PDA

View Full Version : Blackheart Cues and Scott Lee's advice

griffith_d
06-02-2003, 09:57 PM
Last month I had a lesson from Scott Lee at my house, who is a great teacher of pool, but during the lesson, I hit with his cue,....nice. But, he told me about Blackheart cues and that they are a great hitting cue made by a careful cuemaker for a reasonable price,....so, I ordered one.

A Cocobola with no points with a no wrap black handle,..I am really looking forward to it. When I emailed Jerry Eick about the progress, he told me of his heart problems and will be delayed. I know there was a post about this, but I just wanted to say here that I hope all goes well.

I figure the later I get the cue, the better it will hit.

Get better Jerry.

Griff

PQQLK9
06-03-2003, 11:13 AM
Scott is such a nice guy that he will probably loan you his Samsara
untill Jerry builds yours. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Ralph S.
06-03-2003, 03:56 PM
Which Samsara? LOL. If I am not mistaken, he has two of them. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

PQQLK9
06-03-2003, 04:04 PM
I know he has about 6 spare shafts in his Silver Fox case. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Mr Ingrate
06-03-2003, 07:04 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ralph S.:</font><hr>"Some days are diamonds and some days are coal." <hr /></blockquote>Ralph,

If that is John Denver you are quoting, I believe the chorus to that song goes:

"Some days are diamonds, some days are stone.
Sometimes the hards times won't leave me alone.
Sometimes the cold wind blows a chill in my bones.
Some days are diamonds, some days are stone."

Still, "coal" makes more sense being composed of the same material as diamonds.

~~~ 19 more posts to the US Open ~~

Scott Lee
06-03-2003, 08:00 PM
Nick...You got the shafts right, but the case is an all-leather 6x12 Instroke...not Silver Fox! LOL BTW, I'll be in Charlotte 6/25-6/27 teaching!

Scott

pooltchr
06-04-2003, 06:03 AM
Scott,
Where in Charlotte are you going to be?
Steve

Ralph S.
06-04-2003, 07:19 AM
Hey Dave, aka Mr.Ingrate, it aint from John Denver. It has just been an old favorite phrase of mine for years. Ralph prefers hard rock/heavy metal. I would be screaming for a good dose of Ozzy or old Metallica if I had to listen to John Denver for any length of time. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

griffith_d
06-04-2003, 07:26 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote PQQLK9:</font><hr> Scott is such a nice guy that he will probably loan you his Samsara
untill Jerry builds yours. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif <hr /></blockquote>

I think that is what he should do,...Scott, I will meet you in Concord just East of Charlotte to pick up the Samsara. Please have it polished and pick the tip a bit so it will be ready to go.

Griff

sammaggio
09-16-2004, 08:33 PM
i live 3 miles from jerry eick aka blackhear cues.he is a great guy ,his sticks are one of the best in the world.i play pool with him in a town called springvalley # is 815663pool needs some good money players to show up ther in illinois.but jerry sticks are worth the wait remeber hes only one person so it takes time.

Chris Cass
09-16-2004, 08:42 PM
Hi Griff,

I have yet to personally meet up with JER but I appreciate your concern for him and the heart situation. I'm hoping this is after what he's been through is what he spoke about and not as of recent. I sure pray it isn't a new thing.

Jer I'm told makes a fine cue. I've seen Carla Chorney' cue and it's a beaut and I've seen pics of Carol' cue and it's also equally beautiful. I know his cues are consistant in hit as I've known of others praises. I know he's very busy and if you could elabreate on what time period he talked about as far as the heart problems go I'd for one be very greatful.

Regards,

C.C.~~worried about JER.

SPetty
09-17-2004, 07:29 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> I'm hoping this is after what he's been through is what he spoke about and not as of recent. I sure pray it isn't a new thing.

C.C.~~worried about JER. <hr /></blockquote>Hi Chris,

I, too, hope JER is doing well. But you gotta notice that this post is over a year old, so it's not anything new and recent that Griff is talking about, so that can only be a good thing. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Probably no need to worry. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

BLACKHEART
09-17-2004, 10:29 AM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Thank you all for your concern &amp; kind words. As a matter of fact, I retired from my full time job in July &amp; am making a few more cues than I used to. My health is good &amp; I'm looking forward to bringing a bunch of cues to the Expo at Valley Forge. If you are looking to buy a BLACK HEART CUE at the Expo I'll be sharing the booth with Dr.Diana Sorrentino(Dr. D),who will have her great new "BILLIARDS WORKBOOK" for sale &amp; I think there will be a pool table there, to both try out my Qs &amp; to practice some of the things from Dr. D's book...JER

Chris Cass
09-17-2004, 12:41 PM
WOW, am I glad to hear that news. I hadn't even noticed the date of the post. I look forward to seeing you JER. Will Miss Connie be there?

Regards,

C.C.

SteveEllis
09-17-2004, 07:15 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote griffith_d:</font><hr> Last month I had a lesson from Scott Lee at my house, who is a great teacher of pool, but during the lesson, I hit with his cue,....nice. But, he told me about Blackheart cues and that they are a great hitting cue made by a careful cuemaker for a reasonable price,....so, I ordered one.

A Cocobola with no points with a no wrap black handle,..I am really looking forward to it. When I emailed Jerry Eick about the progress, he told me of his heart problems and will be delayed. I know there was a post about this, but I just wanted to say here that I hope all goes well.

I figure the later I get the cue, the better it will hit.

Get better Jerry.

Griff <hr /></blockquote>

I'm very sorry to hear that Jer is sick. I bought a cue from him and he was very easy and forthright to deal with.

I think you'll wind up happy with a Blackheart. I had one and liked it quite a lot. The only problem I had was that the butt's diameter was bigger than I was comfortable with. I sold it to my nephew who is very happy with it. I had hoped to buy another with a slimmer wrap area, but Jerry wouldn't make a slimmer one. Basically he refused because if somebody hits with a Blackheart someplace, likes it, and wants to buy one, that person can rest assured what is delivered is what he hit with.

At any rate, I think you'll be pleased with your Blackheart when it arrives.

Take care of that ticker Jerry. Aging rots, doesn't it?

Steve.