PDA

View Full Version : vf

snook
05-30-2003, 05:00 PM
where is valley forge? and is this an every year tourney? thanks for telling me a more than likely dumb questions

Scott Lee
05-30-2003, 05:48 PM
Valley Forge, or actually the Expo, is in King of Prussia, PA, at the Valley Forge Convention Center. King of Prussia is about 30 miles west of Philadelphia. The Super Billiards Expo is a consumer billiards show (tons of booths selling cues, cases, clothing, pool accessories, books, tapes, and anything else to do with pool), with several amateur tournaments, and usually a pro event, as well. There are several divisions: Juniors, Open, Women, Seniors, and Open Teams. This was the 11th year, I believe.
It is always in March. Hope this helps...

Scott Lee

Tom_In_Cincy
05-30-2003, 07:21 PM
And VF is a great gathering place for the member of this forum. The last two years CCB members have gotten together and had some good times.

snook
05-30-2003, 07:39 PM
hmm.. darn, i knew there was a vf in kentucky and was hoping that was the one, i'm from indiana and was just wondering if there were any expos/tourneys i could go and watch some pros at around here that was within reasonable driving distance. if anybody knows of one i would really appreciate it. thanks

Scott Lee
05-30-2003, 08:49 PM
snook...There is a big "amateur" tournament coming up in Oct. in Chicago, called the Midwest Open (www.midwestopen.com). Although they call it an amateur tournament, there will very likely be many "pros" and semi-pros there playing. Earl Strickland will be there to do some trickshot exhibitions and schmooze with the crowd. I believe it is either the weekend of Oct. 10th or 17th.

Scott Lee

dg-in-centralpa
05-31-2003, 08:17 AM
If you can take some vacation, the next show at VF is the last weekend of March 2004. You are probably looking at a 14 hour drive, but it's worth it. The show is well organized and runs very smooth. Don't miss it.
DG - one week until the Belmont!

Deeman
05-31-2003, 08:41 AM
Doug,

I agree VF is worth the trip. I see you mentioned Belmont. I went to The Derby and The Preakness this year and may make Belmont. However, I had good tickets to the other two and none for Belmont. Is the Infield worth the trip (from York)? I might not get another chance to claim I was at all three legs of a Triple Crown. Let me know if you have been there and if the Infield is a plausible choice.

Tom_In_Cincy
05-31-2003, 10:42 AM
From Indiana?
Well, in Louisville KY in Jan 2004 there will be a Professional Pool Event that will have three different games involved. Nine ball, One Pocket and 9 ball banks.

Eleven Days of NON-Stop POOL.
Last year there were 300+ entries in each event.

dg-in-centralpa
05-31-2003, 11:12 AM
Deeman - The infield is not actually on the infield but behind the grandstand. It is worth the trip. I too was at the preakness. My seats were at the 8th pole. I'm not sure where my seats are for the Belmont because I'm going on a bus trip. I'll send you a pm with details, maybe you can sign up next year. Our seat will be probably at the 8th pole as well. I've never been to the derby yet. The belmont will be crazy this year, with Funny Cide being a New York horse as well as going for the triple crown.

Duane - still trying to get to the derby but can't wait for the belmont - probably lose my a$$ as well! lol

Wally_in_Cincy
05-31-2003, 11:36 AM
Glass City Open (Toledo, Ohio)is scheduled for November 12, 2003

Vagabond
06-01-2003, 10:13 AM
Suburb of Philadelphia.Pro players Allen and Dawn Hopkins are the promotors/owners/organizers of this tourny.continuation of this tourny depends on their pleasure.Cheers
Vagabond

Deeman
06-02-2003, 08:14 AM
Dg,

Thanks for the info. I'll be there if only in the infield to say I was there for all three! Good luck.