PDA

View Full Version : WPC predictions

snipershot
06-05-2003, 07:28 AM
Well Cardiff isn't that far off now and I can hardly wait.
I was just curious to see what everyone's predictions would be, who do you think will win? Any surprises and disapointments?

My Prediction: Marcus Chamat over Johnny Archer in the finals.

Disapointments: Mika Immonen has been struggling

Surprises: Alain Martel (remember that name) Imran Majid

Pagulayan will finish 5-8

Just a few crazy predictions, yours?

Steve Lipsky
06-05-2003, 07:42 AM
I would like to see Imran do well also. I met him at last year's US Open and he plays pretty sporty. Seemed to be a nice guy as well.

- Steve

marek
06-05-2003, 08:00 AM
Winner: Francisco Bustamante
Runner-up: Ralf Souquet
Semifinalits:Ching-Shun Yang, Takeshi Okumura
Surprise: Tot, Hybler into last 16

snipershot
06-05-2003, 04:59 PM
Imran was supposed to go to the Western Canadian Open but never ended up going so I never got the chance to meet him. I have seen him shoot several times before and he certainly has the potential to make some noise, definitely an underrated player.

Chris

Cueless Joey
06-06-2003, 02:43 PM
Efren-Mika in the finals.

Kato
06-06-2003, 02:47 PM
Marek is right. It's all Tot from here /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

New Tot Nickname: Total Tot

Kato~~~~~............Tot

pooljunkie73
06-06-2003, 06:07 PM
1 st-Johnny Archer
2 nd-Francisco Bustamonte
3 rd-Alex Pagulayan....if he get's his spot /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

snipershot
06-06-2003, 06:16 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooljunkie73:</font><hr>
3 rd-Alex Pagulayan....if he get's his spot /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Yeah, before the Reno Open Alex seemed to disapear off the face of the planet /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif I think I saw his face on the back of a few milk cartons /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I heard at Matchroom today he went to the Philipines to hustle for a little while but who knows.

Anyways I can't imagine Alex not getting a spot he certainly will contend there. I think he's got some more maturing to do before he will win a world championship.

Oh and another prediction: Fabio Petroni for a good sleeper

Qtec
06-06-2003, 09:27 PM
What game do they play? What size tables ? Its not that reds and yellows game,Australian pool?? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Q

cueball1950
06-06-2003, 09:33 PM
Alex Just won the Joss tour final 2 weeks ago beating Jose Parica in the finals..so he has been popping up in some places

snipershot
06-06-2003, 09:51 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> What game do they play? What size tables ? <hr /></blockquote>

9 ball, I believe their playing on 9 foot tables.

PoolChick02
06-08-2003, 12:40 AM
Well, Ralf Souquet has been doing pretty well..so Im thinking he will either win or come in 2nd.

ArtMetcalf
06-08-2003, 11:47 AM
Archer is playing great. Look what he did to Corey Deul the other day. He's winning everything in sight, or coming in the top 3. Safe bet he'll do the same in Cardif.