PDA

View Full Version : Any funny tricks you play on your friends?

highsea
06-02-2003, 12:27 PM
Do you have any favorite or funny tricks when you are playing a friend to mess up his game?

I was playing a buddy in a bar one time. He had left his cue at home so he asked to borrow mine. I said sure. I carry my own chalk, and I had removed the chalk from the table. I use one of those stick thingy's so my chalk is always in my back pocket. My friend knows I don't like to use house chalk on my cue.

Each time I would shoot, I would make sure he saw me thoroughly chalk the tip. I would pot a couple of balls, and leave him with a semi-long cut shot. I would then chalk the tip again and make sure he saw. But before I handed him the cue, I would swipe my thumb over the tip and wipe all the chalk off. He would setup for the shot, and "tink". He'd get an embarassed look on his face, and hand back my stick. I'd give him a look like, "gee, tough luck", then I would chalk up, and go through the whole routine again. Each time it was his turn, "tink". /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

My friend is a pretty good shot, and after about 3 innings, he was getting pretty embarassed. I had let the guys at the bar know what I was doing, so each time he stepped up and miscued, the laughter just got louder, and the remarks got funnier and funnier. Poor Alan was getting more and more confused. It got to where he wouldn't even attempt anything but a 1 foot straight-in shot!

Poor guy had about 6 balls on the table when it was over, I really had him talking to himself. Everyone else was just busting up laughing.

When it was over, I bought him a drink and let him in on the joke.

-CM <~~~likes to watch his friends squirm

Qtec
06-02-2003, 02:45 PM
The old ones are the best ones. I used to play snooker in a club in London.They had a funny Qball,with a small weight in it .When the Qball slowed down it started to take on a life of its own.Most people thought the table was off,two chinese guys played for almost two hours and didnt seem to notice! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MarkUrsel
06-02-2003, 02:46 PM
This one works in pool, golf, darts and many more, I'm sure.

Very seriously and earnestly, ask your opponent, "On your backswing, do you breathe in or breathe out?"

I did that to a friend of mine on the golf course. We were paired up with another twosome. My friend realized it was a joke right away, but it absolutely destroyed one of the other guys. I bought him a beer in the clubhouse afterwards because I felt bad for accidently wrecking his round.

Fact is, most people do neither - it's natural to hold your breath. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif