PDA

View Full Version : Help "Sparky" get out of debt... *DELETED* *DELETED*

Sparky
06-03-2003, 03:08 PM
Post deleted by Sparky

eg8r
06-03-2003, 03:15 PM
Dead link. You can get there if you type it in.

Who helped you get there? Seems a little lazy and I am sure if this worked (I have heard about someone else doing this before) you would have learned no lesson at all. Good luck /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I am currently working down my college loans. It is a long road but I can see the light at the end.

eg8r

Sparky
06-03-2003, 03:24 PM
The link works for me!

I wouldn't call this a "lazy" way to pay off my debts. I would just say that it is a little "out of the ordinary". There's nothing wrong with that is there? Why not give it a try!?!?! /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

"Sparky"

CrispyFish
06-03-2003, 03:24 PM
You should use Paypal. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

eg8r
06-03-2003, 03:51 PM
Why would you say it is not lazy? Sitting back hoping others will pay your debt is as lazy as it gets.

Are you actually doing anything to pay off the debt by using the website? You spent 5 minutes making the website, does that constitute hard work to pay off debts?

If it works congrats. There are many people out there that might help you out. I just wonder if you are then forwarding those dollars on to the other lazy people with website like yours.

eg8r

rackmup
06-03-2003, 04:02 PM
In your bio, you list "Hustler" as your occupation.

<ul type="square"> Questions:

Since this is a Billiards forum, one would assume you meant "Pool Hustler." I know several. In one weekend they could rake up 12 large in winnings. Are you not that good?
If you aren't a "Pool Hustler", are you simply a "Hustler In General?"
And if your answer to being a H.I.G. is to the affirmative, would you say your forte' is bumming from those who frequent forums on the net?
Are you getting the feeling now that perhaps you are:

Not good at pool and actually...LAZY, as my friends here have suggested?
[/list]

You ran your cards up. Others have done the same to theirs. You pay yours, we will pay ours. Unless, of course, your balances are less than ours, then we can trade.

Regards,

Ken (not one of those who are "born every minute" but giving him an "A" for effort. "A" for "creativity" was awarded to the woman who pulled this off a few months ago.)

Wally_in_Cincy
06-04-2003, 06:22 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote rackmup:</font><hr> ......."A" for "creativity" was awarded to the woman who pulled this off a few months ago.) <hr /></blockquote>

http://www.savekaryn.com/

Apparently it worked for her. She says she doesn't need saving anymore /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Ralph S.
06-04-2003, 06:48 AM
You cant possibly be serious. Are you? If so, I suggest the want adds and find yourself a job.

Sparky
06-04-2003, 02:33 PM
I am using PayPal now. I registered today.

Help Sparky Get Out of Debt (http://www.angelfire.com/pro/billiards49221/getoutofdebt.html)

Thanks,
"Sparky"

Sparky
06-04-2003, 02:46 PM
Ken,

I don't think you really know me do you? I am far from being LAZY, as you and a few others have stated. If you do not like my post, do not read it. If you do not want to help, then do not help. I am not forcing anyone to give me anything. There are quite a few people out there doing what I am trying to do. It does not mean that we are lazy. It does not mean that we are not looking for jobs. It does not mean that we do not already have jobs. Maybe there are other factors involved. For those of you that would like to help, I would appreciate your efforts.

As far as my occupation being a "Hustler", I posted that for a little fun and humor. Don't take things so seriously. Isn't this a place to learn more about pool and have a little fun while doing so? And actually, I am a pretty decent pool player. I am not a pro, but I would say that I am a good amateur. I am not a "ball banger". I actually take the time to read, watch, and practice my skills. Maybe someday I will be good enough to turn professional. And maybe someday I will be good enough to "hustle" you and take all of your money.

http://www.mailmeadollar.com/

http://www.helpdebbie.com/

"Sparky"

Sparky
06-04-2003, 02:56 PM
More broke people!

http://www.savekaryn.com/OtherBrokeFolks.htm

"Sparky"

rackmup
06-04-2003, 03:16 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sparky:</font><hr> It does not mean that we are lazy. It does not mean that we are not looking for jobs. It does not mean that we do not already have jobs. <hr /></blockquote>

It does mean you want someone, other than yourself, to pay your bills.

Lazy was the "polite" term.

"Bum", "Mooch", "Opportunist", "Freeloader" and "Irresponsible" are the more accurate descriptions of your endeavors.

To ask a friend for help is one thing. To monopolize on the vast reaches of the internet to encourage others to have them pay off your irresponsibly mounting debt is entirely another.

If you were so poor at managing your money that it takes this to get you "debt free", how are we to believe you will endeavor to be responsible with any donations given to you for the purposes of resolving said debt?

But, if you do play pool and you aren't a "banger", there is still hope for you.

Regards,

Ken (time spent waiting at the mailbox for my donation will be a donation of that time.)

Sparky
06-04-2003, 03:38 PM
Ken,

If you do not have anything nice to say, do not say anything at all. That would be the more intelligent thing to do rather than to cut other people down for whom you do not know. You are making assumptions. We all know what that means. It means that you are making an azz out of you and me. Please don't make an azz out of me. Keep your opinions to yourself. I did not ask for them.

I never stated that I was perfect. I never stated that I have not made mistakes in my life. I do not think you are perfect either. You have made mistakes. After all, your marriage ended because of pool. Isn't that what you said in your profile?

I am simply ASKING for help. I am not DEMANDING help. If you do not want to help, then do not help. Find something better to do with your time. Maybe you should continue spending all of your time playing pool. I am sure playing pool will continue to help all of your present and future relationships. Maybe you should stop thinking of yourself and start thinking of others. That is how I got myself into the mess that I am in. I am a "giver". I was always giving everything to everyone else without thinking twice. I am a good person. Now I am hoping that some people might find some kindness in their hearts to "give" to others, such as myself. Does kindness even exist any more? Instead of b**tching, why don't you help other people out.

And just so you know, I am an educated person. I actually have a 4-year degree. Therefore, I have some intelligence. I know what to do with the donations if they are given to me. All donations will be used to pay my debts, just as I have stated.

Have a great day!
"Sparky"

Qtec
06-04-2003, 03:48 PM
Would it kill you to give the guy a dollar ? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Q

Nightstalker
06-04-2003, 03:51 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> Would it kill you to give the guy a dollar ? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Q <hr /></blockquote>

WORD! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sparky
06-04-2003, 03:51 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote rackmup:</font><hr>But, if you do play pool and you aren't a "banger", there is still hope for you.<hr /></blockquote>

I am not a "banger", so I guess there is still hope for me. I am a pretty good shooter. I usually beat about 90% of the people I play against. Most of the time I am not even trying that hard to win. You win some, you throw some. Maybe after I pay off my debts I will buy a pool table so that I can practice even more than I do now. Then I can "hustle" you and take all of your money. Would that be a more fair way of getting your money?

Let me know!!!!

"Sparky"

Sparky
06-04-2003, 03:55 PM
I agree with "Q". Would it really hurt you that much to give me a dollar Ken?

Thanks for the help "Q"!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

"Sparky"

Qtec
06-04-2003, 04:02 PM
Not Ken,eg8r.
Q

eg8r
06-04-2003, 04:41 PM
Q is right, I am not Ken.

I think you have about as much chance getting a dollar from me as you do Ken.

I will give you the reason why...I am not asking for a handout. I have no idea why you are in debt 12000 nor do I care. If I sent you a dollar, then I would expect the exact same from you, and where are we now. Exactly where we were before. Instead of looking for handouts go get more work, get a different job, do something different than what you are already doing and pay the bills yourself.

I would rather give my money to starving welfare receipients than to some lazy-No thank you I am waiting for a handout-CCB member. Oh wait a sec, I am already paying for those on welfare. Sorry, there went the dollar.

Really, all joking aside, if you cannot pay your bills, then somewhere along the way you are making bad decisions or you were put in a bad situation. At this point it would be more admirable to go find more work to help pay the bills than to ask for a dollar on the web. You are right, it will not hurt me one single bit to give you a dollar. However, all that you will have learned is that there is a chance you can get by in life with out having to deal with the consequences of your actions. Somehow those cards built up, and you are deciding to place that burden on the kinds souls of the net. A bit greedy but whom am I to say.

Qtec, have you sent in your dollar yet? If so, has he sent you back a dollar to help you with your debt?

eg8r

eg8r
06-04-2003, 04:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am not a "banger", so I guess there is still hope for me. I am a pretty good shooter. I usually beat about 90% of the people I play against. Most of the time I am not even trying that hard to win. You win some, you throw some. Maybe after I pay off my debts I will buy a pool table so that I can practice even more than I do now. Then I can "hustle" you and take all of your money. Would that be a more fair way of getting your money?
<hr /></blockquote> How about this...Quit trying to stake claim to others money. Once you pay your debt off, how about you not buy a table and set up a savings account. Maybe set up some retirement (or increase what you are already putting in). This will help you further along in life, than taking a few bucks from the unsuspecting.

eg8r &lt;~~Slowly removing my own burden of school debt with my own hard earned money

Sparky
06-04-2003, 04:51 PM
Like I said, if you do not want to donate then do not donate. I am not DEMANDING for you to send me your money. I am simply ASKING. Also, I am not asking you to read this post. You are choosing to. If you don't agree with what I am doing, then simply find something else to do.

Most starving welfare recipients continue to do irresponsible things so that they can continue receiving their welfare checks. They are taking advantage of the taxpayers and the federal government. Most of them aren't doing anything to help themselves. Why would you want to help them out? At least I am making an effort. I am not asking the federal government for help.

"Sparky"

Sparky
06-04-2003, 04:54 PM
Your criticism should be directed to two guys that successfully sued Taco Bell for $30M for using the Chihuahua in their commercials.

http://www.freep.com/money/business/taco14_20030514.htm

Have a good one! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
"Sparky"

eg8r
06-04-2003, 04:56 PM
I am not asking you to read my replies. You seem defensive so I guess you see the futility in your actions. You state you have a degree, soooooo use it and pay the debts yourself.

[ QUOTE ]
Most starving welfare recipients continue to do irresponsible things so that they can continue receiving their welfare checks. They are taking advantage of the taxpayers and the federal government. Most of them aren't doing anything to help themselves. Why would you want to help them out? At least I am making an effort. I am not asking the federal government for help. <hr /></blockquote> LOLOL This is the funniest thing you have said, and thus further proves my point. You have no desire to do this yourself, you feel you are doing enough to pay it off by asking for a handout. If you were doing something about your debt, then you would be taking on a second job, quit paying pool time, cutting unecessary expenditures, etc. This list could go on, but we will never know because we do not know your situation. All we know is that you are very comfortable laying the burden of you debt on those that surf the web with a kind (misguided) heart.

eg8r

Sparky
06-04-2003, 05:00 PM
I never asked for your opinion. Why don't you direct your unkind (misguided) heart somewhere else? I did not ask you to read my post. You chose to.

"Sparky"

eg8r
06-04-2003, 05:01 PM
I like how you are trying to divert attention away from the fact that you are also looking for a handout. Don't drag instances of other people's shortcomings into the discussion to somehow alleviate you from the negative responses. You are not suing over stupid reasons to get rich but you are expecting to get something that you do not deserve.

eg8r

Sparky
06-04-2003, 05:04 PM
Maybe I should change my post title to, "Help Sparky find a job."

Would you be more willing to help if I did that? After all, isn't "networking" the best way to find a job? Like I said, I have a 4-year degree. I'm sure I would be able to help someone out.

"Sparky"

Nightstalker
06-04-2003, 05:07 PM
You two need to give it a rest! Bicker in PM or IM or something! LOL /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r
06-04-2003, 05:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I never asked for your opinion. Why don't you direct your unkind (misguided) heart somewhere else? I did not ask you to read my post. You chose to. <hr /></blockquote> Herein lies your problem. I am not being unkind rather very giving. I was offering advice (in a direct unfluffy way) to help you. This advice does not stop here. What happens when you are 65 and out of work. Lets say you never saved a penny your whole life. Would you then rely on past experiences and once again set up a webpage and beg for money?

By going out and working harder (than you might already be doing) you will help yourself in the end. The end result might be the same, debt free, however if you do it yourself you have strengthened your resolve and built a solid foundation based on sound monetary decisions. Doing it the way you are trying is the easy way out and leads to a long road ahead of you.

