PDA

View Full Version : Finally!!

c.holtz009
06-01-2003, 08:13 AM
Finally my dry spell is over.
Once a year we hold a "big" nine ball tournament and invite people from all over the area.
It's not really a huge tournament, but we usually get some good players out for it.
Well, it was yesterday. I won it. I think I did pretty well considering I got spanked in my first match 7-0, and then was down in my second match 4-0. I came back to win the whole thing.
Something just clicked, and I started to really see the table well, and things were just clicking. I felt like I could close my eyes, and still make everything.
That puts my November 2002 - Present tounament history at:

19 1st
6 2nd
2 3rd
46 did not place

As well as my team won our 8-ball league this year.

I have been in the habit of tracking all my results this season to see exactly how I have been doing.

I don't mean to brag, but I'm so stoked I had to tell someone!!

socrates
06-01-2003, 09:01 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote c.holtz009:</font><hr> Something just clicked, and I started to really see the table well, and things were just clicking. I felt like I could close my eyes, and still make everything.

The Zone - congratulations.

06-01-2003, 11:54 AM
Well done Carey! I was disappointed that I couldn't make it this year. The competition is always good and it's a fun tournament. Who knows I might have even been able to give you a bit of a run for it /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif. Who were the other top finishers and how did you make out in the calcutta? Glad to hear you were so much on top of your game. You're a very solid player when you don't sweat the small stuff that always seems to go wrong in any match and then start to get down on yourself. Sometimes it seems 90% of the game is mental... just maintain confidence in your skills, stay in focus and more often than not good things are gonna happen. ...Bob

#### leonard
06-02-2003, 06:14 PM
Bob are you still teaching pool in school? You have been quiet for a long time, any run ins with Stretch.####

06-03-2003, 07:25 PM
Hello Leonard... good to hear from you. I've always been periodically lurking around here, too much good information to just drop out altogether. Mostly during the school year I just find myself too busy to do much posting.

Yep, the billiard club is still going along very successfully. We've now got the table completely paid for and are now the only club in the school actually making money. Besides it's good for me to be able to relate to the kids on this kind of level and what better way to promote the growth of "real" pool in the area.

As for my own pool I've had a very good year... still using that tucked in pinky finger method of griping the cue you suggested to me.. gives me a much more consistent even stroke. It must have helped as I finished the season with the highest average in the league.

Haven't seen Stretch in some time now. Last time he was here I enjoyed some very good matches with him. His game had distinctly gone up a notch and he spoke very highly of his time spent with you and Fran. Hope he does make it back this way again as my own game has also come up a fair bit lately... I think a little pay back may be in order /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif. Probably like me he's also still lurking around the fringes of the board and could pop back in at any time to share some pool observations with his distinct form of humour. ...Bob

Terry
06-04-2003, 08:35 AM
Hello ####, I will almost certainly run into Stretch at the Canadians in late August. I will let him know you were asking about him. Terry

GreenLion
06-04-2003, 08:45 AM
Congradulations c.holtz009!Im glad to hear that you did great at that tournement.Keep up the good work!