PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to the Senior's 9-Ball Tourney

Uncle Ron in SC
06-06-2003, 07:44 AM
The Senior's 9-Ball Tournament in Naples FL, starts Jun 25 thru 29...Is anyone planning to play or be there? I played in it last year and it a great tournament. I'm hoping to play in it again this year but haven't finalized my plans yet...I know of 3 other players from SC who are planning to play...This will be the last Senior's tournney in which Efren is not quaified to play...He turns 50 the last part of this year...
Note: I enjoyed reading the story about Steve Mizerak in the latest "Inside Pool" magazine...I met him last year for the first time and he is quite the man!

Uncle Ron in the north woods of Swansea, SC

"Nothing this world is perfect."

Voodoo Daddy
06-06-2003, 09:19 AM
I'll be there Thursday only...look for me. I'll be the GIANT surrounded by normal sized people!!!

06-06-2003, 11:14 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Uncle Ron in SC:</font><hr>...This will be the last Senior's tournney in which Efren is not quaified to play...He turns 50 the last part of this year...<hr /></blockquote>Slightly off-topic, but I was thinking Efren was already 50. I know I've heard so a few times.

But then I just checked his bio at azbilliards, and looky here:

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote AzBilliards:</font><hr>Efren “The Magician” Reyes

Angeles City, Philippines
Born: Aug. 26, 1954, Pampanga, Philippines
Cue: Meucci 21 oz., 12.5 mm shaft
Sponsor: AMF Puyat<hr /></blockquote>If that birth date is correct, and my Advanced Calculus skills hold up /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif, then he's only 48. Hmmmmmm...