I wish you well, and hope you read this as "good" advice. It might come across the wrong way, but overall my comments are intended to be positive.

eg8r

eg8r
06-04-2003, 05:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Would you be more willing to help if I did that? After all, isn't "networking" the best way to find a job? Like I said, I have a 4-year degree. I'm sure I would be able to help someone out. <hr /></blockquote> What you are doing is not "networking". Yes if you had asked for a job, I would have helped out. Instead you chose to get a handout.

There are many job shoppers on the net that you could get your resume to and see what happens. Contract labor is a good way to start and help get your foot in the door to some of the tougher industries. Also as a general rule you make more money. Just some ideas...

eg8r

Sparky
06-04-2003, 05:13 PM
I think that you just like to argue. Are you having fun?

If you are so willing to help starving irresponsible welfare recipients, why are you not willing to simply donate $1 to me? I am not looking for a handout. If I wanted a handout, I would ask the federal government for one. I worked. I spent my money. I spent a little more than I should have, mainly due to the fact of being a "giver" and helping others out. The fact is, I worked for the money I spent. Most of the starving welfare recipients refuse to work at all. They get EVERYTHING from the government. I am not sitting here saying, "I refuse to work, please give me your money." I am doing everything that I can. In the meantime, I am asking for a little donation. If you do not want to donate, then do not donate. Find something else to do with your time. Stop reading the posts in my thread unless you are willing to help me out by donating some money or helping me find that job that you are talking about.

"Sparky"

eg8r
06-04-2003, 05:14 PM
Nope. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hey where is your ";" at the end of your SQL statement. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

eg8r

eg8r
06-04-2003, 05:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The fact is, I worked for the money I spent. <hr /></blockquote> Good, now keep working and quit spending (except bills and such /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif ). In case you have not read some of the other threads, I am not a fan of how my tax dollars are allocated. The mention of the welfare recipients was not intended to show my charitable nature. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Good luck with the handouts and keep working.

eg8r

Sparky
06-04-2003, 05:26 PM
I can't work until I find another job. And with no money, I have quit spending. The only things I have been spending my money on are bills. Right now, the bills have to wait until I get more money. I am not sitting here doing nothing. I am trying. If you haven't noticed, the economy isn't in the greatest shape. If you want to help, then help. If not, then don't. Personally, I do not have time for this. I have other things to do that are more important.

"Sparky"

06-04-2003, 07:32 PM
With all these posts about give me a dollar, you ain't looking to hard for a job. There are always jobs. It may not be the job you want, but you can always find a ditch to dig or a burger to sling. If you are serious about getting a job get out there and look and stop sitting your butt in front of a computer arguing with people who won't give you a dollar. Hopefully, you will find 12k fools out there to cough up the money. It would be different if yours was an original idea, it isn't. It might be different if your site offered something interesting, it doesn't. But you picked the wrong board to come and try to sell this. Hell man pool and hustling money go hand in hand and you come to a pool message board. You should try and hustle somewhere's else. If you showed intelligence in your scam, I would give you a dollar myself, but you haven't. Good luck though.

Sparky
06-04-2003, 09:08 PM
First of all, do you really know what I am doing or are you ASSUMING things? I would not ASSUME if I were you.

I never said that my idea was an ORIGINAL idea, did I? NO! What would you like my site to offer?

I joined this board because I love the sport/game of pool. I did not come here to hustle money. I simply put a post in the NON-POOL RELATED section. If you don't agree with what I am doing, then don't read my post. Don't acknowledge my post. I never asked anyone to read it. If you are reading it, then it is YOUR choice to read it.

As for arguing, I don't think that I am the one starting this BS. If you have something bad to say, why don't you send me a private message instead of posting in public? I don't think everyone wants to see this crap.

And by the way, this isn't a scam. Would you like me to prove my debt to you?

"Sparky"

Qtec
06-05-2003, 12:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Qtec, have you sent in your dollar yet?<hr /></blockquote>I will. Right after you do. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Qtec
06-05-2003, 12:28 AM
Try this Sparky. Change the word 'GIVE' to 'loan' or 'spare'.
Q

Qtec
06-05-2003, 12:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you have about as much chance getting a dollar from me as ...

<hr /></blockquote>Osama B.L has of becoming Mayor of Tulia. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

rackmup
06-05-2003, 04:13 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sparky the World-Wide Panhandler:</font><hr> I do not have time for this. I have other things to do that are more important. <hr /></blockquote>

...like looking for a suitable and available street corner from which he can display his "Will Work for Food" sign, wash windshields and collect aluminum cans in a shopping cart.

"Mooch" spelled anyway you want is still a "mooch." "Fiscally Irresponsible" is a condition by which remedy is garnered through self-control and diligence, not the pursuit of the "easy way out", which is the avenue you are currently on.

Interesting how you never answered my question regarding how we can trust that you will do the "right thing" with any donations you received. And, times can't be all that bad if you spent your initial gratuitously received funds on computer gear and continued web-hosting. Apply that money to your debt my industrious-but-lazy-and-continually-financially-irresponsible-friend.

Regards,

Ken (tap-tap to eg8r for his insightful responses to this thread.)

Qtec
06-05-2003, 05:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It would be different if yours was an original idea, it isn't <hr /></blockquote>

What about,
""can you give me TWO dollars''

Q /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Qtec
06-05-2003, 05:38 AM
What about this one.

""i,m hoping that you good people out there can find it in your hearts to help an old soldier who,s down on his luck.Ever since i lost my leg in the BIG one,i have been feeding myself by shootin pool.
Last week ,some low down dirty dog gone and stole my stick.
I managed to whittle out a new one ,using the wood from my leg,but now every time i break i fall on the floor. A man,s got his dignity.
Can you help ?""

pooljunkie73
06-05-2003, 05:52 AM
Good One /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r
06-05-2003, 06:04 AM
So I thought. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

eg8r
06-05-2003, 06:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you don't agree with what I am doing, then don't read my post. Don't acknowledge my post. I never asked anyone to read it. If you are reading it, then it is YOUR choice to read it. <hr /></blockquote> Take your own advice. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

If you do not like the responses to your handout request, then DON'T READ THEM. It also, is your choice (the whole quote now sounds a little stupid. Why do people continue to post it?)

eg8r

Wally_in_Cincy
06-05-2003, 06:16 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sparky:</font><hr> I think that you just like to argue....

<hr /></blockquote>

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

no way. not eg8r /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r
06-05-2003, 06:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
no way. not eg8r <hr /></blockquote> Yes I do. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Ralph S.
06-05-2003, 07:22 AM
To Sparky: Your comment directed towards Rack-m-up Ken, about his marriage was a very low and uncalled for low blow. Those of us who have been here much longer than you tend to know Ken a little better than you do. I know that you definitely dont want to get into a war of words and whit with him. You will lose. Its that plain and simple.

As for your dollar asking escapade, go peddle it elsewhere. Excluding those who may be retired, the rest of us work dam hard for our money and we try to spend it responsibly. I recommend that the first thing you do when you can afford it , is to take a money management course. You apparently didnt learn too much with that 4 year degree you are boasting. Everyone that I know, that has a degree, wether it is 2 or 4 year does hold a job. I suggest you take a dollar, if you have been given any, AND BY A DAMNED NEWSPAPER SO YOU CAN READ THE HELP WANTED SECTION!!!!!

Have a nice day!!!!!!!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nightstalker
06-05-2003, 08:01 AM
1. Sparky does not pay for web hosting and computer equipment, he has owned the equipment for years and he uses free web hosting. You would know that if you checked a little bit.

2. With all of the "uncalled-for" shots that Sparky has been taking, I don't see how you can call the shot he took an "uncalled-for" one.

3. Sparky does read the help wanted ads both in the newspaper and from many numerous online sources. He is not just sitting back and waiting for people to throw money at him, he is contrary to what all of you people believe actually looking for a job and has been since the day he lost his job.

Have a nice day!

06-05-2003, 08:17 AM
1. Sparky didn't put any effort into the site. It was a cheesy 10 minute throw together. The links to the other sites he posted had some creativity. I am inclined to give the cat $1.
2.Nothing that has been said to sparky has been uncalled for. If you post publicly you better learn to accept the good with the bad and don't start whining if someone disagrees. If you don't want someone to disagree don't post.
3. There is more to looking for a job than looking at want ads and online sources. Get out, go talk to people at a place of business. Put forth some effort. Like I said before, there are jobs there, he could probably walk into any fast food place and get a job mopping the bathrooms. If he was looking hard, he would have a job.