PDA

View Full Version : Cable TV Schedule Starts July 3rd

BCn
06-02-2003, 12:31 PM
PRESS RELEASE:

BCtv Summer Schedule Premiers July 3rd
Over 100 Scheduled Broadcast Times in the 13-week Series

Beginning July 3rd on Empire Sports Network in New York and July 11th on Sunshine Network in Florida, Billiard Club television will make its broadcast debut featuring 13 matches from the 2002 U. S. Open 9-Ball Championship. The broadcast will continue for a 13-week schedule on each network and conclude with the exciting two-hour final match that was seen live on pay-per-view last September 29th.

Satellite subscribers outside the Empire Sports and Sunshine Network market areas will have access via DISH Network's channel 422(EMP) and 432(SUN) and DirecTV's channel 626(EMP) and 632(SUN). If these channels are not part of your satellite channel lineup, call your satellite provider and request the expanded FOX Sports package, which gives access to all its regional networks. Blackouts will apply to NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB and other major sporting events.

Dish Network 1-800-333-3474 or DirecTV 1-888-238-7178

For cable subscribers outside the Empire and Sunshine market areas, DISH Network will offer the best package and more future opportunities to see pool on TV. Get the best DISH Network offer online by clicking here. (http://www.vmcsatellite.com/?sid=515) All new subscibers to DISH Network through this service will help benefit and ensure the future distribution of billiard programming.

Empire Sports will air BCtv up to five times each week, premiering Thursday @ 9:00 PM.
Weekly repeats:
Friday @ 2:00 PM
Saturday @ Noon and Midnight
Tueday @ 8:00 PM.

Sunshine Network will air BCtv four times each week, premiering Friday at 4:00 PM.
Weekly repeats:
Friday @ 10:30 PM (Moves to 10:00 PM starting July 25)
Monday @ 5:00 PM
Thursday @ 5:00 AM

With the weekly repeats on each network, satellite customers will have over 100 opportunites to watch the program throughout the summer. Check online listing at Empire Sports (http://www.empiresports.com) and Sunshine Network (http://www.sunshinenetwork.com). Both schedules are Eastern Time.

For more information, questions or comments, contact:
Rob Sykora
Billiard Club network
<font color="red"> Toll Free 1-866-774-8770 </font color>
or
billiardclub@earthlink.net

Thank you for your support.

eg8r
06-02-2003, 02:00 PM
Hey, this sounds great. I should be moved back to Florida by mid July and just in time for the showings on Sunshine. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Woohoo.

eg8r

06-02-2003, 03:04 PM
Yeah, it was originally reported to start May 30th.

I was greatly confused when I couldn't find it on either Empire or Sunshine last weekend. I feel better now. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/me goes off to tell Tivo to look for these...

Deeman
06-03-2003, 12:56 PM
This means we can get the coverage if we have Dish. I hope so. Do I need to call Dish of can I just order when it comes on?

BCn
06-03-2003, 01:27 PM
BCtv will be broadcast through Empire Sports and Sunshine Network. Each of these channels are available to ALL Dish Network and DirecTV susbscribers, along with individual cable customers in New York and Florida. Satellite customers in those two markets will get their respective regional channel by default, so upgrading is not necessary unless they want more opportunities to see the program.

On DISH, the channels are 422 and 432. If you do not have these as part of your regular channel lineup, call 1-800-333-3474 to upgrade. You'll get an additional 20+ channels for about $6.

We don't get any of that extra subscription money. We have to survive on advertising $ alone, until we create a subscription model that has value to the customer and provides more programming the market will support. we are working towards that at this time. Any support you can give is greatly appreciated.

For instance, if you're considering satellite for home entertainment,Check out the online offer here for DISH Network (http://www.vmcsatellite.com/?sid=515)

Feel free to call us any time at 1-866-774-8770 with other questions, comments or suggestions.

Thanks

06-03-2003, 02:37 PM
How much first-run content will be aired each week? If it's only like 1 hour per week (not counting repeats), the price is a bit steep for us DirecTV customers. The Sports Pack, which includes Empire and Sunshine, is $12/month with DirecTV. I'm still probably going to go ahead and add it to my programming package for those 3 months, but it would be nice to get more than 1 hour per week of pool for that price.

But, beggars can't be choosy, I suppose... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BCn
06-03-2003, 03:30 PM
The series will feature 13 matches from the 2002 U.S. Open with a new match each week and the final match being two-hours.

The $12 upgrade for DirecTV customers and $6 for Dish customers is for the channel package your getting, not for BCtv.

And don't be so quick to cancel, when it's very likely the series will continue through the end of 2003 and into 2004 on at least Empire. Other network are also reviewing the programming now. Stay tuned...

If you switch to DISH, it's also likely that you'll get more pool than just one hour per week in the near future and the price will be less. Once again, stay tuned...

Thanks

Rob

06-03-2003, 03:54 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote BCn:</font><hr> The series will feature 13 matches from the 2002 U.S. Open with a new match each week and the final match being two-hours.

The $12 upgrade for DirecTV customers and $6 for Dish customers is for the channel package your getting, not for BCtv.

And don't be so quick to cancel, when it's very likely the series will continue through the end of 2003 and into 2004 on at least Empire. Other network are also reviewing the programming now. Stay tuned...

If you switch to DISH, it's also likely that you'll get more pool than just one hour per week in the near future and the price will be less. Once again, stay tuned...

Thanks

Rob<hr /></blockquote>Thanks for the reply, Rob. I guess 1 hour a week is better than nothing.

I'm fully aware that technically the $12/month for the Sports Pack upgrade does not go to BCtv. But as far as I'm concerned, I'll be paying $12/month ONLY to watch your programming -- so in reality I'm paying $12/month to watch 4 hours of pool. I watch very little televised sports, and what little I do watch I get from my current programming package. So the only reason I would add (or keep) the $12 channel package is to watch your programming.

But I will do it, because I want to support the broadcasting of more pool. Maybe if enough of us pony up the green and this takes off, better options will emerge down the road and we'll either get more airtime on Empire/Sunshine (making the investment more worthwhile), or more networks will jump on the bandwagon that I don't have to pay an arm and a leg for.

Oh, and DISH is out of the question for me. I have experience with Dish, and DirecTV is a superior service, in my opinion.

I don't mean to sound unappreciative. Thanks for the effort to at least get more pool on television. We'll hopefully work out the kinks as we go... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BCn
06-03-2003, 11:39 PM
David,

Once again thank you for the support. You're a perfect example of the response we're getting from the market. Fans are willing to support the cause and pay extra for the opportunity to see the game evolve. But for that to happen, we need to harness the support to help provide the financing for more programming, which creates more interest, which facilitates more events, more sponsors, more prize money for the players, etc.

We've been building this for some time and we now have a billiard industry leader/sponsor that is willing to ensure the broadcast through 2004. Announcement forthcoming.

This really is a grassroots effort. The hopes and dreams of a corporate sponsor or deep pocket financier coming to the rescue, that I’ve read about here time and again, are pretty unrealistic. Strong entities are built from the ground up. We’re happy to have you as part of the team.

For now, we would like this conversation to continue in this open forum. It gives us a good perspective. Don’t forget to tell DirecTV the reason for your upgrade, maybe they’ll be more willing to carry future billiard events.

Rob

pooldaddy9
06-04-2003, 08:30 AM
Thanks for the info. Got to cut down some trees now for my dish.