PDA

View Full Version : New member says howdy

highsea
05-31-2003, 12:41 PM
Greetings to all CCB folks. I just registered and wanted to introduce myself. I hope to meet some new friends here, learn a few things, and maybe hook up for a friendly game or 2 along the way.

Me: 43 yrs. old (lost my teeth in the Civil War) /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Fav. Game: 8 Ball, but like 9 and am learning 3C
Cue: Zac
Favorite place to play: Tacoma Elks LOdge #174 (5 Verhovens, 5 4.5 x 9's, 1 6 x12)
Skill Level: Clacker

Cheers,
CM

Tom_In_Cincy
05-31-2003, 12:53 PM
Highsea,
Welcome. From the rainy north west, huh? I bet we get more rain in Cincy than Tocoma does.... LOL

There are a few Oregon, Washington St. members already on this forum.

Have a good time here, the CCB members are not as stubborn as those guy from Texas.. but they are all better players.

Wally_in_Cincy
05-31-2003, 12:55 PM
http://www.zooish.com/_borders/ape_waving_hand_sm_wht.gif

Howdy !

pooldaddy9
05-31-2003, 01:32 PM
Coolest place you can be, right here. Welcome aboard. If you can't find it here, it can't be found.

Scott Lee
05-31-2003, 01:35 PM
CM...Welcome aboard! Sounds like you have a really nice place to play! You should try to learn some 3-C too, since you have those nice Verhoven tables. I'm sure there are some older guys that could show you a few things! UWPoolGod (Todd) posts here all the time. Maybe you can get together a play some!

Scott Lee

highsea
05-31-2003, 03:33 PM
Thanks Scott and everyone else. I am (slowly) learning 3C, and there are definitely some helpful players that have showed me a few things. (sometimes more than I really want) /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I am not really at the level where I would attempt to play a match, but I try to setup some practice shots whenever I get the chance, and am sort of learning the return tracks.

I am actually in Seattle, so I have to drive a bit to get to Tacoma. I would certainly welcome a game with Todd anytime! I am new in town, so I don't really know the good places to play.

Casey <~~~ mostly playing on barboxes /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Nightstalker
05-31-2003, 04:35 PM
Welcome aboard! /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

PQQLK9
05-31-2003, 07:00 PM
Welcome CM

eg8r
05-31-2003, 07:03 PM
Welcome to the board. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Fred Agnir
06-01-2003, 08:26 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote highsea:</font><hr>
Skill Level: Clacker<hr /></blockquote> Hehe.

Is that like one level better than a Bunter, but just below a Banger?

Fred &lt;~~~ developing Banger

Fred Agnir
06-01-2003, 08:27 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote highsea:</font><hr> Thanks Scott and everyone else. I am (slowly) learning 3C, and there are definitely some helpful players that have showed me a few things. (sometimes more than I really want) /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>With all that rain, I hope those Verhoevens are heated.

Fred

pooltchr
06-02-2003, 06:35 AM
Welcome! Glad to see you here.
Steve

Rod
06-04-2003, 07:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Me: 43 yrs. old (lost my teeth in the Civil War) <hr /></blockquote>

Howdy,

We've never had anyone here from the Civil War, let alone without teeth! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif