PDA

View Full Version : Lessons

PeterP
06-04-2003, 12:37 PM
How do you go about finding an instructor? The nearest pool hall is about 1/2 hour from my house.. should I go there and ask around, or is there another way to find a teacher? Thx..

=k=
06-04-2003, 01:05 PM
hello peter.. i went to bca web site and got the list of bca instructors.. if you don't have one in your area, or anyone giving lessons.. you may ask around as to who is the better players.. one of them may give you pointers for table time and a drink or two. . k

Pizza Bob
06-04-2003, 01:06 PM
Use this link:
http://www.bca-pool.com/play/
Go to Instruction and then click on Active Instructors for a listing of BCA Certified Instructors. Failing this, yes, ask at your local room, but beware, just because someone plays well, doesn't mean they know how to teach or even have the correct fundamentals. Just a caveat.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

PQQLK9
06-04-2003, 01:08 PM
Where are you?

06-04-2003, 01:15 PM
Scott Lee, a regular CCB'er, travels around giving lessons all over the country. Several CCB'ers have had lessons by him. Send him a PM to see when he'll be in your area. He'll provide instruction at a poolhall or at your house, whichever is better for you.

He's due at my house on June 23rd for some refresher coaching... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

PeterP
06-04-2003, 01:19 PM
Central NJ (Flemington)

Fred Agnir
06-04-2003, 01:20 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote PQQLK9:</font><hr> Where are you? <hr /></blockquote>
Judging from his username, I'd guess Never-Never Land.

Hope this helps,

Fred

Eric.
06-04-2003, 03:06 PM
Peter, there are 101 different instructors in our neck of the woods! A good place for you to start would be to stop into Califon Billiards(in Califon, of course) and talk to Califon Ed. He is the owner and I believe he used to teach. Also, there are two NYC instructors with good reputations: Tony Robles via Amsterdam Billiards East and Fran Crimi via Corner Billiards. Fran is also a CCB'er, try PM'ing her.

Eric

bluewolf
06-04-2003, 03:09 PM
Scott is a wonderful person who travels all over the country.

Randy G is also quite wonderful and he has a three day pool school, if you are looking more a more intense expereince.

I can vouch for both.

If you say where you are from, i bet someone on here could give you an idea of good local instructors too.

Laura

Qtec
06-04-2003, 03:15 PM
You said it !!!
Qtec

Pizza Bob
06-05-2003, 11:42 AM
Peter:

Check your BD mailbox I sent you a PM.

Adios,

Pizza Bob