PDA

View Full Version : Moukhtar gone

Wally_in_Cincy
06-04-2003, 07:50 AM
Moukhtar is no longer in the database. I thought he was funny at first until he got vulgar.

So I bid him adieu, that son of goat. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

eg8r
06-04-2003, 07:56 AM
Wally,

His name is gone, but I am sure he is still here. It will not be long till another name pops up.

eg8r

Ralph S.
06-04-2003, 07:58 AM
I must have missed something, or everything. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Nightstalker
06-04-2003, 08:21 AM
Is there a way to block more than just the username, for example the IP? As eg8r said, he is probably not finished harassing us.

pooldaddy9
06-04-2003, 08:44 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ralph S.:</font><hr> I must have missed something, or everything. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>

No, you didn't miss anything.

heater451
06-04-2003, 10:03 AM
I doubt that the IP could/would be blocked. Many IPs are dynamic, and/or shared, in any case.

Possibly, there's a 'kill' on the email address, which doesn't stop people from running to Hotmail, Yahoo!, or whatever, but that only goes so far. As an example, one person that was kicked, returned two or three times, with a slightly modified ID, but continued to be a malcontent, and was shut out again.

Just consider it the same as having a run in with a crazy/'hole, at your local bar--which reminds me of a time when a total drunk, nutter chick harassed me at the table one night. She came up to me out of nowhere, and got in my face about promising her that she could play pool. Maybe someone did at another bar, but I know I didn't, nor did anyone else that had been playing for the last 4 hrs. Even her friend, who came in to back her up, wound up shooting me apologetic looks, when she realized that the psycho was off her rocker!. . . .Later, I had the bad fortune of looking up, just as she returned to the room, and I accidentally made eye-contact. Well, like a wild animal, she locked onto me and began to round the table. I had no choice, but to hand off my stick to a friend and disappear into the crowd.

=======================

Nightstalker
06-04-2003, 10:08 AM
Oh I understand how IPs work, but just throwing an idea out there which could prevent such users from returning.

Hopster
06-04-2003, 10:50 AM
Good, the idiot sent me 7 pm,s this morning. I guess retards got to find something to do. lol

bluewolf
06-04-2003, 11:47 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Nightstalker:</font><hr> Oh I understand how IPs work, but just throwing an idea out there which could prevent such users from returning. <hr /></blockquote>

Some forums dis allow yahoo, hotmail etc and only accept emails from valid isps. I suggested this to the admin a while back, but as usuall, we are powerless. Maybe we should take a battering ram and storm the castle all at once. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

snipershot
06-04-2003, 06:07 PM
Thank god!

TomBrooklyn
06-04-2003, 09:39 PM
What did he say that was vulgar? Maybe I missed it. Hardly a week passes that I don't read stuff from many regular posters here that is more vulgar, intolerant, predudicial, demeaning and insulting than anything I've seen from him, especially since these regular posters usually put this stuff up while being serious, whereas he was doing it as a joke. I'm not bringing this up to knock anyone, just trying to understand.

Karatemom
06-04-2003, 09:50 PM
What did he say that was vulgar? Well, let's see. I got a PM this morning that said the picture of my son "turned him on", (to put it nicely), and the leather and the bandanna, even more. I don't say too much to stir up trouble, that's not what this board is about, so I keep my mouth and opinions to myself. The one time I can remember getting angry at someone was when I harped on nAz for posting something that was silly and I went overboard. Still, to this day, I feel bad about that. But this guy went over the edge. I don't think he was being funny or joking. I think he was an a******, and very glad that the likes of him are gone.

Heide

heater451
06-04-2003, 10:00 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote TomBrooklyn:</font><hr> What did he say that was vulgar?<hr /></blockquote>These are the only two posts I found, that I think would qualify:

http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Board=ccb&amp;Number=81684&amp;page= 0&amp;view=expanded&amp;sb=5&amp;o=7&amp;vc=1

http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Board=ccb&amp;Number=81298&amp;page= 0&amp;view=expanded&amp;sb=5&amp;o=7&amp;vc=1

But, I think it was the private harassment, that got everyone pissed off at him. I only got one, which was pretty tame, but certainly not appreciated. . . .

==================

Chris Cass
06-05-2003, 12:33 AM
Hi Tom,

I don't like getting envolved with these slamers and generally, I let my wife take care of herself. She's a strong woman with a mind of her own and I don't worry about her taking care of herself.

I read the PM this Moukhtar sent her and became furious. Bring my son into this is reason to buy life insurance. God forbid I ever find out who this person is. My wife said nothing to promt him into such a response.

Now, shes taken and erased her Email address and my sons picture. This is a form of emotional terrorism and that won't fly here so I suggested she contact admin. I also know this wasn't nAz's work. He can be crude at times but he's always showed respect for family.

Since my ordeal the last 7 mths. I've changed in many ways. I value people, life and enjoy the things people don't take the time to enjoy. The love of friends and family. The tranquility of a light rain and watching life as it's spent through others.

I would however defend my son and wife to the death if it came down to it. It's somewhere I don't want to be. I also am not going to let these shock artists get the best of me either.

Please don't take this as anything negative for the fine people of the board. I'm sure he won't be the last.

Regards,

C.C.

MikeM
06-05-2003, 06:03 AM
Tom,

Do you agree that it was a good decision to dump Moukhtar now?

Mike

eg8r
06-05-2003, 06:13 AM
Tom I am sure he is very happy that you are still here standing strong and defending him.

eg8r

9 Ball Girl
06-05-2003, 01:43 PM
Well, he sent me several messages that made even me get embarrassed! Really nasty, crude, sexual stuff. I just deleted the crap.

