PDA

View Full Version : Book - Black Belt Billiards

05-30-2003, 09:43 PM
Any help locating this book would be appreciated. I was told that it was very good and should use it to improve my game. Any comments on the book would also be appreciated.

9 Ball Girl
05-30-2003, 11:01 PM
Steve Campana is the author, aka Socrates on the CCB. A whole lot of us have the book and we're all very happy.

Black Belt Billiards (http://members.aol.com/blkbeltbilliards/)

sack316
05-31-2003, 02:02 AM
yeah, I ordered it a few weeks ago... very prompt shipment and communicated well with me. I was very pleased with the service and the icing on the cake is thats its a great book.I have only had time to do very little on it, but the little I have done gets me in stroke quickly and helped me mentally too. I suggest picking up a copy.

Hopster
05-31-2003, 02:07 AM
Very good book, good drills.

05-31-2003, 09:07 AM
I'll jump on the bandwagon and say it's an excellent drill book. I got mine months ago, and unfortunately just left it sitting to one side until a few weeks ago. Wish I had started with it sooner...

And Steve/Socrates is a great guy to talk to.

cycopath
05-31-2003, 06:34 PM
It's true, all true. The book is great. You should pick it up. It's well worth it's price. Which is cheap, by the way.

c.holtz009
06-01-2003, 07:53 AM
Any room on the wagon for me?? It's a great book. The drills can really get one's game tuned in.
I feel privileged to own the only copy in Canada so far!

jjinfla
06-01-2003, 04:57 PM
Received my copy two months ago (Mar 27) and try to do a little several times a week. 10 hours/week. Have seen a noticeable difference in many parts of my game. Especially during the local bar tournaments. The book has paid for itself many times over. check out http://www.members.aol.com/blkbeltbilliards
Steve did a great job.

Next on my list will be Blackjack's book. Hopefully it will be out this month. Jake

06-01-2003, 05:00 PM
you know i've been hearing alot about this book within the last month or so here on ccb, and i may just have to order it, i have'nt heard one bad complaint yet. i'll order it

pooltchr
06-02-2003, 07:06 AM
Hi Robert. Glad you found it. Practice the drills using that stroke we worked on, and you will be tearing up everyone out there at school.
Steve

bluewolf
06-02-2003, 07:57 AM
What I like about this book:

It is light and spiral bound so that it stays open to the page you are working on.

When opening to a certain drill, the description is on the left hand page and on the right hand page is a picture of a pool table with the drill shown in picture terms.

Laura