PDA

View Full Version : Fast TCP: Making the internet 6000 times faster

nAz
06-06-2003, 02:31 AM
All i can say is Awesome! Oh and how much and long before this bacomes avalible for the average consumer! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Excerpt: By ganging 10 Fast TCP systems together, the researchers have achieved transmission speeds of over 8.6 gigabits per second, which is more than 6000 times the capacity of ordinary broadband links.

Full story (http://adserver.adtech.de/?adiframe|2.0|289|73231|1|1|target=nsad;)

UWPoolGod
06-06-2003, 09:12 AM
Man, at that rate imagine how many popups you can recieve now. Mind blowing.

highsea
06-10-2003, 04:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote UWPoolGod:</font><hr> Man, at that rate imagine how many popups you can recieve now. Mind blowing. <hr /></blockquote>

Well, presumably you would run 6000 anti popup programs, so performance would not be degraded...

CM &lt;~~~Play Pool!

nAz
06-10-2003, 09:26 AM
All i know is when this happens there will be faster pRon, oh and it uses the same framework as the current internet so P2P will still work /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Patrick
06-10-2003, 09:29 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> All i know is when this happens there will be faster pRon, oh and it uses the same framework as the current internet so P2P will still work /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>"Attraction to physical vehicle material is for those who are young"

Patrick