PDA

View Full Version : Anybody want to tell me about TULIA.

Qtec
06-02-2003, 10:00 AM
Just caught this on TV.I thought i was watching ""Ripleys ,Believe it or Not"" I gather this was a while ago. Comments please. eg8r??? Anybody!

Kato
06-02-2003, 10:12 AM
Tip Toe, through the TULIA, through the dah dah.........

Kato~~~that TULIA?

Qtec
06-02-2003, 10:18 AM
Kato ,I think you,re actually living above a ""koffieshop"" in Amsterdam. I,m right ,arent i ? Q

Kato
06-02-2003, 10:29 AM
Nope, I'm naturally clueless. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato~~~don't smoke no weed but once stayed in a Holiday Inn Express

Barbara
06-02-2003, 12:00 PM
We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express when we came to Ft Lauderdale!!!

Barbara~~~always clueless... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gifb

eg8r
06-02-2003, 12:09 PM
Add me to the clueless group. I have no idea about TULIA. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

nAz
06-02-2003, 12:24 PM
Releases only way to address Tulia
By THOM MARSHALL
Copyright 2002 Houston Chronicle

WE STILL HAVE 13 people from Tulia locked in Texas prisons across the state unjustly.

Cash Love is in Livingston doing 99 years.

At the very least, someone in power should figure out how to release them on personal recognizance bonds, pending the outcomes of state and federal inquiries into the Tulia drug bust of 1999.

Joe Moore is in Abilene doing 90 years.

What put them in prison was the word of one itinerant undercover cop whose methods and ethics and reputation have sparked many serious questions, investigations, lawsuits and even changes in state law and policy.

Kareem White is in Kenedy doing 60 years.

The 13 were arrested in the same roundup that netted more than 40 people identified as drug dealers by undercover cop Tom Coleman. Arresting officers found no evidence to support Coleman's contention -- no inventory of drugs, no arsenal of weapons, no wads of cash, no other corroboration.

Jason Williams is in Childress doing 45 years.

Politics all over the place

A spokeswoman for Texas Gov. Rick Perry has said the governor can't do anything about setting the Tulia 13 or any other prisoner free unless the Board of Pardons and Paroles tells him he can. Of course, the governor does appoint the board members of that body.

Kizzie White is in Gatesville doing 25 years.

The governor's Democratic opponent, Tony Sanchez, campaigned this week in Tulia, where he said the Tulia bust should not be politicized. His spokesman told me Friday that Sanchez was "looking forward to seeing the results" of the probe recently announced by Texas Attorney General John Cornyn.

Chris Jackson is in Snyder doing 20 years.

That was pretty humorous, candidate Sanchez campaigning in Tulia and saying Tulia should not be politicized. If he'd been serious about that he'd simply have stayed out of Tulia. I believe he intended to draw attention to the issue and cost his opponent some votes but also wanted to avoid taking a stand on it himself.

Freddie Brookins is in Livingston doing 20 years.

The problem with looking forward to investigation results is that some investigations never end. That federal probe into possible civil rights violations got bogged down. Some people who are working to get all the Tulia bust convictions overturned have said that no federal investigators have been in Tulia asking questions since George W. Bush moved to Washington.

Dennis Allen is in Navasota doing 18 years.

A Perry spokesman said that since most candidates in Texas agree that Cornyn is doing the right thing by conducting a state investigation, the Tulia bust "will not be a campaign issue."

Timothy Towery is in Lamesa doing 18 years.

Dealing with a controversial issue like Tulia is walking a tightrope for politicians. They would like it to go away, at least until after the election.

Willie Hall is in Huntsville doing 18 years.

Simply announcing another investigation is not enough to make it go away. Not when we don't know how long the investigation is going to take and the Tulia 13 already have been sitting in jail unjustly for far too long.

Daniel Olivarez is in Hondo doing 12 years.

No move will be fast enough

What might work for the politicians is releasing the Tulia 13 on personal recognizance bonds, pending the outcomes of the investigations. That way the campaigners could avoid taking a stand and still turn down the volume of the growing number of people calling for freedom for the Tulia 13.

Landis Barrow is in New Boston doing 10 years.

When I called Cornyn headquarters on Friday to ask about the chances of such a release arrangement, a spokesman said it isn't on the table.

Mandis Barrow is in Woodville doing 10 years.

Meanwhile, in Harlingen on Friday, the state's House Committee on Judicial Affairs heard from Assistant Attorney General Howard Baldwin on the Tulia matter. He said the state investigation (that was not begun until three long years after the bust) would be done "as quickly as we can."

Whatever that means, it won't be quick enough for the Tulia 13.

Qtec
06-02-2003, 12:45 PM
Its about 150 miles due west of you. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Qtec
06-02-2003, 01:14 PM
Thanks . Now i understand why these people are still in prison.Good ol GW again. I caught the end of an interview with one of the jurors about why such heavy sentences.A woman,55/60 years old. Woman, [ QUOTE ]
...he didnt say that he would try and do better <hr /></blockquote>Interviewer, ""Mdam, he said he was innocent'"" [ QUOTE ]
but he didnt say he was sorry <hr /></blockquote>.After the interviewer explains that the you dont have to apologise for something you havent done,the woman blinks,[you can see that pretty soon her brain is going to overload ]she blinks some more and says [ QUOTE ]
f he had just said............. <hr /></blockquote>

eg8r
06-02-2003, 01:42 PM
LOL, I plead absolute ignorance. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I know nothing about Texas, what has happened in Texas, any laws in Texas, nothing. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I was reading the post by Naz, but I still really do not know what it is about. I will read Naz post a little later when I have some time, but if someone has a short story behind, please tell me what's going on.

I guess it is big news if people abroad hear about it.

eg8r

Wally_in_Cincy
06-02-2003, 01:47 PM
Tulia is a bad situation eg8r and Qtec seems to think it's all your fault /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Perhaps Qtec should be more worried about things in his own country, like pedophilia, which is rampant there.

Of course he only wants to talk about anything he can use to bash America. Jealousy is such an ugly emotion.

Qtec
06-02-2003, 03:43 PM
Wally, what makes you think that i am jealous? Govt propaganda maybe. As for pedophilia,check out Oeprah Winfrey, she did a show about ""Teen Models"". Its an international problem.I dont trust GW because there are other people behind him, pushing the buttons. Lets face it,all we can do on this forum is discuss these things. A lot of people arent even prepared to do that! Have you ever been to Holland, this den of perversity?

dg-in-centralpa
06-02-2003, 05:34 PM
All presidents have someone "pushing buttons," Clinton had Hillary and Monica, Ronnie Reagan "can't remember", I forget who Nixon had, John Kennedy had Joe Kennedy, Eisenhower had a mistress, as did FDR, so no one is perfect. And yes I was in Holland but was too young and closely guarded to enjoy their den of iniquity.

DG - an equal opportunity offender

Qtec
06-03-2003, 02:24 AM
I agree, nobody is perfect. This present admin. is something else tho. The problem is that if you want to be President ,you need a hell of a lot of money. All P,s make deals. Thats normal. To expect anything else is stupid. What is going on now is anti democratic. If a reporter asks the wrong question at a Whitehouse briefing, its his last. Its now the case that if you disagree with anything GW does ,you are a traitor, a liar, a coward,etc. Logical debate has been abolished. The French are cowards, etc, because they questioned the legality of the war and the reasons for it. If you have a huge defense industry, you Need an ENEMY. When GW was elected [or not?] first the new enemy was China[the big threat], then he came up with that star wars thing again and then 9/11 happened. This has given GW the excuse to attack Iraq. We can all agree that if anyone deserved to die ,its Saddam. We have all seen the video when his opponents are dragged out of the conference hall,never to be seen again. Then we have, The Patriot act.What are you if you disagree with the PATRIOT act. Unpatriotic? He has also redefined the word Terrorist. Now the newspapers are under threat.[news last night].Remember that daring raid to save the wounded female soldier[Private Lynch ?].What if i told you that the whole thing was Hollywood, staged for the purposes of propaganda and served up on the morning news as a daring rescue ?I will bet you havent heard that on Fox or abc tv. Interested? Once people stop questioning, its the beggining of the end for democracy. Q

eg8r
06-03-2003, 06:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What if i told you that the whole thing was Hollywood, staged for the purposes of propaganda and served up on the morning news as a daring rescue ?I will bet you havent heard that on Fox or abc tv. Interested? Once people stop questioning, its the beggining of the end for democracy. <hr /></blockquote> So tell us. We have already heard that there was no one in the hospital when they rescued her. Does that mean she was not rescued? At first we were told it was a battle, then we heard that no one was there. It was on Fox. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Wally_in_Cincy
06-03-2003, 07:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> The French are cowards,

<font color="blue">We finally agree on something /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif </font color>

What if i told you that the whole thing was Hollywood, staged for the purposes of propaganda and served up on the morning news as a daring rescue ?

<font color="blue">If you told me that I would say you are a fool. But we all know better than that.

So, were the moon landings staged also?

Ever heard of the Triltaeral Commision? The Bildebergers? </font color>

<hr /></blockquote>

Rich R.
06-03-2003, 07:55 AM
Wally, you forgot the Flat Earth Society. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Qtec
06-03-2003, 08:14 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3043115.stm

dg-in-centralpa
06-03-2003, 03:08 PM
Actually I did hear about the hospital raid on radio. Why was it done this way, we'll never know. No question Saddam had to go. They are unearthing all these mass burial graves. Saddam's followers must go as well, since they are loyalists, they will carry on for him until the death. There is no easy way working with them. If Clinton would have listened to the Saudis', 9/11 would not have happened. They offered Osama but he didn't take him. Clinton vowed to hunt him down, but got cold feet when the time came. George the 2nd is not to blame for 9/11.
I generally have no respect for the media, as they tend to blow everything out of proportion. Is this why they are threatened? I haven't heard that yet.

Qtec
06-03-2003, 03:56 PM
I live in Holland, but i come from Scotland.When i see something on the news i can check out the other channels.We get;BBC, Dutch ,Belgian, German, Cnn ,Euro news etc. You get different views from different channels.If you look at them all,you have a better chance of finding out what really happened.In America ,you get many channels but they are all American.If you want to find out more ,you can always buy a newspaper. If the TV channel and the newspaper are under the same ownership, you get only one side of the story. Q