PDA

View Full Version : I now own a pool table

Wally_in_Cincy
05-30-2003, 01:35 PM
I now own a pool table. My girlfriend and I bought a house and the table came with it. It's a very old 8-foot Brunswick/Balke/Collender. The guy had the cushions and cloth (Simonis 860) replaced a while back and it plays pretty good. If I had a website I would post a pic of the pockets. They're not original and they look bad /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif.

Now if I can find time to play. The guy that owned the house wasn't really into yardwork and I've got a lot to do /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif. BTW there is a CCBer who is a master gardener. I think it was Vicki or Lorri. Does anybody know or remember? Despite my wonderful horticultural aptitude /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif I might need some advice.

socrates
05-30-2003, 01:49 PM
Great to hear about the table.

Best of luck with the yardwork.

My theory for the yard - If it can't be mown it shouldn't be grown.

But hey thats me - Work keeps me off the course and out of the poolroom more than I like so I don't want to create any self inflicted wounds by yardwork.

In any event happy to hear about the table.

Deeman
05-30-2003, 01:51 PM
Congratulations. If this is the first table you have owned, you WILL make some time from the yard work to hit a few between plantings and trimmings. However, don't get your priorities out of whack, the game comes first.

I hope you enjoy the table. By the way, I have killed every type of plant, grass and fern known to man so I won't be giving you gardening advice.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Tom_In_Cincy
05-30-2003, 02:08 PM
Wally, thank GOD you have a pool table. I know it was the deciding factor in purchasing the new house.

About the landscaping... my only suggestion is BRICKS/Concrete patio blocks/GRAVEL and anything that will keep anything from growing that has to be maintained.

Grass and edging equipment is all that you need. Flowers, shrubs, ivy.. are the rare excetions. Ever see these in a pool room?

Very Happy for Wally.. and NOW I am jealous of a guy that lives in Hamilton (aka Hamiltucky)

Wally_in_Cincy
05-30-2003, 02:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> Wally, thank GOD you have a pool table. I know it was the deciding factor in purchasing the new house.

<hr /></blockquote>

I would never admit that /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

You'll have to come over sometime. Man we've got stuff everywhere, but the space around the table is conspicuously clear of encroachments LOL. And there's no laundry on it either. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

9 Ball Girl
05-30-2003, 02:36 PM
Hey Wally, if you'd like, send me the pic and I'll post it for you. BendeeWendee@aol.com

Wendy&lt;---killed a cactus once...

Kato
05-30-2003, 02:36 PM
Lorri is a professional Horticulturer.

Kato

Rod
05-30-2003, 03:04 PM
Congrats on the table Wally, oh and the house to. I'm no master gardner but I managed to keep over 40 trees, plants, shrubs etc alive. Not to mention a yard that met or exceeded most golf courses. Man that was work.

~~~ rod, only slightly into the green thumb these days

Eric.
05-30-2003, 03:20 PM
Cool. A nice pool table that comes with a house(the house is a nice bonus).
Congrats!

Can't help you with the gardening. My only experience involved MiracleGro and an ultraviolet plant light(!)

Eric &gt;experimented back in the day

jbullerjr
05-30-2003, 03:44 PM
Congrats on the new house/table.

Can't help on the yard thing though.

&lt;----Could kill a rock garden

Tom_In_Cincy
05-30-2003, 03:46 PM
Wally, I would love to come a visit. I still have an active visa for Hamiltucky.. LOL