mike also doesn't use weight bolts and cores all his cues with a maple dowel. Good stuff.

Eric

Fred Agnir
05-30-2003, 12:50 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr> Taking suggestions from reliable sources on any new cuemakers units...Thanks <hr /></blockquote>Thierry Layani.

Fred

9 Ball Girl
05-30-2003, 12:52 PM
Yahoo! I hope your hiatus cleared things up for you. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif I'm looking forward to seeing you in VA in 3 months (I'm not counting June since it's practically here) and keep that finger incognito, ok?

Wendy&lt;---Voodoo is back! Watch out now! http://www.smilies.org/basesmilies3/1053178372.gif

Barbara
05-30-2003, 12:52 PM
Voodoo,

There's a cuemaker up here in Philly that makes a pretty sweet cue. His name is Art Cantando.

Maybe if Eric shows up at Comet this weekend and is nice to me, he'll let me hit a couple with his Capone...??

Barbara~~~still on a mental hiatus, but refuses to sell her "Buddy"... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Karatemom
05-30-2003, 01:33 PM
It's nice to see you back, Voodoo. I can't help much with a new cue, but if we're partners at the Open, I'll let you use my D19, LOL. There are so many cue mfg's there on the East Coast, I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for.

Heide ~ feels safer now that my big, bad brother-in-law is back! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

UTAddb
05-30-2003, 03:15 PM
Kato-I think you forgot to translate "far" to "fer."

DDB&lt;~~not from Hamiltucky but is familiar with the language

John G
05-30-2003, 03:49 PM
It's to bad your not in Calif. I'd build you one just for the cost of materials. I'm positive there is no cue built better then what I build. Why would I do that? #1 Because you along with a very few others on this board have chosen to treat me with respect and the same courtesy I've extended to others. #2 I like your posts in general, and #3 because I can. I've been building and working on cues for more then 20 years. It is now and always has been a HOBBY.

I build cues in an attempt to give something back to a game that has held my focus since I was a young boy. To improve our game. Anyway, the offer is legitimate. If you ever get up this way E-mail me. And to any one else, no, I'm not trying to buy friends. I have all the friends a man needs.

Kind Regards John G

Rod
05-30-2003, 03:49 PM
VooDoo, I think you've got this all confused. You don't stay away from pool to clear that crap. You play pool to forget about that crap. Now you got to find a stroke, er a cue then practice then find a stroke. No help on the cue but good luck and welcome back.

Rod

Tom_In_Cincy
05-30-2003, 03:55 PM
Big DADDY,

How about a production model Meucci with a Predator shaft?

LOL... maybe you could start out with a house cue and go from there?..

Glad your BACK... I missed your ONE Pocket posts.. and also missed a lot of shots... too..

By the way.. Do you think I need to loose some wieght?

Voodoo Daddy
05-30-2003, 04:44 PM
Not only have I lost 70+ pounds...I will assure you that you will not miss me after a month or so...I'm back,
HAHAHAHAHA

Scott Lee
05-30-2003, 05:29 PM
Steve...Good to see you posting again! 70 lbs, huh? Wow, good job! Naturally, you absolutely NEED a new custom Samsara!

Scott Lee

cueball1950
05-30-2003, 09:00 PM
Hi Big Steve. Glad to see your trip has brought you HOME. Since you are in Florida. Go check out Dayton Cues if you get the chance. Just tell paul i sent you. He is a great guy that i have known for over 20 years. Also i have a collector friend in Sarasota that has a few for sale at reasonable prices. If you are interested just PM me for his name and such....................mike