Hopster
06-05-2003, 02:03 PM
Well, he sent me several messages that made even me get embarrassed! Really nasty, crude, sexual stuff. I just deleted the crap. &lt;--Wendy

If he got you embarrassed it had to be bad as almost every girl i knew in Brooklyn could curse almost as well as i could.
Hmmm, i wonder if this says anything about the company i kept.
/ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Qtec
06-05-2003, 10:40 PM
Tom [ QUOTE ]
Maybe I missed it. Hardly a week passes that I don't read stuff from many regular posters here that is far more vulgar, intolerant, predudicial, demeaning and insulting than anything I've seen from him, especially since these regular posters put this stuff up while being serious, whereas he was doing it as a joke. <hr /></blockquote>

As a regular poster i find this ""predudicial, demeaning and insulting"".If you have something to say then say it.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not bringing this up to knock anyone, just trying to understand.
<hr /></blockquote> Why bring it up in the first place.????
By the way, you missed out ""condescending""

Q

bluewolf
06-05-2003, 10:46 PM
Lots of vulgar pms were sent to lots of people including me, and mine, I believe, paled in comparison to what others received.

Laura

Nightstalker
06-06-2003, 12:06 AM
I received two which were pretty digusting! Glad he is history! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sparky
06-06-2003, 12:11 AM
Moukhtar sent me several disgusting pm's. The thing I find most disgusting is the nude baby picture he was using. I don't care if you are joking around or not, you DO NOT post pictures of naked children. In my opinion, he should go to prison for awhile.

"Sparky"

Kato
06-06-2003, 02:10 PM
He sent me a pm and though stupid and a waste of time was not particularly gruesome. "Sorry about the AIDS Test mix up" was the PM. However, I was appalled by the picture on the side.

You can PM me or e-mail me at home, everyone knows that. If it's worth your time to write it try to make it worth my time to respond. This dude did neither.

Kato

pooldaddy9
06-08-2003, 06:08 PM
No problem, till I got the PM, toot ta dam loo /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

highsea
06-10-2003, 04:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Nightstalker:</font><hr> Is there a way to block more than just the username, for example the IP? As eg8r said, he is probably not finished harassing us. <hr /></blockquote>

You betcha you can block IP's. Any private network connection has to go through a firewall or router with a public IP address.

I will say that this board *does* monitor this traffic, and is perfectly capable of blocking access from specific computers or routers. I know this from experience, because I was inadvertantly blocked from acess this last week.

I may have been mistaken for "mouhktar" after sending a notice to the moderator about one of his flame bait posts. I think I was one of many who complained about this character, and in their efforts to 86 him from the board, I was inadvertently caught in the net. The upshot is that I was blocked (by IP address) at the firewall.

I have administered large networks for several years, and I know what the workload is like. At least "mouhktar" is gone (for now anyway), and that is good for the board. I'm not going to bitch about a free service being denied me for a week. It was well worth it to lose the boil.

I have a thread on RSB that I used to figure out what was going on. You can read it if you want, but it might not make much sense.

It took a few days and a few emails, a review of the logs and a couple of traceroutes, but we got it straightened out. The clouds will be a little fluffier tomorrow. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Brian, if you read this, thanks for taking care of me.

And Nightstalker and eg8tr, the solution to not being "harrassed", of course, is to not take the bait. Big fish know this, that's how they get to be big fish.

CM &lt;~~~play pool!

Nightstalker
06-10-2003, 07:33 AM
Oh I did not take the bait! I never replied to any of his nonsense.

eg8r
06-10-2003, 12:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And Nightstalker and eg8tr, the solution to not being "harrassed", of course, is to not take the bait. Big fish know this, that's how they get to be big fish.
<hr /></blockquote> I don't think you will find any replies of mine to him. I still firmly believe that he will be back with another name.

eg8r

highsea
06-10-2003, 12:35 PM
You are probably right about him resurfacing. I did not read the threads, so, sorry if I implied that you guys were caught up in the smack talk.

-CM

TomBrooklyn
06-10-2003, 05:30 PM
I see. I didn't know he was sending PMs.

UWPoolGod
06-10-2003, 05:42 PM
Yeah I didn't take the PM bait either...even after some very rude remarks.

Qtec
06-10-2003, 09:24 PM
Dear Tom, you posted this, [ QUOTE ]
What did he say that was vulgar? Maybe I missed it. Hardly a week passes that I don't read stuff from many regular posters here that is more vulgar, intolerant, predudicial, demeaning and insulting than anything I've seen from him, especially since these regular posters usually put this stuff up while being serious, whereas he was doing it as a joke. I'm not bringing this up to knock anyone, just trying to understand <hr /></blockquote>

11 minutes later,Karatemom posted this,

[ QUOTE ]
"What did he say that was vulgar? Well, let's see. I got a PM this morning that said the picture of my son "turned him on", (to put it nicely), and the leather and the bandanna, even more. I don't say too much to stir up trouble, that's not what this board is about, so I keep my mouth and opinions to myself. The one time I can remember getting angry at someone was when I harped on nAz for posting something that was silly and I went overboard. Still, to this day, I feel bad about that. But this guy went over the edge. I don't think he was being funny or joking. I think he was an a******, and very glad that the likes of him are gone.

Heide ".<hr /></blockquote>

50 minutes later you posted on another subject.

Scince then you have posted AT LEAST 9 times.

Then today you come up with this, [ QUOTE ]
I see. I didn't know he was sending PMs.
<hr /></blockquote>

With all due respect, can you understand why some people have difficulty believing this statement?

Q /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif