PDA

View Full Version : A Story about Carol's Husband Jim

Fran Crimi
06-03-2003, 07:53 PM
So we were all in Vegas this past May, hanging out by the pool and Jim, Carol's husband is sitting there filling out forms. I asked Carol, "What's he doing?" She says, "Oh, he's filling out raffle tickets."

You see, the Riviera had a raffle going for a diamond ring. The tickets were free but you could only get so many per day and you had to wait on line at the courtesy desk just to get one ticket.

And this is how the week went:

Me: Hey everyone, ready to go to dinner?

Everyone: Yep!

Me: Carol, where's Jim?

Carol: He'll be right back. He just ran over to the courtesy desk to get a raffle ticket.

The next day:

Carol: He's over getting a raffle ticket.

The next day:

Carol: Where else? Getting a raffle ticket.

The next day:

Me: Hey, Carol and Jim, ready to go to dinner?

Carol: Yep! Let's go!

Jim: Let me stop over at the desk first and get a raffle ticket. It'll just take a minute.

So, last night I got a phone call.

Me: Hello?

Franny......

Me: Yeah...

It's me Jim.

Me: Yeah, whadda you want?

Jim: I just got a call from the Riviera. Guess what? I won the diamond ring.

Me: Get out!!!

True story. Jim filled out 45 tickets that week, and his ticket was picked yesterday out of a giant barrel of 5000 tickets. He had a choice, man's or woman's and....he picked....WOMAN's!

LUCKY CAROL!!!

WHAT A GUY!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Barbara
06-03-2003, 08:03 PM
YO YO YO!!!

Hey Carol!!! Pete says to make sure it cuts glass!!!

(Yo Fran, are guys this romantic or what?)

Okay, so Carol has more than enough jewels in her life - Kianna, Jimmy, Fran, WHATEVER!!! (XOXO from Pete and me)

Barbara~~~can see Jimmy filling out the forms now, oh yeah, what as hoot that was!!!

9 Ball Girl
06-03-2003, 08:47 PM
What a guy that Jim is! Hey Carol, you tell that hunk of man of yours that Wendy says Hi! http://www.smilies.org/basesmilies3/1050848555.gif

Wendy~~~http://www.smilies.org/basesmilies3/1050850711.gif

Karatemom
06-03-2003, 09:43 PM
What a great ending to that story. Lucky Carol! I can picture Jim filling those out, hahahahahaha. Such a devoted husband, too, to choose a woman's ring. Very sweet.

Heide ~ so how big is it?

Fran Crimi
06-03-2003, 10:32 PM
They were told it's appraisal value which I understand is quite nice, but they won't know if it's a cluster or solitare until the ring arrives next week.

Fran

Karatemom
06-03-2003, 11:16 PM
Either way, Carol is a very lucky woman!

Heide

CarolNYC
06-04-2003, 03:46 AM
Yep-
He's a good guy-gotta love 'em!:)
Thanks Fran!
Carol~waiting to sign for "THE RING!"ha ha ha

CarolNYC
06-04-2003, 03:52 AM
Hey Heide,
Hope you well-
You know the saying,"Its not the size of the ocean......."
Its the thought that counts!
Stay well!
Carol:):):)

CarolNYC
06-04-2003, 03:55 AM
Will do,Wendy,will do!
Carol

CarolNYC
06-04-2003, 04:01 AM
Hey Barb,
I'll let you know-
"Go shorty,its your birthday,we're gonna party, like its your birthday,sip bacardi ,like its your birthday.......
See ya soon!
Carol:):)

eg8r
06-04-2003, 06:01 AM
What a stand up kind of guy. Congratulations Carol. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Ralph S.
06-04-2003, 06:52 AM
Just goes to show you actually can win in Vegas! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Fred Agnir
06-04-2003, 06:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> Jim filled out 45 tickets that week, and his ticket was picked yesterday out of a giant barrel of 5000 tickets. He had a choice, man's or woman's and....he picked....WOMAN's!

LUCKY CAROL!!!

WHAT A GUY!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! <hr /></blockquote>Beautiful story. Beautiful people.

Fred

WesK
06-04-2003, 07:23 AM
Too cool.

CarolNYC
06-04-2003, 07:40 AM
Thanks Eg8r,
For some reason this reminds me of the verse from "Bronx Tale"-
"Sonny was right, the working man is a sucker!"

No, the working man is NOT a sucker! The working man deserves his home to be taken care of and a hot meal on the table EVERY night-these things are good-and I do this NOT because I HAVE to, but ,because I WANT to-theres where the respect lies-every man deserves dinner on the table!
You take care now!
Carol:):):)-good things come to those who wait!:):):):)

CarolNYC
06-04-2003, 07:44 AM
Believe me Ralph,
There were plenty of "coal" days! ha ha ha
Carol:)

CarolNYC
06-04-2003, 07:47 AM
Hi Fred,
Sit down and rest your legs cause you've been running through my mind!:)
Hope to see you soon!
Carol~sends out a big hug!:):)

CarolNYC
06-04-2003, 07:51 AM
Thanks Wesk,
You stay well!

eg8r
06-04-2003, 07:54 AM
And rightly so, sounds like Jim has one fine woman. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r &lt;~~Very patient (knows wife hates to cook /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif )

pooldaddy9
06-04-2003, 08:50 AM
Wonder if I could talk him into buying a couple of lottery tickets for me.

Fran Crimi
06-04-2003, 09:18 AM
Carol, that brings back fond memories of my childhood. My father would walk in the door at 6 sharp and the hot meal was on the table. And here I was thinking all those years that it was for me! Haha!

Remember these words, Carol: "It's not delivery. It's DiGiorno."

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Fran

WesK
06-04-2003, 11:08 AM
You, too.

We'll see you guys again in September, yes?

wes - I like it when good things happen to good people.

Rod
06-04-2003, 02:11 PM
Hi Carol,
Don't let that ring blind you while shooting. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif What a nice gift for a nice lady. That hubby of yours sure knows how to treat the love of his life. I can imagine there is good reason for that to. Enjoy,

Rod

CarolNYC
06-05-2003, 03:25 AM
Hi Rod,
What a nice compliment from a very nice gentleman!
Always wishing you the very best!
Thank-you!
You take care now!

CarolNYC
06-05-2003, 03:40 AM
PSYCHE!ha ha ha ha
Carol~LMAO

CarolNYC
06-05-2003, 03:50 AM
Hi Wesk,
We have back-to-back tournaments in September,but June 28th-29th in Arlington Virginia at Champion billiards is the Virginia State Championship!If your near there and have the time,stop by!
Stay well!:)
Carol

Rich R.
06-05-2003, 04:01 AM
Great story.

Every time I have been in Jim's company, I have not know him to pass up a raffle, or a Keno card /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif.
He comes up a winner most of the time.

I think Jim and Carol are both winners. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Way to go Jim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MikeM
06-05-2003, 06:27 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> Hey Barb,
I'll let you know-
"Go shorty,its your birthday,we're gonna party, like its your birthday,sip bacardi ,like its your birthday.......
See ya soon!
Carol:):) <hr /></blockquote>

"So come gimme a hug."

After you give Jim one, of course.

Mike

WesK
06-05-2003, 09:27 AM
Cool...

I'll talk to MikeM, maybe we can come on down an cheer for you.

wes

CarolNYC
06-05-2003, 11:21 AM
Theres ALWAYS a hug for you, Mike!
Have a great day!
Carol~hopes Mike is picturing me singing"GO SHORTY" and it brings a smile to his face!

Gayle in MD
06-10-2003, 08:10 AM
Fran,
I LOVE this story ! This sounds just like something he would do. When I met Carol and Jim, liked them both immediately, and it really seemed like I had known them forever. It was my first time playing in a tournament, and Jim, and Carol, went out of their way to cheer me on throughout the experience. It's great when you meet people whose goodness and kindness just shines right through. Lots of great folks here on the CCB...

Enjoy your ring Carol, you deserve it gal.

Gayle in Md. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CarolNYC
06-10-2003, 10:20 AM
Hey Gayle,
SOOOOOOOO wonderful to hear from you-I missed you! I received the ring-7 diamonds,floret pattern-I'd say approximately worth 500+-nice parting gift but not as near as what Jim played on slots,ha ha ha-you stay very well and I hope to see you soon!
All my very best to you and Jim,ALWAYS,