PDA

View Full Version : One reason I love pool

highsea
06-01-2003, 07:49 AM
Playing 8Ball last nite in the bar across the street from my marina. It's a semi-seedy place, and I am brand new there, but it's walking distance from my boat, so it's my new hangout till I get moved again. If anyone here knows Seattle, I was in the "County Line". nuff said.

There was an open table when I walked in, so I setup a rack for some practice. One of the regulars walked up just as I was about to break and told me it was HIS table, and I was going to play him. OK, fella...

I take the first game, and he wants a rematch. No money on the table, just sport. The next rack was pretty typical for me. I broke and potted 6, leaving him wide open to run out. (Hey, I said I was a clacker!) He sinks 3 balls and cornerhooks himself. Instead of kicking at something, he intentionally scratches. I'm pissed off, but I don't even look at him as I get up.

I'm little ones, and my last ball is in the kitchen. I don't have BIH (it's bar rules). He sits back down at his table and takes a big pull off his beer, obviously pleased with his strategy. I have nowhere to go, and he's going to get a chance to redeem himself for his previous defeat.

I give him this in return:

START(
%Ag6R0%H^9W8%KG9D2%MM6L4%NC8S9%O^5E2%Pi2Q7%Qc8R7%W g2D4%Xh9P6
%Yg6P4%Zg0C5%[j2Z3%\g8S1%]r5D4%^j9[0%eC2a4
)END

1 ball, center of the pocket, leaving the cb at "A" /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Easy 8 and I'm out. Next game, he couldn't sink a ball, and I left him with all 7 on the table. Ha! Sucker, it's MY table now..

It was worth it not to run the table, just to make that great kick shot and see his face!

CM <~~~every now and then gets lucky (at the pool table, anyway!)

HalSmith
06-01-2003, 08:43 AM
Way to go , love to see a bar bully have to sit down cause he is in way over his head. And you know he had a couple of buddy who said ," You gonna just let him have that table"
----Smitty

Qtec
06-01-2003, 08:56 AM
You lucky B*****D! Thats what i would have said. Q /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bigbro6060
06-01-2003, 09:07 AM
good on ya mate !

Scott Lee
06-01-2003, 08:49 PM
CM...LOL What a great shot! I bet the guy sh*t his pants when you called that shot and made it!...especially getting perfect shape on the 8...lucky or not! Good job!

Scott Lee

highsea
06-01-2003, 09:06 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> I bet the guy sh*t his pants when you called that shot and made it <hr /></blockquote>

Thanks, Scott, he did, it was priceless.

I was doing my very best stay straight-faced, but I had a tough time not busting out laughing myself. His buddy came up to me later and told me that when I setting on the shot, he told his friend, "just watch him, he's going to make it"

One of my favorite quotes was made by golfer Lee Trevino. He had just made a hole in one during a tournament, and a reporter asked him how it felt to get lucky like that. Lee looked at him straight faced, and said: "Luck? That's what I was aiming for!"

-Casey

Scott Lee
06-02-2003, 12:53 AM
highsea...My line has always been: "I'd rather be lucky than good! You can beat skill, but you can't beat luck!"

or...

"Yep, the better I shoot, the luckier I get!"

or...

"What REALLY makes 'em mad, is that CONSISTENT luck!" LOL

Scott Lee

jbullerjr
06-02-2003, 05:31 AM
Mine is...

"I would rather be lucky than good, you don't have to practice as much!"
/ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif
J.

Rich R.
06-02-2003, 07:31 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> highsea...My line has always been: "I'd rather be lucky than good! You can beat skill, but you can't beat luck!"<hr /></blockquote>
My favorite response to that line is, "But good lasts longer." /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Now I have to get good. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

HalSmith
06-02-2003, 08:21 AM
I use the same comeback but say "You can always count on good."---Smitty