PDA

View Full Version : What is your opinion on Lucasi cues?

Sparky
05-30-2003, 04:27 PM
Hey everyone!

What is your opinion on Lucasi cues? I recently traded in my two Cuetec cues for a brand new Lucasi 2003RW model. I like it.

http://www.geocities.com/cutemiguy1972/pool.html

Sparky

Nightstalker
05-30-2003, 05:23 PM
If you want my honest opinion, they suck! Haha, just kidding Sparky! I have never used one, but I have HEARD that they play and feel similar to the other similarly designed and built cues out there. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

UWPoolGod
05-30-2003, 05:30 PM
Personally I would never play with one. They look decent and have an attractive price, but I didn't care for the hit when I played with a buddies. Its all personal preference. Heck I can't believe people try to sell Schon's on eBay for $2000. I would use that money on a custom any day.

Sid_Vicious
05-30-2003, 07:03 PM
I personally had really good vibes with all the Lucasi cues I tried and bought one with a 314 shaft(didn't own a 314) and wanted a cue with my insant "feel approval." I think you're alright with the cue...sid

Snyder1
05-30-2003, 08:05 PM
I shoot with a Dave Pearson signature Lucasi. I like it alot. For the money, I do not believe Lucasi's can be beat ...

JS

cycopath
05-31-2003, 06:19 PM
What's up with the "cutemiguy1972" moniker? Just kidding. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I have a Lucasi LSS2 Jeremy Jones Jump/Break. It works pretty well. Especially now that I've put an Arnot Terminator 3 Break shaft on it.

pooltchr
06-02-2003, 06:30 AM
I've been shooting with a Lucasi for about 3 years and it's the best production cue I have found for the money in their price range. They are good quality cues, good looking, and have a solid hit and are well balanced. I sell them as well as use them, and have found the customer support to be excellant. On the few occasions where I have had a problem, they were very quick to replace the item, no questions asked.

Fred Agnir
06-02-2003, 06:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sparky:</font><hr> Hey everyone!

What is your opinion on Lucasi cues?<hr /></blockquote>The thing that irks me about Lucasi cues is that when they first came out, they were dirt cheap (price-wise) in my area and probably every area. Loss-leaders, I suppose. Why I waited and didn't buy one of the first year's run is beyond me.

Of course, the other thing that gets my goat is the mysterious pronunciation.

Fred &lt;~~~ should've bought one.

06-02-2003, 07:09 AM
Fred, they're still dirt cheap compared to the cues you're used to buying... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I've seen some very nice looking Lucasi's (one had lots of cocobolo) going for around $150 brand-new on eBay. For a "real" cue, that's not bad at all. I've been thinking of getting one to use as a pretty break cue. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

bluewolf
06-02-2003, 08:04 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sparky:</font><hr> Hey everyone!

What is your opinion on Lucasi cues? I recently traded in my two Cuetec cues for a brand new Lucasi 2003RW model. I like it.

Sparky <hr /></blockquote>

To say that the Lucasi is better than the cuetec is IMO, "da**ing with faint praise". /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Seriously, if ya like your cue and it feels good to you, it really does not matter what others think. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Laura