PDA

View Full Version : The 'Velveteen Widow' INDICTED! Her Response:

rackmup
06-05-2003, 03:59 AM
The latest on our troubled friend:

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote The Associated Press:</font><hr>Stewart Quits Top Post at Martha Stewart/Rackmup Billiards Enterprises After Indictment

By Josh Pitts, Associated Press Writer

NEW YORK - Martha Stewart stepped down as head of the company she and Ken Kingan built on her vision of gracious pool playing a billiards empire now scarred by an indictment that could send its co-founder to prison.

Diva in Distress:

'The Velveteen Widow' moniker, which has made her a fortune and stamped her style on everything from chalk holders and cue cases to custom cues and ornate pool tables is in serious jeopardy. She plans to stay on as creative chief and a member of the Martha Stewart/Rackmup Billiards Enterprises board.

Stewart's resignation came hours after federal prosecutors in New York charged her with obstruction of justice, conspiracy, securities fraud, ball-in-hand fouls and breaking from a position in front of the headstring to investigators.

"I've made a few mistakes. I've distorted the truth and perhaps circumvented some rules when others were not looking but does that make me evil?" Stewart was quoted as saying as she left the courthouse with her famous Billiard's Industry Attorney, Mark Stankey.

The future of Martha Stewart/Rackmup Billiards Enterprises is certainly up in the air but co-founder 'Rackmup' says business will be "as usual until such time it becomes unusual."

If you would like to make a donation to the 'Martha Stewart Legal Defense Fund', $5.00 from the sale of every 'Martha Stewart's Decorating Tips for 4' X 8' Rooms' video will be deposited in a fund to help set the Diva of Pool free.<hr /></blockquote>

It's a sad day in the pool industry. Sad indeed.

Regards,

Ken

Wally_in_Cincy
06-05-2003, 06:04 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Martha Stewart:</font><hr>
It's just not fair. Ken and I have worked so hard. All those long steamy nights gluing beads onto chalk holders and making macrame cue cozys. The hot summer afternoons pickling eggs for the 1 pocket tournaments. I need my freedom so I can enjoy the simple beauty of the multi-colored orbs.<hr /></blockquote>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote rackmup:</font><hr>
My stock went down how much ??? !!!! <hr /></blockquote>

Ralph S.
06-05-2003, 06:56 AM
If I can quit laughing I might be able to post a real response. You are too funny Ken. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

rackmup
06-05-2003, 09:24 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> All those long steamy nights gluing beads onto chalk holders and making macrame cue cozys.<hr /></blockquote>

Marty's (my nickname for Martha) legal troubles have brought us closer together as business partners but if you are implying anything more than a professional business relationship, you my friend, are way off base.

One drunken night on a pile of hand woven coasters doesn't constitute a intimate relationship.

Regards,

Ken

Wally_in_Cincy
06-05-2003, 10:00 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote rackmup:</font><hr>
.......One drunken night on a pile of hand woven coasters doesn't constitute a intimate relationship.
<hr /></blockquote>

That's not what I heard. More like a steamy summer building an all-Brazilian-wood Christmas village complete with roofs shingled with pine cone shards. And what about the rumored stains on her legendary masterpiece quilt stitched from those little 1-inch suares of the bedsheets that Emily Post once slept on? Hmmmm? What about that Ken? /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

And what about the time you and she disappeared into the apple orchard supposedly for the purpose of retrieving fresh fruit for the apple compote that is standard with her homemade veal sausage. What about that Ken?

And I dare not even mention the sweat stains on the Simonis. Oh my....

Methinks "boy toy" Kingan has a short memory. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

heater451
06-05-2003, 12:50 PM
Great, now everytime I think of K-mart, it'll involve Ken Kingan. . . .

========================

Wally_in_Cincy
06-05-2003, 01:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote heater451:</font><hr> Great, now everytime I think of K-mart, it'll involve Ken Kingan. . . .

======================== <hr /></blockquote>

And every time you think of Wal-mart you can think of me /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

late.