PDA

View Full Version : sickos

bluewolf
06-05-2003, 11:00 PM
Not directly pool relatied but...

I have put a post on suggestions hoping that people will brainstorm on how to keep these sickos off or how to get them off quickly. I figured that the admins might listen if enough people posted ideas under suggestions. the only reason I am posting this here is because I do not know how many people visit the suggestions forum.

arn3
06-06-2003, 02:02 AM
whatever the deal is(i don't post often or peruse every post in the forums), that sounds like a board administrator problem.

sounds like he's not paying attention to the forum.

nAz
06-06-2003, 02:40 AM
BW this is a real easy one... Ignore them.

rackmup
06-06-2003, 04:04 AM
I agree with nAz...ignore them.

Attention seekers need...umm..attention. If they don't get what they need, they go away.

Or, hone your verbal assault skills, reply to them in a manner by which they can muster absolutely NO response, then, sit back and revel in the knowledge that you have probably sent them into a fetal-like position, cowering beneath thier kitchen table, sucking on thier thumbs and mumbling...

...MA-MA.

Or...just ignore them. Like nAz says.

Regards,

Ken

cheesemouse
06-06-2003, 05:46 AM
Bluewolf,

"if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck".....In the past two years I can remember only three posters who have been cut off. While I don't know who the board administrators are or how they determine who goes and who stays I think they have been effective in ridding us of the bad guys. It works, it ain't broke...no new laws are needed, no new big brother needed...ignoring them sounds easy but we all know on any given day that is impossible...LOL... /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

bluewolf
06-06-2003, 05:48 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote arn3:</font><hr> whatever the deal is(i don't post often or peruse every post in the forums), that sounds like a board administrator problem.

sounds like he's not paying attention to the forum. <hr /></blockquote>

I sent suggestions to them a month ago of ways they could fix or minimize this.I got a message back that they had sent my suggestions to BD.I am only one person. I was thinking that if enough people complained, maybe they might do something.

'If nothing changes, then nothing changes'

Laura

NBC-BOB
06-06-2003, 06:08 AM
The best way to get rid of the sickos, is for people to stop replying to them.Also part of the problem is the open format of these forums and there's always going to be a few hidden sickos.

Wally_in_Cincy
06-06-2003, 06:39 AM
You can't really stop them from registering. But BD has been really good about throwing out the trash. Quit worrying about it. I'm sure the webmaster has plenty to do without implementing a whole new registration system just so we can get on here and yammer mindlessly.

06-06-2003, 07:42 AM
THIS HAS GOT TO BE ONE OF THE ummmm... ANYWAYS! WORRYING ABOUT WHAT SOMEBODY ELSE IS TYPING ON THE INTERNET! OMG..WELL I AM OFF TO PLAY POOL..NO MATTER WHERE I GO I PLAY AT A POOL HALL..err BILLIARDS ESTABLISHMENT THAT IS SMOKE FREE, NO ALCOHOL, PERFECT TABLES,CLOTH,LIGHTING NO GAMBLING OR HUSTLING AND OF COURSE NO CUSSING..OK..SO NOW I AM LAUGHING SO HARD..I CANNOT TYPE...DO NOT REPLY TO THIS COMMENT...

I WILL IGNORE IT.. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

snipershot
06-06-2003, 09:37 AM
That's the solution right there. Our collective silence would be far more powerful than asking the moderator to get rid of the retards.

Tom_In_Cincy
06-06-2003, 10:02 AM
bluewolf,

Exactly which 'sickos' haven't been removed?

Or, do you have a problem with the time it takes to remove them?

This is a public forum. PUBLIC, NOT Private.

Its moderated by the admin. If you don't like what is being said there is a symbol at the bottom of each post that allows you to directly post a message to the admin to advise that the post does not conform to the Board rules.

Post Extras http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/images/notifymod.gif

bluewolf
06-06-2003, 04:28 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> bluewolf,

Or, do you have a problem with the time it takes to remove them?
This is a public forum. PUBLIC, NOT Private.
Its moderated by the admin. If you don't like what is being said there is a symbol at the bottom of each post that allows you to directly post a message to the admin to advise that the post does not conform to the Board rules.

<hr /></blockquote>

Time. Already complained about some incidents and gave suggestions. but oh well.

Tom_In_Cincy
06-06-2003, 04:43 PM
bluewolf,

I have always recieved positive results with all my efforts to communicate with the CCB Admin.

I think you expect too much from one person (the Admin), supporting a Public forum. If you were paying for this service that would be an entirely different story. But, none of us are. All we can do is hit that little icon at the bottom of the messages and send the comment to the Admin. If enough posters do this one little task, that will be enough. The Admin will take the appropriate action.

The best way to get rid of the "sickos" is to ignore them, and just hit that little icon. This is the easist way to get rid of them.

Ignore them, don't post a response, and hit that little icon.

heater451
06-06-2003, 04:51 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> . . .All we can do is hit that little icon. . .ignore them, and just hit that little icon. . . .Ignore them, don't post a response, and hit that little icon.<hr /></blockquote>So, Tom, what are you trying to say?

=====================

Tom_In_Cincy
06-06-2003, 06:57 PM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

TomBrooklyn
06-06-2003, 07:53 PM
It is said in public speaking circles that one of the keys to making an effective speech is to open with an explaination to the audience of what you are about to say, then saying it, then finishing off by telling them what you just said.

heater451
06-06-2003, 08:29 PM
You pretty much just summed up what my "speech" professor took months to beat into the heads of the class. . . .

=========================