PDA

View Full Version : Richard Petty driving experience?

Candyman
05-30-2003, 01:49 PM
I'm going to Charlotte to the Lowes Motor Speedway on July 13. My wife gave me the driving experience for Chrismas and I am really jacked up. We get to do 10 laps at speeds up to 165 mph. I will be following close behind a pro for the correct driving line. Have any of you CCB'ers done this deal and what did you think about it? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
05-30-2003, 02:07 PM
I would love to do that. Only problem is the cost /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Rod
05-30-2003, 02:54 PM
Candyman,
Woo hoo ! If your anything like me and like speed your gonna love that. That's a great present. I've never been that speed on a circle track but with the banking you'll be well in control. They'll buckle you up so your body won't move around and you'll be all set. It might be a little testy at first because the new experience may make your body and arms tense. If you are mentally sharp and physically relaxed it's the best of both worlds. No hand prints squeezed into the steering wheel. LOL Very similar to pool.

I've driven a handful of short dirt tracks and a couple of road tracks, including some hill climbs. What I've always liked best however is drag racing. Been over 165 there, you get there quick but no turns. LOL Your gonna love it, wish someone would buy me one of those deals.

Rod

pooldaddy9
05-30-2003, 02:54 PM
A friend of mine did about 2 years ago and he is still talking about it. Enjoy

Candyman
05-30-2003, 05:34 PM
Thanks for the kind words. I will have my wife take plenty of pix and post them on my web site. Will post that address later. I just hope I can keep the skid marks on the track. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

pooldaddy9
05-31-2003, 04:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Candyman:</font><hr> Thanks for the kind words. I will have my wife take plenty of pix and post them on my web site. Will post that address later. I just hope I can keep the skid marks on the track. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif <hr /></blockquote> If it were me going around the track that fast, I know where the skid marks would be and it wouldn't be on the track. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Singlemalt
06-01-2003, 12:29 PM
Been there, done it, went back and did it again!

Barbara
06-01-2003, 03:50 PM
Man!! You lucky devil!! 1-800-BE-PETTY.

Okay, I*'m not a true NASCAR aficiando. but at Vegbas last year I was psyched up about going to the track and driving a NASCAR around at 165 mph for a few laps. I think the cost was $400 for 6 laps. Whatever. Heck I would just love to drive my WS6 T/A on a track a la Leno!!

Unfortunately, they weren't doing that stuff the week we were out there. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif!

My only suggestion is that you do it early in the day as any track will get hot as Hades around 10 am until.

Have fun!!!

Barbara~~~only pushed the Beast to 85 going home today, damn traffic!!